Cricket 24 - General Discussion

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
On a serious note, I was thinking about what you guys said about the injury/fatigue system. I hope this gets some attention because I would like to actually be in a position where we do need to make use of the fatigue management system that was introduced in C22. If you really want to step it up you can even add an age aspect to it where your career player in his 20s recovers a lot quicker from fatigue/injuries and training has a bigger impact on his development. Let's say in his 30s fatigue starts to set in a little faster and the player becomes more prone to injuries and has to do a little more planning to manage his injuries and fatigue levels.

On the actual instant your player gets struck on the body/head I agree, it needs to have an impact on his confidence/stamina level. And your player might not be able to run as fast between the wickets. Doesn't make sense for a guy to get knocked on the head 3 times and still plays like a superstar. Maybe they can have a look at something from NBA 2K23 when a player takes a free throw during an away-game. The screen shakes and the controller vibrates so it adds some pressure taking the shot. Maybe something like that could work. Let's say for a few deliveries after you've been struck on the head you have a slight vibration on the controller and you at least some effects from being struck. And after a certain amount of deliveries faced the vibration subsides and your confidence meter can start filling up again.

Another thing I was thinking... currently when you've been selected as captain, you basically take the toss and decide when to rotate bowlers. I would like a little more control as captain. Let's say during a game you can make a tactical decision to either let a team or individual play a little more aggressive cricket. Something like in the Cricket Captain games. You get to adjust the aggression levels, so you can have a team close up shop and bat defensively to try and save a test match or you can set the aggression levels to Baz ball style and go crazy with the bat, but it will obviously be more risky and you might lose more wickets. Same goes for managing your bowlers. You can either adjust it to bowl more aggressively to try and make a breakthrough or bowl more conservatively to try and save some runs. I feel this will give you a little more control as captain.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Another thing I was thinking... currently when you've been selected as captain, you basically take the toss and decide when to rotate bowlers. I would like a little more control as captain. Let's say during a game you can make a tactical decision to either let a team or individual play a little more aggressive cricket. Something like in the Cricket Captain games. You get to adjust the aggression levels, so you can have a team close up shop and bat defensively to try and save a test match or you can set the aggression levels to Baz ball style and go crazy with the bat, but it will obviously be more risky and you might lose more wickets. Same goes for managing your bowlers. You can either adjust it to bowl more aggressively to try and make a breakthrough or bowl more conservatively to try and save some runs. I feel this will give you a little more control as captain.
This is where I think a team ethos would be good, as a captain you can determine how you'd like your team to bat. It could be 'play your natural game', 'play more defensively', 'play more aggressively'.

Of course I would say it should have consequences for players in the team. If you ask a defensive player to fit into an aggressive team it might not work. Asking a traditionally conservative and slow scorer to play aggressively shouldn't turn them into Virender Sehwag.

Moreover, I think captaincy could be something you have as a proficiency pathway with different captaincy styles; inspirational, tactician, leading by example. Or all three if you're Ben Stokes.

Although, the more depth the more complex it becomes.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  • I'm happy to take people's grass shots and send through reference of those to the artists to adjust a bit.

The biggest problem is the vastly different colours you get from regular photos, it's hard to judge what the true colour of grass is, especially when relying on other photos that haven't got the same colour calibration.
    More than the colour saturation that the Devs lower while recreating outfield grass in the subcontinent is that patchy look that real cricket 22 has done perfectly while creating outfield turf of subcontinent...there are different mowing patterns and the grass has a Patchy outlook... moreover due to smog the overall look is not that clear

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
This is where I think a team ethos would be good, as a captain you can determine how you'd like your team to bat. It could be 'play your natural game', 'play more defensively', 'play more aggressively'.

Of course I would say it should have consequences for players in the team. If you ask a defensive player to fit into an aggressive team it might not work. Asking a traditionally conservative and slow scorer to play aggressively shouldn't turn them into Virender Sehwag.

Moreover, I think captaincy could be something you have as a proficiency pathway with different captaincy styles; inspirational, tactician, leading by example. Or all three if you're Ben Stokes.

Although, the more depth the more complex it becomes.
I like that idea. So you basically have your default style you would want your team to play, and an option to adjust it according to the situation in your current match. But I do like that part where of you're currently adjusting the tactics to play more aggressively your more conservative players will struggle etc. That's why I would like the option to set the overall team tactics, but if needed, to fine tune it per individual. If I have an aggressive player I would increase his tactics for the current innings to bat a little more aggressive and I would let my more conservative player just carry on rotating the strike and play his natural game. Either way, I feel the captain needs a little more control over what's happening during a game.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

• More than the colour saturation that the Devs lower while recreating outfield grass in the subcontinent is that patchy look that real cricket 22 has done perfectly while creating outfield turf of subcontinent...there are different mowing patterns and the grass has a Patchy outlook... moreover due to smog the overall look is not that clear
DBC17 is the game where grass texture was nice visually and ball physics also superior as compared to Ashes 18 and C19 and C22 series of games

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I like that idea. So you basically have your default style you would want your team to play, and an option to adjust it according to the situation in your current match. But I do like that part where of you're currently adjusting the tactics to play more aggressively your more conservative players will struggle etc. That's why I would like the option to set the overall team tactics, but if needed, to fine tune it per individual. If I have an aggressive player I would increase his tactics for the current innings to bat a little more aggressive and I would let my more conservative player just carry on rotating the strike and play his natural game. Either way, I feel the captain needs a little more control over what's happening during a game.
Having knock on effects is important, in my opinion, otherwise it's just a run rate slider or the equivalent of changing the mentality of each player in the academy. I would have an adaptability skill, which is somewhat irrelevant for the human player because you can play however you want, but it should be relevant to AI batters. 'Play more aggressively' might just nudge them up a mentality level, but for those players with low adaptability it might mean their confidence increases slower than usual and likelihood of getting out early is increased.

Captaincy is very hands off at the moment and I think allowing people to keep it that way is fine. I'm personally not interested in full on coaching/management - International Cricket Captain exists - but being able to have more hands on influence would be good set team/player orders, when a new batter comes in, at drinks breaks or breaks in play could be an interesting way to add more depth to the experience. If you are captain of a franchise your overall ethos might influence the players that the franchise looks to sign, you want to play a highly aggressively style then the franchise looks for highly aggressive players with strike rate preferred over total skill. Of course knock on and each new option increases the chances of problems.

kamrul

Associate Captain
Cricket 24 has a huge scope of improvement in AI batting and batting outcome each delivery. Currently the AI script has made them magicians.

No matter how many fielders you keep in the boundary. No matter where ever you bowl you will go for boundary. AI can only get out if they want to. Human input doesn't create any impact, that's why bowling in this game doesn't feel that good.

Even while AI batting, even edges go through gaps, as if it was intended there.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm happy to take people's grass shots and send through reference of those to the artists to adjust a bit.

The biggest problem is the vastly different colours you get from regular photos, it's hard to judge what the true colour of grass is, especially when relying on other photos that haven't got the same colour calibration.
One simple solution...allow us to mod

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
What I'd like is for edges to the keeper or bat-pad be less discernible, in other words, more realistic. In C22 or even C19, all edges have some degree of deviation, and the thicker they get, the further they fly. There is never an edge which is only distinguishable by sound (like atleast 75% of real-life edges). There is never a thick edge that slows down drastically after hitting the bat. Anything short of the slot and the ball always flies off at lightning speed, sometimes even for six behind square. Even with thin edges, there is a drastic increase in ball speed after it hits the bat. No amount of tinkering with the sliders fixes this (trust me, I've tried). This makes the game look scripted (like emphasized in the post above) and renders some DRS features like Snicko and Hotspot irrelevant, because it is always so obvious if the ball has indeed taken an edge. I want the game to let us be doubtful about reviewing edges and in turn, LBWs, and make us listen for sounds and not always rely on the very obvious deviation just as the ball touches the bat.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Looking forward to it really hope there are some improvements to gameplay there has to be on cricket 22 the fielding is a massive thing so that’s good news hopefully weather, pitches and the one thing that hit me was the fact you knew when AI we’re going to get out weather it be 3/4 flicks or the slog to a fielder in the deep and the animation that the AI made for lbw before you’d even appealed be nice if they just stood there so the appeal meant something. I’m excited for the game cricket 22 wasn’t far off

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
I guess the colour scheme in earlier games like DBC 17 or ashes 18 were more realistic. Devs need to work on a new and realistic colour scheme and better textures as colours in cricket 19 and 22 were very primary, this is one area where even a cricket game can expect details like fifa and nba.Another aspect which is very important to overall visual presentation is hair and jersey physics, which were completely missing in the previous titles.Real cricket 22 has done a very good job in creating a realistic patchy subcontinental outfield turfs, however it being a mobile game, scope was limited...here is a pic for reference... Cricket 24 needs to take this forward...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-20-22-51-07-17_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-20-22-51-07-17_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 53

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm happy to take people's grass shots and send through reference of those to the artists to adjust a bit.

How about giving us Fifa like options to decide how green and how much wear on the turf?

Ciaran1303

School Cricketer
Just a thought. Thinking back to Madden NFL games, they had a really great area in Franchise mode where you could track your career highlights against the best players of all time. For example, you could track yourself against 'Most Passing TDs of all time', 'Most TDs in a Game', 'Most TDs in a season etc.'. I wonder whether something like this could be introduced into career mode to add a bit of longevity and give people something to chase and achieve. You could even make it country-specific for the test-playing nations e.g., For Aussies, beat Hayden's score of 380, or pass Ricky Pontings test-run haul etc. It would be pretty cool to track as you work your way up the list and then get recognition once you do it on the game. I have a feeling they had something like this in one of the early Don Bradman games but got rid of it.

Something else that would be pretty cool in career mode is the ability to dictate or edit the 'Future Tours Programme' including adding series/tournaments etc and align it with real world. Would be a beast to manage.. but again keeps the game fresh.

Users who are viewing this thread