Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Game changer for batting

Definitely , it is a game changer for cricket 22. earlier I used to connect most of the balls in the hard difficulty. Now there are misses if not played in the direction of the balls, that makes the game much more realistic. After changing the slider, the very first bowl I played uprooted the stumps,which earlier never happened.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It really worked and changed the batting experience to the next level. Now I am able to miss the ball... Earlier 99% I can connect the ball... Now I am missing the ball getting LBW and bowled while selecting wrong angle of the shorts.
I'm really digging his camera settings too.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Just tried playing a Big XI game, my team is linked to Sri Lanka for some reason lol. This was after the academy data was corrupt and I just said f*** it and download everything again (and lost my work).

Anyone had that issue before? Can't even select a team now.

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
@MattW
There are stutters/frame drops when a spinner (AI) bowls during the powerplay. (In both created and licensed stadiums)
This happened after the latest hotfix.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Soon after the game released, I created my own England team. I created all the (Real) players and kits. After playing around 100 matches across formats, I decided to start afresh with a completely made up England team (But using the team/kits from before, so the same Team… if you know what I mean!). I added 11 players but it wouldn’t let me add anymore. The game then crashed and my custom team has gone! I’ve never even been near The Academy.

I usually create made up Associates or such like but now can’t even risk creating a new team to add players too. I had at least only edited their names when adding them.

I know I was effectively starting again but after all that and all the issues with this game (But I can enjoy playing it), my custom team just deleted!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone else noticed that bowling from one end of a stadium will pretty much always make the ball seam right to left, and bowling from the opposite end will make it go left to right? Like the slope at Lord's irl, but more widespread.

This is always more noticeable once the pitch starts to wear and "cracks" develop.

I tend to see it most with one over containing lots of balls being turned to leg as they move into the batter off the pitch, then the following over everything moves the other way and is left alone.

This movement is off standard deliveries with the pacers, and I've seen it across multiple stadiums in different countries.

I want to also say I saw this as far back as Ashes 17, though old timers can prolly confirm or deny that better than me.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Has anyone else noticed that bowling from one end of a stadium will pretty much always make the ball seam right to left, and bowling from the opposite end will make it go left to right? Like the slope at Lord's irl, but more widespread.

This is always more noticeable once the pitch starts to wear and "cracks" develop.

I tend to see it most with one over containing lots of balls being turned to leg as they move into the batter off the pitch, then the following over everything moves the other way and is left alone.

This movement is off standard deliveries with the pacers, and I've seen it across multiple stadiums in different countries.

I want to also say I saw this as far back as Ashes 17, though old timers can prolly confirm or deny that better than me.
Yeah, that's been a thing since at least Ashes, if not DBC17

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, that's been a thing since at least Ashes, if not DBC17
I find it happens so often I literally end up setting fields to it, knowing one end is always going to duck into a right hander, and the other end is going to send it away.

With the ball that comes in, bowling from wide of the crease, plus an inswinger, plus that movement off the pitch can make a ball go a long way, start to finish. Also, swinging the ball the opposite way to the way you know it'll seam is also fairly satisfying.

Shame the AI can just know to leave it as soon as the ball leaves my bowler's hand :just sad:

bumba

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Big Ant need to work on crowd noise and ambience on the next patch. It's very very low even when the slider is full and we can't hear any crowd noise.

Users who are viewing this thread