Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Aftertouch looks absolutely pointless for anything except multiplayer based on @passwordistaco video.

it’s a feature that you use to put the ball left or right of where the ball marker is.

absolute zero utility for anyone not an online bro.
Aftertouch looks good if you’re bowling on arcade controls. That’s what I’ve noticed

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Aftertouch looks good if you’re bowling on arcade controls. That’s what I’ve noticed
Unless I missed it, it didn’t effect length, just line. And even then didn’t seem an obvious correlation between the input and the amount of difference between marker and landing point.

haven’t played it, this is all just going off the video, so I’m likely missing some nuance. But it looked like a sucker’s gimmick to me. Something to make people go “oooh” but adds zero depth.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Unless I missed it, it didn’t effect length, just line. And even then didn’t seem an obvious correlation between the input and the amount of difference between marker and landing point.

haven’t played it, this is all just going off the video, so I’m likely missing some nuance. But it looked like a sucker’s gimmick to me. Something to make people go “oooh” but adds zero depth.
yeah fair enough, the video I saw he liked it but its probably still be in development. The only time I sort of noticed it was some inswing and yes didn’t effect length. Hopefully they can refine it and make it more useful. If by release it make a difference to in-swing/out-swing etc then could be good. However could be one of those things that Big Ant add to the game but just can’t get the refinement right. Happened a lot with AO tennis specially when they patched and adjusted things like difficulty, player movement and ball speed. Sometimes would go from one extreme to the other and visa versa.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

From what I just sure it purely just adjusts the line. Unless the length was marginally changed on the classic controls they seemed identical to 19. I mean the online crew will be turning in their graves when the ball is meant to be pitching middle and lanes foot outside off! How’s the bros meant to helicopter that!!

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Got a mate who has it digitally on the PS4 store, Im on the PS5 store atm and there is nothing there

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
From what I just sure it purely just adjusts the line. Unless the length was marginally changed on the classic controls they seemed identical to 19. I mean the online crew will be turning in their graves when the ball is meant to be pitching middle and lanes foot outside off! How’s the bros meant to helicopter that!!

yep. I can’t see how it would benefit vs AI in single player or career, so it’s only really gonna be a multiplayer thing and you just know it’s gonna cause absolute scenes online

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
So I've just played it for a couple hours, my initial thoughts.

• Cut shot way better, batter actually moves feet.
  • Advance shot is sensational when timed right, advancing and playing an aggressive ground stroke is awesome, probably my favourite shot
  • Aftertouch doesn't seem to do anything on Pro controls, works best on Arcade. Not sure if I'm missing something when using Pro.
  • Overall, batting seems more fluid, smoother. There is still that uppercut shot off a spinner which I've never seen in real life though

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
So I've just played it for a couple hours, my initial thoughts.

• Cut shot way better, batter actually moves feet.
  • Advance shot is sensational when timed right, advancing and playing an aggressive ground stroke is awesome, probably my favourite shot
  • Aftertouch doesn't seem to do anything on Pro controls, works best on Arcade. Not sure if I'm missing something when using Pro.
  • Overall, batting seems more fluid, smoother. There is still that uppercut shot off a spinner which I've never seen in real life though
What about the unorthodox shots mate?

Users who are viewing this thread