Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
After having a positive experience a few days ago using customer reskilled players and the fantastic pitch sliders it has gone downhill from there. 9 wickets out of an innings were taken from Spin with the majority of them being caught by the keeper from edges that came off the shoe of batsman or thigh pad and lobbed up. I had to remove close in fielders early on to stop it happening but then it started going to the keeper. Hard to enjoy a test match when you can't even set realistic fields.

I have tried and tried with this game , graphics look good new animations look good but to me there is nothing different in the actual game play itself that differs from C19 aside from new actions and few different shots. With some other games coming to game pass over the next week that interest me I think ill be ending my C22 experience, I played 19 to death and there is nothing with this game in how the matches play out that want me to keep playing.
I have no doubt this game will still be very good to the hardcore cricket fans but it just feels like I am playing the same game that I had been playing for the last couple of years unfortunately.

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

BigAntStudios:
1642541983466.png

Edit:
BigAntStudios:
1642542175807.png
(Realized BAS headquarters are in Australia)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I just played an enjoyable T20I having upped the difficulty to Veteran and Hard. I’ve amended Wicket Chance and Bowl Quality to 70, Run rate is 35 (20 for Tests, 30 for ODIs and 40 for T10Is-Or might be 5 higher for each white ball. Can’t remember!). Bounce and pitch bounce lowered to 40 (Might revisit this as hitting pads/stumps lowish but don’t want full slower or spin deliveries bouncing over the stumps like has always been the case).

Malaysia got 168-3 after 100 run opening stand. Game crashed after I took first actual wicket which was a shame because then two of them were run outs. My custom England (Rating 71) won off no ball (Only one), possibly last delivery of 19th over. No extreme amount of extras. After a late wobble, Laurie Evans hit the ball straight down the ground for 6 to seal the win.

The usual spinner bowling on my heels smack it to the boundary (Behind square is it?) no fielder there always helped me stay in the game. Poor AI bowling/fielding. This one particular repetitive example is helpful but unreal. T20 style boundary fielding was very noticeable even if there was some slowness after knocking it down for a teammate.

Will I still score too quickly in Tests with this set up? Probably (Famous last words!)

Am I misunderstanding Wicket Chance? The higher number means that I should be taking wickets easier?! Not quite been enjoying bowling in Tests as much (Italy twice batted 100 plus overs!) as historically but will see how things go on this tour of Kuala Lumpur!

I change names of opposition players to make them seem more authentic and make their sides balanced and competitive. Enjoyed a few thrilling/rewarding white-ball matches now. Just need to make Tests feel a bit better.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wish if this zombie pic can be tagged to BA or Ross …. What a finest piece of crap they gave this time in name cricket22 which even after 15 + patches, cant go smooth without game crash.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
capture26-png.261870

Spectator Edition

Attachments

• Capture26.PNG
    Capture26.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 209

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
For sure sliders have an impact but does it stop game from crash (scenario is you are playing competition and soon game finished and exit then it crashed)

24 hrs to go for fixing or breaking game. From past experience, patch breaks the game more instead fixing. Lets hope game crash, run out on crease bug, fps issue get sorted out in this patch
Maybe only if you tinkered with them before perhaps?
I'm having some impressive, realistic and very enjoyable results using a slight adaptation of the sliders you guys have developed.
I have built 5 teams from scratch, 'under-powering' the batters, reducing aspects of fielding and generally personalising each player to have their own characteristics.
I am playing both tests and ODIs and am very pleased with the feel of the games.
I am not having crashes, overthrows or any nonsense I was experiencing previously.
I know this doesn't cure problems with career mode or licenced teams/players, but there is an excellent game in there somewhere.
So a big thank you to the work you have all done and continue to do.
It is encouraging to see BA getting more involved recently (thanks Matt) and maybe wr are getting somewhere . . . . . . .
Are these a specific set of sliders here and can they be shared?
Post automatically merged:

May be some new bug... But I happy to be wrong on this...
We're happy for you too, but possibly it could fix most things and be the patch to rewrite all future patches?

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Post automatically merged:

Little timmy's dad spotted- Dad is happy looking at the sky,lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-141418.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-141418.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20220119-141635.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-141635.jpg
    948.3 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread