Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Not sure if I should put this as a bug but certain times the catching mechanism doesn't get triggered. Here is a video of two catches (one dropped and one taken). Neither triggered the catching mini game (I am in semi auto fielding and latest ps5 patch). I don't mind the second instance as I have always wanted wicket keeper to do fine edges automatically rather than a minigame as that takes out the guessing of whether the batsman nicked it or not. But the first instance seems like a bug unless it was never meant to be caught anyway (too hard). But I would still like the opportunity to try to catch it.

On another note, obvious nicks to the wicket keeper (specially after the catching mechanism triggers) still needs to be appealed or else the batsman won't be out. I almost forgot to appeal and was sitting there wondering why they r not celebrating when I clearly caught it. I think this needs to be looked at.

need some help with pro control after touch.
as a right handed bowler bowling to a left handed batsman an in swing delivery always pitches on batsmn's leg and moves further down the leg. no matter how much i try to change the seam and after touch.

need some help with pro control after touch.
as a right handed bowler bowling to a left handed batsman an in swing delivery always pitches on batsmn's leg and moves further down the leg. no matter how much i try to change the seam and after touch.

Sounds like you're bowling the wrong line. Need to aim further outside off

Sounds like you're bowling the wrong line. Need to aim further outside off
That’s obvious that I have to aim further wide. I wouldn’t have posted it here without trying it and not working. No matter what i try every single delivery has the same line irrespective of the seam and the after touch. Are you also using Pro Control?

That’s obvious that I have to aim further wide. I wouldn’t have posted it here without trying it and not working. No matter what i try every single delivery has the same line irrespective of the seam and the after touch. Are you also using Pro Control?
Personally, I feel after touch on pro controls does the square root of jack s***. Hence, I just don't bother with it.

Personally, I feel after touch on pro controls does the square root of jack s***. Hence, I just don't bother with it.
Are you sticking with standard control?

Are you sticking with standard control?
Sorry I misread your post, I've always played on classic controls, despite the aftertouch doing nothing, I have more fun playing with classic controls. Why they called arcade controls "pro controls" is a weird one.

Why they called arcade controls "pro controls" is a weird one.
Pro controls are the 'Classic' controls. Standard batting became 'Arcade' batting, while arcade bowling is new.

It was just trying to clear things up, we had "standard" controls that were no longer the standard ones for bowling, and don't want to make people think 'Classic' means the Pro controls are 'old'.

---

Aftertouch for pro bowling is just length longer and shorter - you can press the old R1/L1 instead if you prefer, they do the same thing as pushing the left stick up or down. It is no more complex than that.

Pro controls are the 'Classic' controls. Standard batting became 'Arcade' batting, while arcade bowling is new.

It was just trying to clear things up, we had "standard" controls that were no longer the standard ones for bowling, and don't want to make people think 'Classic' means the Pro controls are 'old'.

---

Aftertouch for pro bowling is just length longer and shorter - you can press the old R1/L1 instead if you prefer, they do the same thing as pushing the left stick up or down. It is no more complex than that.
Ahh k, thanks Matt. So if I have aftertouch at a 9 o'clock position would that be shorter. I've been assuming it altered line as well and not just length.

Ahh k, thanks Matt. So if I have aftertouch at a 9 o'clock position would that be shorter. I've been assuming it altered line as well and not just length.
Nope. It's just a controls remap, no change in function. Anything up is the same as hitting the 'longer' length button, anything down is the same as hitting the 'shorter' length button.

For pro, line is 100% controlled by the release point with the right stick push up. Length is multiple factors - you have the face buttons for general length zone, the 'aftertouch' to pick the fuller or shorter end of that zone as your target, then your release timing will 'spray' from where you aim. So perfect release will get your length near enough exactly where you aimed, while slightly earlier or later release will make it fuller or shorter respectively.

Nope. It's just a controls remap, no change in function. Anything up is the same as hitting the 'longer' length button, anything down is the same as hitting the 'shorter' length button.

For pro, line is 100% controlled by the release point with the right stick push up. Length is multiple factors - you have the face buttons for general length zone, the 'aftertouch' to pick the fuller or shorter end of that zone as your target, then your release timing will 'spray' from where you aim. So perfect release will get your length near enough exactly where you aimed, while slightly earlier or later release will make it fuller or shorter respectively.
Thanks for the info Matt.

cross platform great new :D

View attachment 264443
Pause and resume able Matches against AI controlled users teams while the game searches for an online opponent is another good option , The game against AI users teams get paused upon finding an online opponent and after completing that game against live users we should have the ability to resume our game against the AI users teams , Both games registering on the leaderboards (Vs AI and VS live user)

Hey everyone - a quick update has gone live on the Steam version of the game, this should hopefully resolve a number of reported issues with poor frame rates.
Dear @MattW can you please check if team is looking to “xbox1x black boxes on screen issue” during toss/career mode press conf./ pre match starting vdo. Thanks

---

Here I was thinking that putting it to 3/9 o'clock affected the swing lol, whoops

Users who are viewing this thread