Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Anyone got a quick summary of things still needing work on for the game. Currently have these...

• Not being able to change bats in player appearance
  • Player sponsorships don't seem to be working (haven't made international, but people I know have and haven't had anything to do with them)
  • Attributes/stats don't seem to be add on once activity is done
  • Nets training when in club cricket has you playing against a state player or yourself, should be a member of your current team
  • Academy still crashes on PS5, only when I really narrow down the search can I get a team to download
  • Fielders being really slow going after the ball
Will add more when it comes to me, still too early to be thinking haha

Anyone got a quick summary of things still needing work on for the game. Currently have these...

• Player sponsorships don't seem to be working (haven't made international, but people I know have and haven't had anything to do with them)
  • Nets training when in club cricket has you playing against a state player or yourself, should be a member of your current team
  • Academy still crashes on PS5, only when I really narrow down the search can I get a team to download
Also fatigue Management doesn't show the fatigue status before and after the game or rest day. There is no point in having a fatigue management screen if it doesn't show you the status (level of fatigue) I feel. When to take rest when to opt for additional nets session (for skill boost) ahead of a game should depend on the level of fatigue in a player I feel.

The things you mentioned are quite important in career oriented game, can give a different feel on a career mode of the game. Will you restart your career mode once these features (like sponsors, fatigue, attributes change after activity) are corrected in the game?

The fielders run better after the latest update on steam.

Also fatigue Management doesn't show the fatigue status before and after the game or rest day. There is no point in having a fatigue management screen if it doesn't show you the status (level of fatigue) I feel. When to take rest when to opt for additional nets session (for skill boost) ahead of a game should depend on the level of fatigue in a player I feel.

The things you mentioned are quite important in career oriented game, can give a different feel on a career mode of the game. Will you restart your career mode once these features (like sponsors, fatigue, attributes change after activity) are corrected in the game?
Ah yes, I knew I forgot something. The fatigue part is huge. Hopefully this stuff can impact an already played through career, they've been able to do in the past which is very handy.

I dont have the game (Xbox One S, thank god I have kept C19), but from the videos i watch on here, Mike Atherton’s commentary sounds so scripted and cheesy. Whereas David Gower’s commentary actually sounds quite natural and fluid?

So, after lots of experimenting, I finally played what I consider to be my first proper match (Outside of Career)… a T10 International between my custom made England and visiting Uganda at Headingley. I think that my story is a familiar one for many, a challenging and engrossing encounter tempered by a few frustrating things.

I’m playing on Pro/Medium etc (PS4) and struggled for power/timing against primarily RM/LM bowlers. I have tried to set up the opposition fairly. Phil Salt struck some lovely fours for about 23 off 21 but David Willey laboured to 13 off 20 I think. Liam Livingstone and captain Moeen Ali struck some late blows to get us to about 76 but even Moeen wafted away in the final over. This was harder than the practice games I’ve been playing with/against Big Ant Black/Red.

Liam Dawson struck in the first over of the chase and we’d go onto win by 5 runs but… there were two overthrow boundaries (So 5s). Can happen of course but annoying. I also had the plumbest LBW in history not given having already wasted my review. Fortunately, Benny Howell had already claimed his first wicket soon after being an overthrow victim on his first delivery. Again though, the shocking LBW can happen. I missed/dropped two catches. One I don’t really know why I didn’t catch it. I seemed to do everything right. The other was almost identical, in the air heading to the boundary for a long time, but even though it was the same fielder, the catching circle didn’t come up till really late and had a much smaller line to circle. The first one I think actually went past me for four but the second one I dropped.

My batting was sluggish, bowling enjoyable… a clean bowled full inswinger from David Willey was beautiful but fielding frustrating and a mixed bag of good catches, far too casual looking catches, overthrows and game not responding to input.

Oh and Salt and Willey walked to the wicket after getting out! Only happened once in about a dozen Five5s, never in Career but twice here.

Prefer longer format so am playing Uganda, one match in each format working my way upto Tests. Will see how goes.

Again, really enjoyable. Love the clear score HUD, the kits I’ve designed, many of the animations, replays, the look of players has grown on me, think games will be good balance between enjoyable/challenge but tempered slightly by overthrows/dropped catches that I don’t think were my fault and nearly cost me! Will continue to raise tickets for genuine bugs/reasonable suggestions that I see/experience.

Last edited:
I dont have the game (Xbox One S, thank god I have kept C19), but from the videos i watch on here, Mike Atherton’s commentary sounds so scripted and cheesy. Whereas David Gower’s commentary actually sounds quite natural and fluid?
That's pretty much how it is. Alison Mitchell is probably the best but she's used sparingly. I think they should really stick with the commentators for the next iteration rather than starting for scratch. That's how they'll make it less repetitive and more natural as they'll have a much wider range of lines to use in different situations.

Had another enjoyable Career Mode first class match against Northamptonshire. Whereas yesterday I was disappointed to see that Durham's Riverside ground was surrounded by mountains...I was more disappointed to find out that Northamptonshire's home ground was Eden Gardens...how did that happen? The details in Career Mode have not really been implemented well...even though I still like the mode. I got a great wicket off a top edge on a sweep that popped up to Leg Slip...which look pretty authentic...and a catch at long on...which I hadn't seen before. Fielding, even with Steam's latest patch, remains poor generally with no fix to the sluggishness. I have invented a new mini-game where I try to field the ball before the fielders get to it. Given that my bowler is paralysed for three seconds after bowling, I still managed to race the outfielders to get to the ball at long off and third man in a game at Lord's...though strangely I couldn't throw it back to the keeper until I'd run the ball back in some distance...so the batters ran 5 and 6 runs respectively.

100% mate.

Same running in treacle animations all over the field that allows singles to be twos, twos to be threes etc, easy singles of a defensive to bowler on the square etc.

I genuinely see not one difference.
Looking forward to the PS4 patch becoming available so I can check this out too.

I'm currently playing a Big Bash, was in my third game last night on Med/Pro and the fielding did have some more of those incredibly ridiculous slowing to a very slow jog moments.

It didn't appear to happen all of the time.
If a fielder was coming into a ball they seemed to move at an acceptable speed (not ideal, but acceptable).
If a fielder in the close areas had to dive for the ball left or right, they were sharp.
If a fielder had to chase from the inner ring to the outer, that's where things were often at their worst! Chasing down the ball, they seem to slow as they get closer to the ball, to the point they're very obviously not running, but jogging.

The last one is what I'll be looking out for in the next patch (hopefully soon today).

Also, one other thing I've noticed. Is anyone else having an issue when powering up their throw to an end, where you might select L1 and circle to throw to the keepers end stumps and then it sort've stalls, so I push it again, it stalls again, and I have to release for maybe a couple of seconds and then try again which seems to allow it to work. Happens maybe 2-3 times a game in a 20 over.

Last edited:
Fielding is better but not perfect by any means had the wicketkeeper day dream rather than run the batter out.One thing that is beginning to irritate me is when the commentators say there was a second run there when actually clearly there isn't.

It didn't appear to happen all of the time.
If a fielder was coming into a ball they seemed to move at an acceptable speed (not ideal, but acceptable).
If a fielder in the close areas had to dive for the ball left or right, they were sharp.
If a fielder had to chase from the inner ring to the outer, that's where things were often at their worst! Chasing down the ball, they seem to slow as they get closer to the ball, to the point they're very obviously not running, but jogging.
One more point to add, fielders are not collecting the overthrow ball... If it miss the keeper or bowler, ball goes straight to the boundaries, other fielders just stand there...

Severe frame rate drop in PS5. This game is a goner for me.
I have not experienced any FPS drop on PS5 in any of the builds (both day and night matches). I’m surprised if game performance differs to machine to machine. In fact I haven’t faced any crashing issues at least for 2 hours continuous gaming, unless I’m accessing search community.

Fielding:
  1. Broken run outs - players prefer standing outside the crease mostly and gets out
  2. Outfield ball chase - fielders giving up on chasing the ball
  3. Fielders not throwing the ball from the outfield and holding onto it forever

Gameplay:
  1. Leg side bowling by AI with no leg side protection- leaking runs and spoiling the immersion
  2. Batsman playing late cut to spinners and always getting caught by super human keepers
  3. No straight drives (barring through mid one and offs)
  4. Spinners bowling round the wicket outside the legs and conceding endless wides and runs

Others:
  1. Broken frame rates on ps5 during dusk/night
  2. Weird crowd sound
  3. Audio missing in the stadium and from the players after hitting the stumps or taking wickets, audio missing at the start of the game
  4. Sliders setting back to defaults
  5. Missing cut scenes - DRS turning down, rain delays etc etc
  6. Tour mode missing, competition designer missing
  7. Academy crashes
  8. Can’t play Any completion as a team
  9. Hotspot missing from in game reviews

Users who are viewing this thread