Cricket 2005 - Report Bugs Here

there is one bug...

If the fielder misfields, he doesn`t try to pick up the ball. Instead he acts like throwing the ball.

Don't know if this is a bug or not but how come when I create a player then go into a match his nose is all stuffed up? Then I go back to created players and fix it and as soon as I add the player to a roster then click exit his face and nose changes.

Thanks
PM

Is there a special trick to playing a power shot in the PC version?
For Example I want to play a front foot sweep for a left hander in behind bastman view.
I press S and Arrow down and arrow right at the same time, do I press and then hold down Shift key at the same time as the other keys or do you have to press shift key basically twice?

Thanks Phil :onpc

No, u can just hold down the shift key.. then press the arrows and shot...

Or: hold down the arrows, then press shift and shot.. or try holding down shift and arrows, and shot if ur keyboard lets u :)

hahaha, this thread is fun reading. It continually amazes me how much ea can stuff up cricket games. I have all ea cricket games since cricket 2000, i keep buying them in blind hope that they'll get it right sooner or later, but not once have they made a decent, playable game with no major bugs. Thank god BLIC came out, i mean sure it has its little bugs here and there, but none that totally destroy the gameplay like ea cricket's do.

yeah, in a one day game, i was playing an ing cup game, nsw v qld, and bichel bowled 16 overs thats also happend in the previous versions.

Shailesh said:
Pietersen was out for 38 and duck showed up.

Bowler celebration cut scenese look out of sync, and why are so many fielders chaning positions after each over.

Once a batsman was bowled and before leaving he looked back at the stupms ..which were intact, guess the non striker was more disappointed ;)

stumpings don't look right..

player models look too big (in main view and other wise), players jump too much :D in celebrations.

Overall, apart from some ok graphics I don't see anything to cheer about.

the ai team seems to react and move in double speed :confused:
Having got my copy of the game today, all I can say is WA WA WA WA WA. Haven't seen any bugs thus far, and those bugs are pure and utter nit picking.

I think its a great game, run rates realistic, and as I said, yet to see any bugs.

Jarryd said:
Having got my copy of the game today, all I can say is WA WA WA WA WA. Haven't seen any bugs thus far, and those bugs are pure and utter nit picking.

I think its a great game, run rates realistic, and as I said, yet to see any bugs.
Glad to hear you havn't come across any for you but believe us they are certainly there. :D

Of course that means we shouldn't hear you complain in the near future when you start noticing the bugs in the game then should we. :rolleyes:

I was slightly disappointed with Cricket 2005 and sided with the other cricket game on the market.

And...this is why...

Batting

1. The bowlers always bowl on the stumps.

2. It is too hard to pierce the in field.

3. The back foot leg glance is mine (and probably most ppls) only shot, it goes for 4 always.

4. The front foot leg glance sometimes misses a straight ball landing you an unstoppable LBW.

5. The LBW decisions are quite poor.

6. Theres a huge gap between bat and pad in the straight drive.

7. Backfoot shots shud b able to hit any length...its hard to explain

8. Shots shud vary depending on length like Brian Lara, however, this with the backfoot/frontfoot option would mean loads of shots and that you cant play a front foot leg glance to every ball.

9. Edges, in the game, happen when u play it too late, not when u play the wrong shot, like it should.

10. A defense shot controlled with the analogue stick?

11. The button for the sweep shud b a different shot against a pacer

Bowling

1. You cant see the bowlers run ups.

2. Pacers are very slow and do not rush any batsman.

3. Spin is good but the bounce is a bit too high.

4. Swing is not right, and outswinger seems to swing in and cut out. when it shud just swing out, ans same with the inswinger.

5. Cutters dont move at all.

6. Its slightly too easy to bowl a line and length.

Fielding

1. Misfields are quite poor, in that fielders never fumble the ball, and wen the miss it they try to throw it without a ball.

2. With a running diving catch, they stop b4 they dive.

3. Sometimes the ball floats in the air after hitting a fielder.

4. Silly points and short legs are wimps and look away from the only catches that they take in real life.

5. Sometimes fielders are too brilliant and fast.

Graphics

1. The asian faces are poor as are the west indian faces.

General

1. The game does not flow and is (A RHYME COMING UP) slow.

2. Theyre shud b no cut scenes for a usually fast paced 10 over match and many for a test match.

3. The umpires most of the time make the wrong signals.

4. The game is too hard.

5. No varing shots for varying batsman.

6. A day five pitch plays the same as a day one pitch.

I rekon this sums it up nicely

manee said:
I was slightly disappointed with Cricket 2005 and sided with the other cricket game on the market.

And...this is why...

Batting

1. The bowlers always bowl on the stumps.

2. It is too hard to pierce the in field.

3. The back foot leg glance is mine (and probably most ppls) only shot, it goes for 4 always.

4. The front foot leg glance sometimes misses a straight ball landing you an unstoppable LBW.

5. The LBW decisions are quite poor.

6. Theres a huge gap between bat and pad in the straight drive.

7. Backfoot shots shud b able to hit any length...its hard to explain

8. Shots shud vary depending on length like Brian Lara, however, this with the backfoot/frontfoot option would mean loads of shots and that you cant play a front foot leg glance to every ball.

9. Edges, in the game, happen when u play it too late, not when u play the wrong shot, like it should.

10. A defense shot controlled with the analogue stick?

11. The button for the sweep shud b a different shot against a pacer

Bowling

1. You cant see the bowlers run ups.

2. Pacers are very slow and do not rush any batsman.

3. Spin is good but the bounce is a bit too high.

4. Swing is not right, and outswinger seems to swing in and cut out. when it shud just swing out, ans same with the inswinger.

5. Cutters dont move at all.

6. Its slightly too easy to bowl a line and length.

Fielding

1. Misfields are quite poor, in that fielders never fumble the ball, and wen the miss it they try to throw it without a ball.

2. With a running diving catch, they stop b4 they dive.

3. Sometimes the ball floats in the air after hitting a fielder.

4. Silly points and short legs are wimps and look away from the only catches that they take in real life.

5. Sometimes fielders are too brilliant and fast.

Graphics

1. The asian faces are poor as are the west indian faces.

General

1. The game does not flow and is (A RHYME COMING UP) slow.

2. Theyre shud b no cut scenes for a usually fast paced 10 over match and many for a test match.

3. The umpires most of the time make the wrong signals.

4. The game is too hard.

5. No varing shots for varying batsman.

6. A day five pitch plays the same as a day one pitch.

I rekon this sums it up nicely
Absolutly spot on with your points the game is seriously bugged, but at least we have some good modders who can make it at least playable. :)

Oh turn it up, the game isn't seriously bugged. I've encountered one so far, and I wouldn't even call it a bug. Playing as India v Hampshire in a tour game, and I was batting in my 2nd innings, the 4th of the match. It said "Target 643", which wasn't my target, but if I got to my target it would've been my total score if you combined both innings. Then again, I don't really consider this a bug. I say if it doesn't affect gameplay, it's not a bug. Ie. that bug Sam's .exe had to fix on C2K4, THAT was a bug. Taking a couple from manne's list, not seeing the bowlers runups and the game being to hard, they're not bugs at all.

Jarryd said:
Oh turn it up, the game isn't seriously bugged. I've encountered one so far, and I wouldn't even call it a bug. Playing as India v Hampshire in a tour game, and I was batting in my 2nd innings, the 4th of the match. It said "Target 643", which wasn't my target, but if I got to my target it would've been my total score if you combined both innings. Then again, I don't really consider this a bug. I say if it doesn't affect gameplay, it's not a bug. Ie. that bug Sam's .exe had to fix on C2K4, THAT was a bug. Taking a couple from manne's list, not seeing the bowlers runups and the game being to hard, they're not bugs at all.
Mate i guess all the hundreds of guys on here who have had the game longer than you and are more experienced than you are completly wrong :eek: .... seriously though you have got your head in the sand mate if you cant see any bugs in this game??? Here are just some more bugs...

1. Hit the ball into the silly point fielder and the ball sticks to him for about 3 - 4 seconds as if it is lodged in his back before dropping to the ground while this is happening you can get a run everytime.

2. If you hit the ball straight down the pitch and it hits the bowlers end stumps you can run and get a single everytime and cannot be run out even though a fielder runs in and picks up ball and hits stumps at bowler end before your even halfway down the pitch.

3. commentary is nowhere near any good, they often commentate for example "that was an expensive over" even though they just bowled a maiden. (Might not affect the score but c'mon this is supposed to be a professional product) as well as other numerous commentary bugs that happen there are lots more.

4. In One day games bowlers often bowl more than their allotted 10 overs. I often have a CPU player bowl 15 - 16 sometimes even 25 overs in one spell now if that is not a bug i don't know what is.

5. Pitch conditions do not vary from day to day they are same on day 5 as day 1 only dark patches appear and they have no affect on the ball. This was 1 of their BIG features they promoted that the ball will behave different as pitch wears over the 5 days as stated by EA SPORTS.

So mate i would play the game a bit more before you rush around making statements that all of the guys on this forum are wrong about reporting the bugs that ARE IN THE GAME!!!!

It is very plain to see the bugs, do you think we all just imagining this??? Crikey mate open your eyes or at least play the game more and you will see the bugs that are in there.

kymsheba said:
1. Hit the ball into the silly point fielder and the ball sticks to him for about 3 - 4 seconds as if it is lodged in his back before dropping to the ground while this is happening you can get a run everytime.
Boo hoo, so don't run.

kymsheba said:
2. If you hit the ball straight down the pitch and it hits the bowlers end stumps you can run and get a single everytime and cannot be run out even though a fielder runs in and picks up ball and hits stumps at bowler end before your even halfway down the pitch.
As above.

kymsheba said:
3. commentary is nowhere near any good, they often commentate for example "that was an expensive over" even though they just bowled a maiden. (Might not affect the score but c'mon this is supposed to be a professional product) as well as other numerous commentary bugs that happen there are lots more.
I just ignore the commentary.

kymsheba said:
4. In One day games bowlers often bowl more than their allotted 10 overs. I often have a CPU player bowl 15 - 16 sometimes even 25 overs in one spell now if that is not a bug i don't know what is.
Bingo, we have a bug.

kymsheba said:
5. Pitch conditions do not vary from day to day they are same on day 5 as day 1 only dark patches appear and they have no affect on the ball. This was 1 of their BIG features they promoted that the ball will behave different as pitch wears over the 5 days as stated by EA SPORTS.
Not a bug, just false advertising from EA Sports, this isn't new. Remember on C2K4 they promised us a fully customisable Career Mode?

cricketfanatic said:
hi guys,

i hope this not been reported...sorry if it has been.

When batting second in test matches..in the last (4th ) innings..the target shown is always wrong..suppose the correct target is 200 and i had scored 160 in my first innings ..the target shown is 360(200+160)...but the match is over when i score the required 200 runs..has ne one experienced this ? any help possible ?
I got the same error When I am playing second innings target shown is wrong always add the two innings total and show it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread