Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ok lads.. something for the short game enthusiasts!

Had a spare hour or so did a T20 this time on PS5 so exactly the same build as everyone else. (Which is sure is also the case with steam anyway)

Australia v England
All Default…
Only changes were I lowered the power to the England players down to 5/6 APART from Morgan.

View attachment 264335

First positive.. is the AI didn’t chase me down.
Secondly Morgan was the standout.
Power Skill can really alter how you want the game to play out.
It’s probably a little low at 5/6 as Bairstow couldn’t get it over the ropes.
But it did produce some lovely catches.
And it proves with Morgan that in its current levels it’s probably too much hence why they chase anything as they can dispatch anything.

ALSO if you want less edges in T20 and ODI wack up pitch friction and ball friction to around 70 and 50…

@Rumple43

Finally the improvements to the fielding make such a bloody difference!
What about the AI Judgement mate, while reskilling. How much is that on?
Also everything else is at default?
Plus reducing edges as in the ones that fly off for 4 or generally all edges?

This is beautiful mate. Almost as good as the real thing.
I have a question, are spinners still OP and take most of the wickets?
Also can you please guide me about reskilling. Previously I had reskilled by reducing Judgement and power to 4 I guess. And rest of skills were lowered by 2 or 3 points.
Also in V3 sliders we just need to change the run rate to 45. The wicket chance, striker timing, and the physic remain the same right?
Spinners are still fairly OP in my experience, so just be aware of it.

I'd avoid reskilling for now and give default players a go, see how you get on. If they play fine they'll save you time in the long run, but if you find the gameplay isn't quite right let me know and we can chat it through.

And yes, I'd keep all the v3 numbers apart from AI RR, which wants to be on or around the 50 mark. Physics, AI striker timing, AI wicket chance etc can all stay the same as in v3.

I'd avoid reskilling for now and give default players a go, see how you get on. If they play fine they'll save you time in the long run, but if you find the gameplay isn't quite right let me know and we can chat it through.

And yes, I'd keep all the v3 numbers apart from AI RR, which wants to be on or around the 50 mark. Physics, AI striker timing, AI wicket chance etc can all stay the same as in v3.
Sure bro. Got it!
So I'll re-download the teams I think. To make them go back to default.
But I do agree with you. Judgement should be lowered a bit and power as well. Rest can remain the same.
I think maybe 7 for power and 8 for Judgement. What do you think?

Also mate is there anyway to reduce the power of spinners. Like their OPness lol.

Currently playing what is effectively a T10 European Championship. Liam Dawson just claimed figures of 5-2 against Denmark!

What really impressed me in my last game was some run outs affected by really swift wicket keeping. One happened in an instant but I don’t mean he teleported or anything. The animation was fine but it just happened really quickly and was done well. A big improvement on what’s been before.

There's this value under Batting sliders called 'Miss - Input' and it works rather peculiarly..

I usually have it around 30, but thought of changing it up & reduced to the default hardest value of 20 & suddenly even Ideal everything shots are going to fielders and runs are so hard to come by, so I thought despite its description of 'increasing this slider will increase the required quality of shot to hit the ball' it seems to work in the Inverse way , i.e. I thought lower values meant harder, so I tuned it down even more, all down to 5 and then it reverted to the 'free flowing' batting where all shots hit and you're able to find gaps easily.

I did try going all the way up to 90 and the rock bottom at 5, they both kinda feel the same but I feel like the closer your values are around the 'default hardest' value of 20, the harder it seems to be. I personally didn't like the 20 value as it introduced the rare issue of sliding when playing certain shots so I have settled at 25 for now.

Do try it out yourself and let's unravel this mystery slider value :yes

My bowling camera is broadcast 2.
Currently playing what is effectively a T10 European Championship. Liam Dawson just claimed figures of 5-2 against Denmark!

What really impressed me in my last game was some run outs affected by really swift wicket keeping. One happened in an instant but I don’t mean he teleported or anything. The animation was fine but it just happened really quickly and was done well. A big improvement on what’s been before.
Yes it annoyed me so much but now the WK are pretty perfect I had one earlier smash the wickets with one hand on a run out looked so smooth and realistic

Things are definitely looking a whole lot better at long last, no doubt & well done :). (I absolutely loved C19 & I have no idea at all of the hours spent on it. The previous couple of C22 patches have almost done more to ease certain frustrations than almost all that came before them, but this last patch has quite literally been the game changer & we're getting close to the C19 baseline with some things now becoming even better too :). (I finally feel like I'm experiencing a cricket match again rather than a misplaced baseball match that had been magically dropped onto a wicket in front of a set of stumps!!))

This is undoubtedly what we really should have been presented with on day one. (Yes, there may still be some polish required, & work left to do, but it's looking much better !! :) Reactions would have been so very different & I'd wager that the vast majority would have been extremely impressed with C22 had what we're now seeing been what we experienced at release, (myself certainly included)!!

My AI is set to the legendary preset but with all sliders otherwise remaining at their defaults. Wow, it's now the game it really should be out of the box without the need to actively use the sliders to correct a bad experience. (Now the sliders can be used as intended by each subjective end user to customise their individual experience as required, if it's now even required.)

Hope the career mode can get the attention that sorely deserves too to make that more immersive with aspects that have remained absent throughout, (such as player injuries/recovery, doctors, perk system fully functioning, etc.) Get that all up to speed too :).

Happy to say that the lefty batters being over powered has been somewhat improved. And I think the issue has to do with the AI setting their most aggressive field.

In the opening 15 overs and against the bowlers you can still milk leg side runs but once the AI adopts a less aggressive strategy they set a better field and bowl straighter/off. The result is that most of my innings start and end well but the middle game is tense....which tbh is a pretty fun pacing. Hopefully improvements can continue to be made to the AI field setting but test matches are back to being very fun.

Users who are viewing this thread