Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

This may be a random and pointless observation but various people seem to get off on various aspects of the game so…

I played a custom 6-team T10 league with final. I played all my teams games and generally took 5/6 wickets per innings. I simulated all the other games (I mean I pressed a button, I didn’t watch them). Out of those ten matches, I’m not sure if any team ever lost more than two wickets in an innings. There were a lot of 9/10 wicket wins chasing totals (Usually 100-120) where only one wicket had been lost.

And honestly, I love Tests but I do enjoy a bit of T10. It’s the only way Benny Howell and a few of my other selections (Laurie Evans/James Fuller etc) will wear an England shirt, a snazzy custom made England shirt!

Playing with the latest patch and noticed these two fielding instances that looked lovely. 2nd one may have been there in previous patches though.

Diving has seriously transformed the game, looks so much more natural.

This may be a random and pointless observation but various people seem to get off on various aspects of the game so…

I played a custom 6-team T10 league with final. I played all my teams games and generally took 5/6 wickets per innings. I simulated all the other games (I mean I pressed a button, I didn’t watch them). Out of those ten matches, I’m not sure if any team ever lost more than two wickets in an innings. There were a lot of 9/10 wicket wins chasing totals (Usually 100-120) where only one wicket had been lost.

And honestly, I love Tests but I do enjoy a bit of T10. It’s the only way Benny Howell and a few of my other selections (Laurie Evans/James Fuller etc) will wear an England shirt, a snazzy custom made England shirt!
Totally agree! I play 15 over games in custom competitions with 3 friends and the games we aren't involved in invariably result in both sides losing 1-2 wickets only. It's been doing that since DBC14.

Also this ends up meaning that by competition's end many of the CPU team's openers are leading the run scoring tables which kind of ruins that aspect of the stats.

I'm having a thoroughly enjoyable time with the new patch playing on an absolute bunsen in Sri Lanka but behind the wicket catching to spinners seriously needs a bit of love. So far I've had the following in 3 innings of a test match

My keeper dropping a catch without timing window coming up - 5
My keeper taking a catch without timing window coming up - 4
My slip dropping a catch without timing window coming up - 1
Edge off my bowling to keeper with too small a timing window to take catch - 2
Edge of my bowling to slip with too small a timing window to take catch - 1
AI keeper dropping a catch off my batting - 5

I have no qualms with catches being dropped but 18 times in 3 innings is somewhat excessive. Otherwise (occasional random lofted smash aside) this patch is the one that takes the game well beyond C19.

I'm having a thoroughly enjoyable time with the new patch playing on an absolute bunsen in Sri Lanka but behind the wicket catching to spinners seriously needs a bit of love. So far I've had the following in 3 innings of a test match

I have no qualms with catches being dropped but 18 times in 3 innings is somewhat excessive. Otherwise (occasional random lofted smash aside) this patch is the one that takes the game well beyond C19.
Sometimes I get this too, but most times I flick the Right analog stick like we used to do in Cricket 19 for those 'reflex' catches. So my muscle memory is always flick the right stick first, if a catching window does appear then I move the left stick mini game otherwise its this flick the Right Stick thingie for me.

Hope this helps few who are going through these kinda miscatches..

Why are keepers still so stupid on this game, It was the same for the past 2 games. Bowl a bouncer, always goes for byes.

I'm currently on fully automatic fielding and the issues listed above haven't been anywhere near as prevalent.

I'd prefer not to be, I like the mini game and throwing of semi assisted, but just gotta pick your poison.

Thanks for that. Is that the same for tests and ODIs? Does the game self-adjust depending on the form? Appreciate your help.
I would recommend a lower set of of sliders but start from the default settings, sorry I can't be anymore help in the longer formats as I just don't play anything other than T20 due to time constraints with work.
Post automatically merged:

I'm currently on fully automatic fielding and the issues listed above haven't been anywhere near as prevalent.

I'd prefer not to be, I like the mini game and throwing of semi assisted, but just gotta pick your poison.
I only use fully auto fielding.

Playing with the latest patch and noticed these two fielding instances that looked lovely. 2nd one may have been there in previous patches though.

I like these saving dives but also the miss fielding dives too.

3cd17afa39307cd6089385d3c48d4b23.gif

Users who are viewing this thread