Cricket 22 Bug Report Thread (Read first post)

Platform: PS5
Game Version: 0.1.1604
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: Any
Teams used: NSW v Tasmania, but happens with others
Ground: North Sydney Oval
Over Count: n/a, happens at anytime.
Issue (one line description): Run out bug
Bug description (detail):

On selecting to run, and then cancelling the run soon after, one of the batsmen does not observe the cancelled run command. That batsman will continue to run and both batsmen will be at the same end.

Sometimes the AI will hit the stumps and the batsman will be given out. Other times the AI ignores the fact both batsmen are at the same end and the ball is dead. The game proceeds to bowl the next delivery.

Video:
Big Ant have already replied to me to confirm this is a known bug. They are looking into it.

Platform: PS4
Game Version: Patched version 1.16
Game Mode: Academy, downloading custom teams
Match Type: N/A
Teams used: N/A
Ground: N/A
Issue: Academy taking a long time to load teams, then crashing
Bug: The academy is unusable. It takes 2-3 minutes to load 20 teams, the same for the next 20 and then crashes if you try to load any more.

If you try and download teams individually, it will take 30seconds to load 1 team and then you sit there with a black screen for upwards of 20 minutes should you try to download it.

And, no, there's nothing wrong with my internet, it's a stable wired connection with which I have never had speed issues.

Last edited:
Platform: Xbox Series X
Game Version: Latest update as of 12/01/22 however, issue happens on other updates too
Game Mode: All
Match Type: all
Teams used: Pakistan v Namibia but happens all the time randomly
Ground: lahore but others too
Over Count: random
Issue Screen goes green and Xbox turns off
Bug description Playing any mode with any team at any ground, the Xbox X will turn off at random points. I have tried to pinpoint when exactly, but it's hard due to the random nature of when it is turning off.

Platform: PC
Game Version: v0.1.1606
Teams used: all
Issue Autoexit
Bug description When I Click On Share after updating a team, It Autoexits everytime

Not really a bug but do the crowd have to jump up and down with hands in the air at all matches at bigger grounds ?! The only time I ever did this was at Hove because it was so cold , can’t crowd just stay in seats , also hoping we get to choose crowd match size on console as I think Steam version has this option ….
I have spoke to Ross on Twitter and mentioned specifically that in test matches the crowds are too animated. He said he feels the same and will look into it

I have spoke to Ross on Twitter and mentioned specifically that in test matches the crowds are too animated. He said he feels the same and will look into it
That is good news, well done and thank you, just played a game at one of the created county grounds and the crowd jumping up and down was getting on my nerves !

Its not just that they're too animated, it's also the mad cheering and screaming after every wicket that lasts for the rest of the match.

Platform: PC
Game Version: Latest Steam build
Game Mode: Any
Teams used: Any
Ground: Any
Over Count: Any
Issue (one line description): There's a blue artifact blocking the entire screen for few seconds when using Batting Mid as batting cam & Broadcast 3 as running camera

Bug description (detail): 1s Pic - there's always this blue bar under the score HUD when using Batting Mid cam,
2nd Pic - this blue block is what it displays when we leave a ball or any action behind the stumps involving the wicket keeper,
3rd pic - After the 1 second blocking of screen, then it shows properly.

As far as I can see, its this blue bar which is always present in batting mid cam, engulfing the entire screen as the ball goes behind the batsman.

Attachments

• 20220114143519_1.jpg
    20220114143519_1.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220114143525_1.jpg
    20220114143525_1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220114143526_1.jpg
    20220114143526_1.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 7
Game Version: v 0.1.1659
Game Mode
: Career or all.
Match Type: All
Ground: All
Over Count: All

Issue: Generic pitch marker option still broken & unaddressed.

Bug description:. Generic pitch marker has always worked with PlayStation with black & white bowling & pitch markers respectively, but was never fixed in C19 on the Xbox.

The same issue has been directly copied over to C22 since day 1 where the bowling ball marker still displays the actual coloured length instead of a plain/generic white marker, & only the pitch marker itself displays a black generic marker. (The same issue is also definitely present on the Xbox One X.)

Obviously, as long as this remains unaddressed the accessibility options you're providing in the settings don't actually work.

Can you please fix this once & for all so that I can actually use an option the game is supposed to allow!!??

Last edited:
Game Mode
: Career.
Match Type: First class
Teams used: Yorkshire vs Hampshire
Ground: Headingley.

Issue: Bowling meter settings drastically different between a leg spin all-rounder vs a leg spin batting all-rounder, and/or custom bowling presets not working for certain careers. (Issue re-creatable across multiple modes, match types, grounds, or teams.)

Bug description:
. I use the same custom bowling settings across multiple different careers, however, the "release point green area" is slightly wider for a genuine all-rounder as per my custom setting vs the batting all-rounder. As far as I can tell my custom settings work correctly with the all-rounder career but they're broken & simply won't engage with the batting all-rounder career.

Consequently, my custom presets won't engage either during an existing match or at the very start of a brand new match.

Game Mode

Issue 1: Lofted back foot uppercut when facing a spin bowler broken again. (Grounded late cut/very fine cut working well off spinners or lofted uppercuts working reasonably well against fast bowlers too.)

Issue 2: Grounded back foot late cut/very fine cut broken when facing fast bowlers too. (They often just ping off the bat directly to backwards point or gully in a similar fashion to the original broken cover drive always pinging off the bat straight to extra cover/cover.)

Bug description: As per the above issues most attempted lofted uppercuts are often missed entirely despite having 2 or 3 ideal green user inputs off a spin bowler. Typically, when a batter does happen to connect using a lofted uppercut with ideal inputs it still immediately slams into the waiting hands of a slip fielder anyway. They're not achieving optimal height off the bat as per the same issue that originally affected straight/cover drives which is why it's a guaranteed feed to a slip fielder.

Back foot punches & cuts continue to be an issue in various ways when facing fast bowlers too.

Last edited:
Game Mode

Issue: Straight drive power balance/upgrade remains absolutely ineffectual as long as all fast, fast medium, or medium bowlers remain capable of intercepting almost every ball driven back in their general vicinity off their own bowling.

Bug description: Straight drive power balance still utterly ineffectual because it's still impossible to drive a ball back past a fast or medium bowler while watching them defy human motion & gravity. Fast or medium pacers are still capable of outstanding acts of human capability & endurance off their own bowling, not to mention completely defying at least two separate laws of physics in the process.

Please address the coverage and/or reaction times of an actual active bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread