Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
More context please here - is this career or something?

Assuming that, the only case I'm aware of where getting the 'same player' in career is caused when you in the academy have players that are not linked that share names with players who are linked. They could be on one of the teams, or in some cases the game will use unlinked players (based on their nationality) before using 'generated' players, basically - if there's two players in the database that are separate, then they are separate players who can be picked.

As some players in the real world share a name - like there's two Hannah Jones who play in The Hundred - so we can't just prevent all players with the same name.

Indeed, sorry, my bad!!

Yes, this instance of the dual players was in the career mode, Matt.

The first time I experienced a C22 dual player issue it was on release day, with a 100% default/fresh install, & with nothing changed or altered whatsoever. (I had a dual instance of Ben Stokes bowling to me while simultaneously fielding off my shots as well.) There's some instances of this bug occuring you possibly may not be aware of. (It'd be a sod to find now but I did actually post about this instance on release day either in this thread or over in the bug report thread. I'll see if I can track back & find it for you ;).)

At this time,,.....I'm using a fresh install of C22 after the recent wipe back to factory defaults. As such, it's a new career (just 6 matches in) with BA's default club players only & it was a dual instance of one of these club players.

I have no created players that could cause the previously known issues when not linked etc.

The only extras I've downloaded to the academy since wiping C22 are Waste's international, English domestic, & IPL teams which don't affect club players. (I have a feeling it might actually be a play face of a BA employee as I seem to recall seeing the same character in C19 as well (possibly in the Big Ant scenario matches) & I've definitely seen it in multiple different careers of C22 before, including a 100% unaltered academy on release day. It's not one of typical generic club faces either, it's definitely a play face/created club player that's in the game by default. Chances are I'll have another match with the same team soon, so I'll post a screenshot of said face as soon as I see it & maybe you can identify it :).)

cricboi

Club Captain
@MattW Has there been any progress on making batting with left handers more challenging? It's fine for T20 but in ODIs and especially tests it remains far too easy to milk 1s and 2s with left handers. I've increased the bowl quality to 90+, made the batting quite hard, and yet the AI remains to bowl down the leg side with 7-2 offside fields. My current solution is to just not put lefties in the lineup but it would be great to know if the team is working towards a solution?

E: and thank you again for taking the time to answer here. I know some people are not the most pleasant but I'm still enjoying the game and appreciate having someone who empathizes with us and continually passes on information.

Last edited:

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@MattW
Hi I know you said last week that a patch would be out soon concentrating on career mode but I was wondering if any of the below are going to be part of this, these are a list from this community.

• The ability to see the final standings/results/players stats after a competition finishes. Currently once you play last game it just disappears and only shows standings for the next comp you are in.
• Bring back the selection chances screen from C19. The ability to see your country's and other competitors future fixtures and your individual chance of selection for each. Plus you can see where your country will be touring and when stuff like Ashes is due. Currently there is only box which tells you your chance for all formats, surely our chance is different for each? This is a regression not an improvement on C19.
• A players CV screen which shows what you have won both as a team and individual. Currently no way to see apart from having a good memory.
•Players finances- a total pot which shows how much money you have made from MOMs and maybe even draft money from franchise cricket. Would be great addition to compare with friends.
•The ability to see the calender and potential clashes of completions when you are offered the chance to play somewhere, then to prioritise a certain comp so you don't miss a final cause you have to travel back to England to play in the County championship for example.
•In C19 your gold perk tab would allow you to prioritise which format you wanted a greater chance of selection in. Why not there in C22.
•ICC Team and player rankings screen
•World view screen showing all future fixtures, current fixtures etc
•In C19 we would get a mail saying that we had made the lineup and it would show the lineup, in C22 you don't get to see the lineup until you are in game and it only shows for 10 secs before disappearing. Now if your are bowling first you might not know your lineup until the 2nd day!
•Some players have reported having to travel back and forth from different country's during tournaments. In C19 you were just stationed in one comp and that super seeded other comps.

Other gameplay issuies
•Can we have it that the umpire signals out before you get the visual text at the bottom and also on run outs the players celebrate before the OUT sign is shown.
•Different coaches for different teams
•meeting new team mates in one of your other teams kits
•If you appeal in game you can't continue to get to the ball and the batters will always take a cheeky run as your squad is frozen for a few secs.
• The ability to change batting/bowling styles throughout career

Other questions-

- How do perks work?
- Why do they not change?
- How does training effect stats?
- Why does there seem to be 2 sets of stats relating the players abilities?
- Why are both the quick and normal sessions exactly the same and seem to have no time limit?
- How are stats accumulated?
- Why is it no matter what you do stats for spinners such as bounce, turn and flight don't seem to increase?
- We were promised a guide to career mode is it coming

I know that is a lot but I really believe that the immersion element is not there in C22 where C19 had much better tabs and details/stats etc. Appreciate your time to read and understand ypu wont be able to answer all but if you could give an indication if these are the things your collegues are looking into that would be great. Fingers crossed all if not some are added in the future. Go well.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW
Hi I know you said last week that a patch would be out soon concentrating on career mode but I was wondering if any of the below are going to be part of this, these are a list from this community.

• The ability to see the final standings/results/players stats after a competition finishes. Currently once you play last game it just disappears and only shows standings for the next comp you are in.
• Bring back the selection chances screen from C19. The ability to see your country's and other competitors future fixtures and your individual chance of selection for each. Plus you can see where your country will be touring and when stuff like Ashes is due. Currently there is only box which tells you your chance for all formats, surely our chance is different for each? This is a regression not an improvement on C19.
• A players CV screen which shows what you have won both as a team and individual. Currently no way to see apart from having a good memory.
•Players finances- a total pot which shows how much money you have made from MOMs and maybe even draft money from franchise cricket. Would be great addition to compare with friends.
•The ability to see the calender and potential clashes of completions when you are offered the chance to play somewhere, then to prioritise a certain comp so you don't miss a final cause you have to travel back to England to play in the County championship for example.
•In C19 your gold perk tab would allow you to prioritise which format you wanted a greater chance of selection in. Why not there in C22.
•In C19 we would get a mail saying that we had made the lineup and it would show the lineup, in C22 you don't get to see the lineup until you are in game and it only shows for 10 secs before disappearing. Now if your are bowling first you might not know your lineup until the 2nd day!
•Some players have reported having to travel back and forth from different country's during tournaments. In C19 you were just stationed in one comp and that super seeded other comps.

Other gameplay issuies
•Can we have it that the umpire signals out before you get the visual text at the bottom and also on run outs the players celebrate before the OUT sign is shown.
•If you appeal in game you can't continue to get to the ball and the batters will always take a cheeky run as your squad is frozen for a few secs.

Other questions-

- How do perks work?
- Why are both the quick and normal sessions exactly the same and seem to have no time limit?
- Why is it no matter what you do stats for spinners such as bounce, turn and flight don't seem to increase?
- We were promised a guide to career mode is it coming

I know that is a lot but I really believe that the immersion element is not there in C22 where C19 had much better tabs and details/stats etc. Appreciate your time to read and understand ypu wont be able to answer all but if you could give an indication if these are the things your collegues are looking into that would be great. Fingers crossed all if not some are added in the future. Go well.
Great post mate. Love the detail, my only chip in advice would be the, •In C19 your gold perk tab would allow you to prioritise which format you wanted a greater chance of selection in. Why not there in C22.

I can answer that, in my personal opinion anyway, as it simply is a design choice and change by the dev. Whether you like it or not is up to the individual. I think what made gold, bronze and regular perks accessible was the colour and as you mention a focus on certain formats. I think the idea for C22 was to be more flexible and have perks tailored to what you wanted to play the most as opposed to constantly changing perks based on what you're playing. That's just my take anyway.

Bloody great post this though :cheers

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
We can't come to conclusion yet because in one patch we get beautiful caught at short cover and next patch will be different. Things have been changing patch after patch.
I see. Thanks for the reply. Will wait for a few more patches then.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The only extras I've downloaded to the academy since wiping C22 are Waste's international, English domestic, & IPL teams which don't affect club players. (I have a feeling it might actually be a play face of a BA employee as I seem to recall seeing the same character in C19 as well (possibly in the Big Ant scenario matches) & I've definitely seen it in multiple different careers of C22 before, including a 100% unaltered academy on release day. It's not one of typical generic club faces either, it's definitely a play face/created club player that's in the game by default. Chances are I'll have another match with the same team soon, so I'll post a screenshot of said face as soon as I see it & maybe you can identify it :).)
Sure - would probably be more helpful to be able to collect a saved game at the time. Give me a shout with your gamertag at the time.

@MattW Has there been any progress on making batting with left handers more challenging? It's fine for T20 but in ODIs and especially tests it remains far too easy to milk 1s and 2s with left handers. I've increased the bowl quality to 90+, made the batting quite hard, and yet the AI remains to bowl down the leg side with 7-2 offside fields. My current solution is to just not put lefties in the lineup but it would be great to know if the team is working towards a solution?
There's a bit that should help with this in this week's patch in tightening up AI bowling approach - so I'd be interested in what you think afterwards.

The $1000 on the POTM cheque is just art put that on there when making the oversized cheque prop - it's not an indicator of broader money system. Basically there was no obvious use case for money in Cricket, while down the track it might be a nice leaderboard or something, nothing planned for this game.

Fully managing clashes is something that would be ideal, but isn't going to happen in this edition - but it should correctly prioritise finals and the like. If you have cases like that we'd likely need to look into your save file to see what went wrong - so that's an area to contact support for the specific case.

I've re-upped the task on this one to see the status - it is certainly how it should have happened.

Will find out if there's options here to display this differently. I know we've had discussions around finding a way to give some more detailed info as to just how close you are - as a lot of times we get a support task from someone playing for a long time thinking they are making no progress is a few matches away from an offer.

The text status shows your highest chance status out of all the formats.

These all would be good, can't make promises at this stage.

I'll have to find out if there's something else we can do here.

In 22 Perks were adjusted to remove secondary effects - as those couldn't be substantiated as to their effect on your overall ranking - which is part of the key to how the Online League systems work as well as online balancing in general - for example some of the perks would have random boosts - which could substantially advantage one player, but if they never activated, it would be a wasted slot and a disadvantage.

I believe most of the cases of the latter should be resolved, but I'd have to check. I don't know the answer about the coach thing, it certainly was the intention that they'd be different.

Will have to make a note of these and find out. Top one I think should be improved in this week's patch.

There's an ongoing task right now reviewing through all these aspects, correcting some errors with how those things were supposed to work and how their effects were intended. Nothing in this week's patch I believe, but there are absolutely known issues that training/gym stuff is not as intended.

Not sure what you mean about 2 sets of stats - I know there's some spots with inconsistent numbers, which should already have been partially resolved so far, but would need more info there.

In general terms the system is that in game your actions boost your skills by levelling up the skills by earning skill AP - and skills of the same general category as the specific skill are boosted slightly. The nets are the same, you play, the things you do give you AP, which in turn helps you level up - but without the match situation needing to suit.

The issues right now are a mixture of things not working correctly in the first place, needing better UI to explain what's happening, and areas where effects need to be stronger.

- How do perks work?
Similarly for perks, known issue. The idea is as you bat/bowl/field more your relevant perks should level up, which will increase the amount of skill boosts they apply. This needs some UI improvements in addition to make this generally clearer. Hope to have more progress in this area soon.

Will need to look into this one. Are you sure you're bowling deliveries using those modifiers for bounce/flight?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
@MattW is it possible to activate draft system to full competition? Like controlling all team's draft pick one by one, before compatition starts?
And also, is it possible to include draft mode to other leagues, like Indian T20, Pakistan T20 etc?...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW is it possible to activate draft system to full competition? Like controlling all team's draft pick one by one, before compatition starts?
And also, is it possible to include draft mode to other leagues, like Indian T20, Pakistan T20 etc?.
I can take note of the request - it's probably unlikely - particularly as each different draft has unique rules that'd need to be accounted for.

Can anyone explain this please @MattW
What's the question?

You set up an online team with specific rules as to the make up of players, with players each given a tier, as well as rules around how many of certain types of player.

I'd just advise people once they get it to read through the first time guide as you open it, which will give a more detailed guide.

Users who are viewing this thread