Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So infuriating fielding overhaul was so heavily marketed and all the talk about it being re-written. Let alone white sight screens for white ball matches are still here from C22. Frustrating this is our only option for cricket gaming.

issue

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So infuriating fielding overhaul was so heavily marketed and all the talk about it being re-written. Let alone white sight screens for white ball matches are still here from C22. Frustrating this is our only option for cricket gaming.
In BA re written meaning - Add two lines of code to existing code what and idea to promote

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What is your review on the game and the creations tools?
From what I've seen so far, which is mostly the player creation section.

Player editor seems largely unchanged so it has the good and bad of Cricket 22. The enhancements are welcome, but there are still things that were better (or at least had more impact) in older versions but overall is improved upon Cricket 22. I would say it might be the first time that this area has gone one step forward instead of one step forward and one (sometimes two) steps back.
  • Stubble is barely noticeable and just looks bad. C19 had a lot more variations. So creating a bloke with stubble is kind of pointless and the beard textures often look too thick and bulky. Facial hair goes from one day of growth to six months.
  • Eyes, nose, mouth, ears don't necessarily have the variety and I'd say they are the most prominent distinguishing feature of people. Being able to add more subtle features (things like freckles, pockmarks, eye shade) - was superior in Cricket 19.
  • That being said you can still achieve more effective head shapes but it does feel a lot more dependent on adding a playface because faces in the creator feel quite bland. Compared with Cricket 19 where you had several head models that were worthless or would result is people just looking the same - the mix and match of features is so much better but it also probably where the limitations come in. It's still excellent what can be achieved though.
  • New hairstyles are a great addition. It's amazing how much more an accurate hairstyle can improve a creation and the fact there were very few options in 19 & 22 was quite limiting. There's only two or three hairstyles that I could think of off the top of my head that would be good additions whereas in Cricket 22 there were dozens.
  • New pads, new gloves look fantastic. The licensed ones and the new plain ones. The old pads could be removed because I don't know why anyone would use them now, particularly those ones like that look like cardboard flaps. Some licensed trainers, arm guards, sunglasses would be welcome additions in the future. I've made this suggestion in the past but having a 'kitbag' where you could put together bat, gloves, pads, trainers etc in a 'collection' e.g. Gray Nicolls 1, Kookaburra 2 and then apply it to a player rather than doing it individually would make the process of adding custom kit a lot quicker. If not this then at least being able to create custom gloves or pads like you can with bats.
  • Disappointing that more helmets aren't present - particularly the glossy Masuri without the cloth (used in The Hundred) and I'm not sure if the new cloth-less matt painted helmets that are being widely used since the start of the Ashes are in the game. Of course some retro helmets would be nice too, even just a Gower-esque one without a grille.
  • Would still like to see more things like headbands or arm bands for bowlers and fielders. Little additions and fine touches can improve a creation a great deal. It's where everyone having bodies like tennis players is quite frustrating and noticeable. Stuart Broad would look more like Stuart Broad with a headband and sweatband.
  • Haven't tested yet - but I would hope that placement of logos on hats has been looked at so that you could have players with their own style helmet and not have to have them all use the team helmet because by using a different model the custom badge logos will end up in a different place. Not having badges show up on turbans would be good too.
Still need to check out the stadium creator - while there seemed to be a lot of people unhappy that the old, buggy version that had a 50% chance of crashing in Cricket 19, was removed - I thought it was hugely impressive. Would love to see ground shapes be something that has been added and maybe having a raised grassy bank (you can have gaps in the stadium on Cricket 22 but it was just a bit of open grass.

Ugly bat texture that looks like the wood flooring in my flat is still there. Blobset tools could replace that in ten minutes so it is frustrating to see it still in the game as it makes custom bats look unrealistic.

Not tried the kit/uniform editor either yet. Based on the player creation I'm not expecting huge changes there.

It's an already outstanding suite of tools that could still be much better. I just hope that they continue to work on improvements, if not through patches then in future titles.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

Player editor seems largely unchanged so it has the good and bad of Cricket 22. The enhancements are welcome, but there are still things that were better (or at least had more impact) in older versions but overall is improved upon Cricket 22. I would say it might be the first time that this area has gone one step forward instead of one step forward and one (sometimes two) steps back.
  • Stubble is barely noticeable and just looks bad. C19 had a lot more variations. So creating a bloke with stubble is kind of pointless and the beard textures often look too thick and bulky. Facial hair goes from one day of growth to six months.
  • Eyes, nose, mouth, ears don't necessarily have the variety and I'd say they are the most prominent distinguishing feature of people. Being able to add more subtle features (things like freckles, pockmarks, eye shade) - was superior in Cricket 19.
  • That being said you can still achieve more effective head shapes but it does feel a lot more dependent on adding a playface because faces in the creator feel quite bland. Compared with Cricket 19 where you had several head models that were worthless or would result is people just looking the same - the mix and match of features is so much better but it also probably where the limitations come in. It's still excellent what can be achieved though.
  • New hairstyles are a great addition. It's amazing how much more an accurate hairstyle can improve a creation and the fact there were very few options in 19 & 22 was quite limiting. There's only two or three hairstyles that I could think of off the top of my head that would be good additions whereas in Cricket 22 there were dozens.
  • New pads, new gloves look fantastic. The licensed ones and the new plain ones. The old pads could be removed because I don't know why anyone would use them now, particularly those ones like that look like cardboard flaps. Some licensed trainers, arm guards, sunglasses would be welcome additions in the future. I've made this suggestion in the past but having a 'kitbag' where you could put together bat, gloves, pads, trainers etc in a 'collection' e.g. Gray Nicolls 1, Kookaburra 2 and then apply it to a player rather than doing it individually would make the process of adding custom kit a lot quicker. If not this then at least being able to create custom gloves or pads like you can with bats.
  • Disappointing that more helmets aren't present - particularly the glossy Masuri without the cloth (used in The Hundred) and I'm not sure if the new cloth-less matt painted helmets that are being widely used since the start of the Ashes are in the game. Of course some retro helmets would be nice too, even just a Gower-esque one without a grille.
  • Would still like to see more things like headbands or arm bands for bowlers and fielders. Little additions and fine touches can improve a creation a great deal. It's where everyone having bodies like tennis players is quite frustrating and noticeable. Stuart Broad would look more like Stuart Broad with a headband and sweatband.
  • Haven't tested yet - but I would hope that placement of logos on hats has been looked at so that you could have players with their own style helmet and not have to have them all use the team helmet because by using a different model the custom badge logos will end up in a different place. Not having badges show up on turbans would be good too.
Still need to check out the stadium creator - while there seemed to be a lot of people unhappy that the old, buggy version that had a 50% chance of crashing in Cricket 19, was removed - I thought it was hugely impressive. Would love to see ground shapes be something that has been added and maybe having a raised grassy bank (you can have gaps in the stadium on Cricket 22 but it was just a bit of open grass.

Ugly bat texture that looks like the wood flooring in my flat is still there. Blobset tools could replace that in ten minutes so it is frustrating to see it still in the game as it makes custom bats look unrealistic.

Not tried the kit/uniform editor either yet. Based on the player creation I'm not expecting huge changes there.

It's an already outstanding suite of tools that could still be much better. I just hope that they continue to work on improvements, if not through patches then in future titles.
Something that I would like to add is there’s no option to add elbow sleeves and you can’t change the color of the shoes too.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa

After gameplay, fielding, pitch wear and a better career mode, this right here is what I'd like to see improved in the game. A wider variety of outfield patterns, grass embankment... how long have we been asking for this? It annoys the hell out of me that we've been seeing the same shoes, glasses, pads, gloves etc since the Don Bradman games. Awesome to see some new licensed pads and gloves, but I'm sure they could have added a lot more.

But your kit bag suggestion is top class. I love that idea. BA please take note of this!!

I feel a big part of what made the earlier games better was, although BA didn't have the licenses, we had more "freedom" to customize things. Imagine the next level players, stadiums, uniforms that could have been created by the community if the creation tools have been given some major improvements over the years. Just look at AO Tennis 2 and the sweatbands, kit bags etc that have been in the game, but we can't put a sweatband on a fielder. Why not? And body logos and tattoos? What happened to this option? I remember my 1st ever logo I created was me trying to create my tattoo on the old DB17 game. Took me an entire weekend to try and figure it out and with an Xbox controller, some new words spoken and quite a bit of holy water used to exorcise the demons I eventually got it looking semi decent. Now all we have is the same few tattoos copied over and over from previous iterations. It's just frustrating that there has been so little added to the creation tools over the years.

But that kit bag idea... maybe one day we can have some nice things.

Ricky14

County Cricketer

Some good suggestions there.. I think for BA to understand these suggestions a powerpoint will help.. May be an online meet for sometime where guys like you or others have deep knowledge of the game and discuss the same with them..

Cricket is a complicated game and to bring it in the video game it will take lots and lots of efforts.. BA can always take help of the PC community and sure many of us will be happy to take sometime and suggest improvements to them..

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

The kitbag idea is top class. If BA still engaged with this forum like they used to, there's no doubt that would be in the game.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa

Some good suggestions there.. I think for BA to understand these suggestions a powerpoint will help.. May be an online meet for sometime where guys like you or others have deep knowledge of the game and discuss the same with them..

Cricket is a complicated game and to bring it in the video game it will take lots and lots of efforts.. BA can always take help of the PC community and sure many of us will be happy to take sometime and suggest improvements to them..
I agree... I know we have more than enough guys on this forum that can give so much top class feedback and suggestions to BA to make this the ultimate cricket game. I know all of us will gladly help where we can to make this happen. BA, you have so many passionate guys in here who would love to help make this a proper game, but instead of ignoring the people, start listening and engaging with them and watch this game grow. Shouldn't be that difficult...

Ricky14

County Cricketer

Trainers! The nets they show before the match begins its not that appealing to me. No cricketer in match kit will practice.. We can have a net session in trainers ( Training sleevless, shorts, caps training) Where you can play nets for sometime before the match.. I think FIFA had but not exactly, they too had players to wear match kit in practice sessions.

Helmets: BA definitely missing this..

Those helmets which were used in 90, 2000 to 2010 and 2011 to current:

1. Albion helmet which were worn by many players in 90s.. Ponting, M. Waugh, Jayawardene, few Pakistani players like Moin, Afridi, Ijaj, Akram

2. Albion helmet in early 2000 to 2010: I think we have that in the game

3. Masuri: 90s and 2000 to 2013. Used by many: Cook, Hayden, Dravid, Astle, Inzi and many more this was very common.

4. Gray Nicolls: The current one which is worn by Kane, Babar, Rizwan and players who use entire GN kit.

4. Gray Nicolls 90s: Which was worn by Chanderpaul, Cairns and others in 99 world cup. Also I saw Rob Nicols wear the same design after many years.

5. Albion 2010 to 2015: Many Australian players user this: Ponting, Mike and David Hussey, Faulkner, Virat wore in 2011 WC, Shikar Dhawan wore almost all the designa of Albion the one he used was in CT 2013 and later he used the one with the longer grill.

6. Forma: Of course! The one used by Sachin..

I will post photos very soon.
Post automatically merged:

Joe Carey or Alex Root?
Ravan

Trainers! The nets they show before the match begins its not that appealing to me. No cricketer in match kit will practice.. We can have a net session in trainers ( Training sleevless, shorts, caps training) Where you can play nets for sometime before the match.. I think FIFA had but not exactly, they too had players to wear match kit in practice sessions.

Helmets: BA definitely missing this..

Those helmets which were used in 90, 2000 to 2010 and 2011 to current:

1. Albion helmet which were worn by many players in 90s.. Ponting, M. Waugh, Jayawardene, few Pakistani players like Moin, Afridi, Ijaj, Akram

2. Albion helmet in early 2000 to 2010: I think we have that in the game

3. Masuri: 90s and 2000 to 2013. Used by many: Cook, Hayden, Dravid, Astle, Inzi and many more this was very common.

4. Gray Nicolls: The current one which is worn by Kane, Babar, Rizwan and players who use entire GN kit.

4. Gray Nicolls 90s: Which was worn by Chanderpaul, Cairns and others in 99 world cup. Also I saw Rob Nicols wear the same design after many years.

5. Albion 2010 to 2015: Many Australian players user this: Ponting, Mike and David Hussey, Faulkner, Virat wore in 2011 WC, Shikar Dhawan wore almost all the designa of Albion the one he used was in CT 2013 and later he used the one with the longer grill.

6. Forma: Of course! The one used by Sachin..

I will post photos very soon.

Ravan
7. Shrey: Shrey has been used by many players now and very common. The grill design is almost similar to old Masuri.

mrd

School Cricketer
So I played a bit of associates career mode, and it's good that now we can pick to represent any of the international teams available in the game, but there's nothing much to do once you get picked.
For instance, there's a tournament called "Associates T20/OD Cup" (and funnily enough includes Ireland, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan) and you will be playing those same teams in the same tournament season after season in the name of international cricket. Domestic wise, you will be picked by county teams (so far I got called only for T20), CPL, and other leagues so there will be plenty of matches. But no internationals apart from the one I mentioned.

Instead, a world cup qualifying structure would have been great. Qualifying in the World Cup as say Bermuda, vanuatu and playing against Australia, India there would have been cool. And we get plenty of tours in career modes when playing for the test teams. Something like that also would have been great. And since there are rankings now, taking the team at the number 1 rank all the way from the bottom would be great as well.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
So I played a bit of associates career mode, and it's good that now we can pick to represent any of the international teams available in the game, but there's nothing much to do once you get picked.
For instance, there's a tournament called "Associates T20/OD Cup" (and funnily enough includes Ireland, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan) and you will be playing those same teams in the same tournament season after season in the name of international cricket. Domestic wise, you will be picked by county teams (so far I got called only for T20), CPL, and other leagues so there will be plenty of matches. But no internationals apart from the one I mentioned.

Instead, a world cup qualifying structure would have been great. Qualifying in the World Cup as say Bermuda, vanuatu and playing against Australia, India there would have been cool. And we get plenty of tours in career modes when playing for the test teams. Something like that also would have been great. And since there are rankings now, taking the team at the number 1 rank all the way from the bottom would be great as well.

I'd assume Ireland, Bangladesh and Afghanistan have their proper international schedules?

Reactions: mrd

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Aside from fielder responsiveness, what are the gameplay improvements people would be asking for?

From the player actions perspective, most of what I've wanted seem to be there at the moment: it does feel as though the skill of the player I'm controlling (batting or bowling) does make a difference to my outcomes, and the conditions (weather and pitch) seem to affect things too.

The gameplay improvements for me that need to improve are all AI related. They left-armer's over the wicket line. Leg-spinner's round the wicket line. The field-setting... these are perennial bugbears. I can see why the field-setting might be difficult to fix, I don't understand how the bowler's line issue hasn't been fixed across any iteration.

The biggest non-gameplay one would be more ability to choose the weather. I don't want to choose the season, I want to choose the weather... cloudy, sunny, overcast... etc. It seems to have an affect so I want to try different conditions.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Question. Has there been any changes to the tournament/tour creator?

Users who are viewing this thread