Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haven't had time to play after latest patch. Hopefully they fixed the batters walking out of their crease after ball were thrown to keeper or bowler. Also the teleporting fielders on the rope that were introduced on launch day and still there. Fielders sliding over the rope when the ball can easily be tapped back. Guess it is too much scripting work at the moment but I know it were never fixed in Ashes cricket 2017

Lassana_Dias

School Cricketer
Did anyone notice the filders disappearing in to thin air after pulling the ball from rolling on to the boundary. Is this a sports game or horror

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The Match Difficulty pre match just reverts to Custom whatever I select and the Difficulty in game changes Physics to Medium regardless. This is on PS4. I’m not really sure what that means regarding Match Difficulty because my Custom Difficulties aren’t the Match Difficulty are they? And I’ve got different ones anyway.

Batsman are keen to get back in their crease but certainly isn’t the end of the world. In fact, they don’t jump back if they’re already stood quite deep but I would normally be stood further forward. Non-striker is setting off much quicker… thank the lord (Or Big Ant!).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I certainly appreciate people's frustrations on something like that batting glitch occurring in the patch - I believe there will be an update to resolve that before what would have been planned as next week's update, but I don't know timing yet.

My understanding is simply that very late in the day, we'd received and resolved an issue that was sent through on a support task which had been preventing someone proceeding in their career, a decision was made to try and get this into this week's update, so new builds were made, which unintentionally included some items that were being worked on for next week that didn't receive the level of testing they needed, and caused this problem.

Obviously the other choice would have been to push it back to ensure that it did receive that full pass - but it's a no win situation - the pages immediately before the pages of posts about how this batting thing is glitched, are all about 'where is the patch'.

Honestly, it annoys me just as much as it annoys others when stuff like this happens - because I'm of the view there's a lot of good improvements that were in this update, but that all gets overshadowed by something like this. This patch included or at least tried to make progress on a bunch of things I know have been mentioned on here, that tickets via support, and feedback posted here are being read and worked on.

----

For 'missing eyebrows' that means the playface texture wasn't downloaded or is no longer on your console (the console can refresh/reset the storage area where those faces are kept). If you are still missing them, it is going to need to be re-downloaded, the point was supposed to be that people who had faces before the patch where they were all missing from all players, didn't need to redownload those ones to get it to work again - because that specific issue was that they were there, but not being correctly rendered.

For the Bats situation, my understanding was that for a while 'get best' wasn't including bats. If you're still having problems there, would need more info on what you're downloading - as in if you're getting a specific team or player directly from a search, or doing get best on a particular team, etc.

The Match Difficulty pre match just reverts to Custom whatever I select and the Difficulty in game changes Physics to Medium regardless. This is on PS4. I’m not really sure what that means regarding Match Difficulty because my Custom Difficulties aren’t the Match Difficulty are they? And I’ve got different ones anyway.
Will try and find out why Physics is doing that - the intention is just that if you have your difficulty on a mixture of settings - rather than all of them being from the same custom difficulty, it would say "custom" pre match. So if you use the batting difficulty from one slider set, and the bowling from another, pre-match it will say Custom. But if you just select a specific custom difficulty pre match, then it should update and use that for each of the elements of difficulty, so setting batting/bowling/fielding/etc to the slider or on disk difficulty all at once.

I agree totally.They bring the West Indies in as a licensed team and can't get their uniforms correct after how many patches.
If you're referring to white hats, I'm certain that has been resolved and has been for a long while. I get the correct maroon ones in game, and I recall a number of posts at the time of others having it work.

The only suggestion I have is to go to the Academy, highlight the West Indies team and press the Triangle/Y button and see if you have an option to delete it - if you do then it means you've managed to get it in a customised state, which means it can't reset the uniforms to the ones currently on disk. Delete it if you do have the option and that will restore to the correct.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Playing on steam the game has become a crash fest.First at the end of the 3 day career game it shows the chq presentation then the scorecard then it crashes and i can't get past it.It also crashed on the ashes test match that I just continued.
Secondly it seems now that it is impossible to bowl a no ball.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Playing on steam the game has become a crash fest.First at the end of the 3 day career game it shows the chq presentation then the scorecard then it crashes and i can't get past it.It also crashed on the ashes test match that I just continued.
Can you send me through your save folder? It's located at - %userprofile%\Saved Games\Cricket 22 - just add it all to a zip file and send me a PM with it attached.

wav

School Cricketer
Can you send me through your save folder? It's located at - %userprofile%\Saved Games\Cricket 22 - just add it all to a zip file and send me a PM with it attached.
Just fold the game and tap out already. It's so broken it's not even funny. A broken, scripted mess.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I certainly appreciate people's frustrations on something like that batting glitch occurring in the patch - I believe there will be an update to resolve that before what would have been planned as next week's update, but I don't know timing yet.

My understanding is simply that very late in the day, we'd received and resolved an issue that was sent through on a support task which had been preventing someone proceeding in their career, a decision was made to try and get this into this week's update, so new builds were made, which unintentionally included some items that were being worked on for next week that didn't receive the level of testing they needed, and caused this problem.

Obviously the other choice would have been to push it back to ensure that it did receive that full pass - but it's a no win situation - the pages immediately before the pages of posts about how this batting thing is glitched, are all about 'where is the patch'.

Honestly, it annoys me just as much as it annoys others when stuff like this happens - because I'm of the view there's a lot of good improvements that were in this update, but that all gets overshadowed by something like this. This patch included or at least tried to make progress on a bunch of things I know have been mentioned on here, that tickets via support, and feedback posted here are being read and worked on.

----

For 'missing eyebrows' that means the playface texture wasn't downloaded or is no longer on your console (the console can refresh/reset the storage area where those faces are kept). If you are still missing them, it is going to need to be re-downloaded, the point was supposed to be that people who had faces before the patch where they were all missing from all players, didn't need to redownload those ones to get it to work again - because that specific issue was that they were there, but not being correctly rendered.

For the Bats situation, my understanding was that for a while 'get best' wasn't including bats. If you're still having problems there, would need more info on what you're downloading - as in if you're getting a specific team or player directly from a search, or doing get best on a particular team, etc.

Will try and find out why Physics is doing that - the intention is just that if you have your difficulty on a mixture of settings - rather than all of them being from the same custom difficulty, it would say "custom" pre match. So if you use the batting difficulty from one slider set, and the bowling from another, pre-match it will say Custom. But if you just select a specific custom difficulty pre match, then it should update and use that for each of the elements of difficulty, so setting batting/bowling/fielding/etc to the slider or on disk difficulty all at once.

If you're referring to white hats, I'm certain that has been resolved and has been for a long while. I get the correct maroon ones in game, and I recall a number of posts at the time of others having it work.

The only suggestion I have is to go to the Academy, highlight the West Indies team and press the Triangle/Y button and see if you have an option to delete it - if you do then it means you've managed to get it in a customised state, which means it can't reset the uniforms to the ones currently on disk. Delete it if you do have the option and that will restore to the correct.
Appreciate the post Matt, thanks.

Last edited:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

----

Appreciate the post mate, transparency like this helps out atleast a few of us.

Users who are viewing this thread