Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Has anyone seen the Day 0 patch notes??
Post automatically merged:

@MattW Jus a small doubt regarding the overall rating. This player doesn't have any skills greater han 70, but his overall rating is 75. How is it possible?

Source: RahulRkgamer Video
Hope someone can figure this out..

Not worth full price if you already own C19 imho. I suggest waiting for a sale or for the game to receive a few more patches. There are a few steps forward in gameplay but the graphics are nothing great. Commentary is truly awful. A very iterative upgrade, similar to other sports games.
On PC, the game crashes on a few screens but you can still play. Is anyone else seeing the batter take ages to run when playing off the backfoot?
How often is it crashing on steam? Also what is the true verdict on the graphics because I'm seeing almost 50/50 some say it sucks and worse than 19 some say its amazing

I don't own 19 but from videos I'm really impressed by 19 graphics, the pitches, lighting etc all looks great.

I think 22 looks good but I feel I just see moments where I think "wow looks great" and then a lot of the time I'm thinking "reminds me of Ashes 13 by codies or DBC17" so idk lighting looks off or something. 19 looks like it has more "character"

How often is it crashing on steam? Also what is the true verdict on the graphics because I'm seeing almost 50/50 some say it sucks and worse than 19 some say its amazing

I don't own 19 but from videos I'm really impressed by 19 graphics, the pitches, lighting etc all looks great.

I think 22 looks good but I feel I just see moments where I think "wow looks great" and then a lot of the time I'm thinking "reminds me of Ashes 13 by codies or DBC17" so idk lighting looks off or something. 19 looks like it has more "character"
It did not crash in play for me. It crashes when you select certain items in the menu. I used the play now tab and was able to play 25 to 30 overs of a test match with no crashes. In regards to graphics, it’s a minor iterative upgrade over C19. So if you’re happy with C19 graphics, you’ll be happy here too. Just don’t expect anything next gen from it in the graphics perspective.

Got bored and got the game rather than waiting for feedback about ring fielder and outfielder catches in tests.

Love what I see though. Looks superb and plays nicely. i don't mind the commentary. Don't think I'll be getting any catches in this iteration though. AI looks worryingly identical to C19.

Just played 9 overs of a test, PS5 - I assume with patch, as it had WI licensed.

Seemed good, no major leap from c19 but AI played nicely, left balls, punished the bad ones. Fielding seemed ok in terms of some boundary stops but then after the fielder didn't react and throw the ball in quickly.

Commentary is an absolute mess, with the commentator just chiming in randomly rather than a "commentary team" that changes which would have been way better
Think you can switch and change the commentators,so you could possibly change them every hour?

Looking forward to paying tonight once it is available on the PS store in US. So far the videos I have seen it looks really good. Seen a few top edges that was caught and catches inside and outside the circle which looks really cool. Also seen some funny things like AI turning around rather than catching the ball or letting the ball go past right by them and very delayed in throwing the ball back. I haven't played since dbc 14 so this is quite exciting to me.

Steam version: Game crashes as soon as it enters any of the mode (Including tutorial).

About the commentary bit, i would love to see them go back to the DBC14 style commentary. Don't get me wrong, it had quite a lot of repetitions such as "he's gone" lmao. But David Basheer and Matthew Hill made it really, really lively. The stadium ambient noises were also kinda realistic. Ball hitting the fence, you get a sound of the ball clanging against the fence.

There's so much to learn from DBC14. Their first ever attempt at a cricket game, still remains as one of my favourites.

Hi, when we start the game and sign in its stating that profile data corrupted and asking to create new data. I am using the same profile which I used for cricket 19. By any chance will creating new data erase the players I previously uploaded into cricket19 Academy server?

I did pick myself as a stadium announcer and was crushed to hear someone else's voice...

Users who are viewing this thread