Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fielders are still throwing the ball to the WK/bowler who is no where near the stumps, even though there is easy run out opportunity if you hit the stumps!
Non striker backing up way out of the crease when spinners are bowling.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fielders are still throwing the ball to the WK/bowler who is no where near the stumps, even though there is easy run out opportunity if you hit the stumps!
Non striker backing up way out of the crease when spinners are bowling.
How often though? Specifics help out in these situations. Is it a once an over occurrence or once every five overs? etc (I'm not meaning to sound rude, its just devs (in general) find it easier to solve issues when we can be specific if possible).

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
One thing I noticed was that shots from the AI were going for 4 when if the fielder stepped over they'd take the catch. This is happening on shots where the fielder is running alongside the flight of the ball. The ball literally bounces about half a metre next to them as it bounces off for 4...

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@WealeyH I'm not playing tests, I'm playing 4 day county matches in career, bowling left arm over. The backfoot lofted drive over extra cover and the aerial whip off middle are the main two I'm seeing. I will caveat this by saying that everything else, % of balls left, variety of wickets, AI quick singles and fielding is much improved in the latest patch, it just feels like if the AI attacks my bowling they automatically go aerial like it's a T20.
Got to say this is similar to my experience in career mode after latest patch on PS4, AI going at 3 an over with RR set at 25 , and a fair few lofted drives for six over cover off my pace bowling of 90mph , county 4 day game too ….

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Dark shadows issue on the pitch is back again. After a user reporting this issue to Ross on twitter, there was temporary fix applied in one of the previous patches by moving the shadows little bit back towards keeper. But it seems to be back in latest patch.

d97385e7-6c34-4339-a727-6b0547281b14.png
For reference this is in sydney ground.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hey @MattW with things consistently moving in right direction, can we address the line a Left/Right arm spinner bowls to a left handed batsmen. Every delivery pitched outside off stump. 6-8 wides an over. Have raised the defect already!!

Attachments

• A381B9BB-C287-43A3-A4D3-D9ECC482D200.jpeg
    A381B9BB-C287-43A3-A4D3-D9ECC482D200.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
Dark shadows issue on the pitch is back again. After a user reporting this issue to Ross on twitter, there was temporary fix applied in one of the previous patches by moving the shadows little bit back towards keeper. But it seems to be back in latest patch.

View attachment 264220
For reference this is in sydney ground.
If it’s based on time of the day, then I think it’s a cool feature as it happens in real life too right?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am not against the shadow but it shouldnt be that dark. The farther the shadow the lighter it should be. As its too dark its difficult sometimes to focus especially if you are using pitch marker
Yeah, its pretty dark. Just needs a minor opacity tweak in my opinion.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How often though? Specifics help out in these situations. Is it a once an over occurrence or once every five overs? etc (I'm not meaning to sound rude, its just devs (in general) find it easier to solve issues when we can be specific if possible).
I have had this happening 2 times in an over. It really depends on where u r hitting the ball and your runnin between the wickets. But through out a t20 over match - it happend around 10-11 times. Literally every single time it was an easy run out yet the fielder decided not to try a direct hit.
Post automatically merged:

I have had this happening 2 times in an over. It really depends on where u r hitting the ball and your runnin between the wickets. But through out a t20 over match - it happend around 10-11 times. Literally every single time it was an easy run out yet the fielder decided not to try a direct hit. I'll try to get some pics next time
Edit:
look at this. her the the fielder threw the ball directly to the bowler who is standing in the middle of the pitch. This is not even the worst case.

1645765153549.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread