Cricket 2005 - Report Bugs Here

i just saved an oneday match around 25 overs
i reloaded the game
the ai bowlers are now bowling more than alloted 10 overs

k_dineshkumar said:
i just saved an oneday match around 25 overs
i reloaded the game
the ai bowlers are now bowling more than alloted 10 overs
well that bug was not there in cricket 2004 but was there in cricket 2002. And now it has reappeared. I guess the EA guys should release a patch to fix these small but annoying bugs.

About fifty percent of the time if the ball is hit on the ground to a deep fielder he goes to pick it up as it is coming to him and inexplicably misses. Even good fielders do this. Anyone else got this?

Originally Posted by jamesgray2005
About fifty percent of the time if the ball is hit on the ground to a deep fielder he goes to pick it up as it is coming to him and inexplicably misses. Even good fielders do this. Anyone else got this?

Yep, I get this a lot. A lot of times the ball isn't even hit hard and it always goes for 4 runs. So frustrating !

This is my first post, but a good one I hope.

Bowling is very easy. I can dismiss teams for abysmal totals of 11,14 or 21 all out. You just have to bowl full tosses aimed at the stumps with a bit of swing in it, and the batsmen will always go out trying to hook the ball. Now I play the came at Normal difficulty so I really hope this BUG isn't there in Hard mode..

Any of you guys experienced this problem?

has anybody noticed that when a boundary is hit the four or six signal is given by the square leg umpire
try to see clearly u`ll notice it

When chasing a target in the last (4th innings) of a test match, the target required (displayed in the top right corner of the screen) is listed as the total target for both innings.

Maybe not a bug as such, just very confusing.

Does anyone else have this problem: When the innings is over and the highlights come on even if i press continue it shows me the next highlight and keeps on going in a cycle without coming out. I have to either restart my comp or some how press ctrl-alt-del and exit the game.

nikekakkar said:
Does anyone else have this problem: When the innings is over and the highlights come on even if i press continue it shows me the next highlight and keeps on going in a cycle without coming out. I have to either restart my comp or some how press ctrl-alt-del and exit the game.
Just hit next and then hit continue. It happens SOMETIMES but not always. All I do is hit next and then continue. Thats it.

If there is a mid on/mid off, it is impossible to score a run down the ground without going over the top. Reasonable in one day games, because hitting over the top is part of the game, but in four/five day cricket you can only seem to score your runs on the leg side. The fielders are much too quick to cut the ball off.
It is also extremely difficult to pick gaps in the field. In one over, I played three sweeps, two cover drives and an on drive, and all of them didn't go a meter either way.
The fielders are ridiculously quick.
The ball will just be lying on the ground and the fielder will misfield.
I played a straight drive perfectly, came off the middle of the bat, but somehow got redirected behind to the keeper. It seems I managed to edge it off the middle.
The short leg fielder gets hit about every second leg glance/flick I try to play. All their players would be in the hospital in real life.
It is impossible to flick the ball for four. I played a perfectly timed flick and it rolled for two, as the only fielder on the leg side was long leg.
When one of my batsman was set, mid off and mid on went deep. Fair enough, it makes sense, but what it means is that you can hit the ball back past the bowler almost every time and score a run a ball without difficulty. The cpu doesn't cop on to moving the fielders (or at least one of them) in.
I was playing vs Nottingham, made 220 odd off 45 overs, they were 73-1 after 35. They made absolutely no attempt to try and reach the score. I wasn't bowling exceptionally well, they just didn't want to get after the bowler at all.
When coming down the track with a straight drive, they don't get anywhere near the pitch of the ball. It's just a swipe well away from the pad. It looks awful, and if it moves at all you get bowled. Although it is nice that you can come down the track to defend the ball.
The commentary is awful. I left a ball about a foot outside off and Benaud says "He had the batsman in trouble with that one", or some variation of this comment.

Having said this, it is nice that you don't have to touch the ball for it to go for four. I think what is needed is quicker and bigger outfields.

Last edited:
Attempt to access player 1 more than once or unknown player. I got that just now and the game quit. Maybe not exact words but very close to it.

One More Problem

Wicket Kipper is Like Super Man wicket keeper always catch from third slip and some time forth slip also. it s like impssoble in real cricket

hows this 4 a bug... lee came down the pitch to Vitorri, He edges it, Mccullum drops it, it hits the stumps, Lee is bowled, but no... next out to bat is brett lee!!!! wow.

Change Screen Size

Can anybody HELP?

I have Cricket 2005 and when i play it it is in a very small screen. I have tried the usual for an EA game options/Display settings, but there appears to be no graphics options.

Please help it's so annoying!!!

Users who are viewing this thread