Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

What will be the price in India for steam version?

What will be the price in India for steam version?
Can't predict to be honest considering Cricket 19 was released at 999 & Ashes Cricket and DBC17 were 2799 and 2999 respectively.

Also both Ashes and DBC17 were published by Tru Blu previously which wasn't the case for Cricket 19.

Now with Big Ant coming under Nacon not sure how the pricing region wise will be affected.

Just like everyone I am looking forward to play the game and see first hand what they have come up with this time. As there is no process where I am involvedin, I feel free to speak about the game as much as anyone. As many of us here I am hoping that the game hasn't just been dumbed down for the smash and grab crowd. To be very clear I am not of the persuasion that BA or anyone is under obligation to involve whoever but I do know that previous titles have had extensive input from dedicated people here to bring a depth and knowledge that was for the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully they won’t throw away the depth - that was big on BA games from the beginning. I’ve no problem them trying to make it accessible too - the more money they make the more likelihood we keep getting games in future.

Shame there’s no beta as I think as a process they’ve generally improved the games.

I think c19 is an absolutely tremendous game.

I’ve no concern about BA bigging up “cosmetic” changes - that’s what impresses on the box, not the deep technical stuff. They aren’t gonna major on “you’ll actually get some outfield catches” and “players dive now instead of looking like they’re picking a child’s toy up from the floor”.

What will be positive from this though is the forums will be way more fun with @Dutch unleashed!!

Yep Cricket 19 has a hell of a lot going for it and is still a very enjoyable game to play and as you say you have to be able to sell the game you are making and if that means jazzing things up thats of course fine. But from the beginning BA have set out a real intent to preserve what makes cricket the game it is and hopefully they remain true to that in a way that allows the connaisseur to enjoy the game just as much as the kid wanting to tonk a six with fireworks and Elvis Presely dancing at thrid man for all I care
Post automatically merged:

However the new owners in my humble opinion don't have a great track record of wanting to bring games with accuracy and depth and a game play that is more simulation than arcade.

But this remains utter speculation and we are a notriously critical bunch here and angsty of new things. Lets give it a fair go!

Yep Cricket 19 has a hell of a lot going for it and is still a very enjoyable game to play and as you say you have to be able to sell the game you are making and if that means jazzing things up thats of course fine. But from the beginning BA have set out a real intent to preserve what makes cricket the game it is and hopefully they remain true to that in a way that allows the connaisseur to enjoy the game just as much as the kid wanting to tonk a six with fireworks and Elvis Presely dancing at thrid man for all I care
Post automatically merged:

However the new owners in my humble opinion don't have a great track record of wanting to bring games with accuracy and depth and a game play that is more simulation than arcade.
What are these new dudes track record?
At the very least you would hope the game is using 19 as a base.. so you would hope and assume it will be as good as 19 in terms of gameplay. Be utter madness to scrap that hard work.

They are of Tennis World Tour fame: the first game wasn't even completed. The second game was made by BA and was better but still has mixed reviews. Most of their sporting games as a far as I can tell have mixed reviews. And they just seem to LUVVVVV a DLC.

I have full faith in BA but not in Nacon. Their track record isnt confidence making as far as I am concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread