Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Does anyone know why the Xbox patch hasn’t been released yet?

(Also: anyone who’s started a career mode after the patch - does your player still start at 16 rated?)
Bigant don't have a great record with patches on Xbox,I think Microsoft keep turning them down,they seem to have a much stricter policy than Sony.

Bigant don't have a great record with patches on Xbox,I think Microsoft keep turning them down,they seem to have a much stricter policy than Sony.
Was it the AFL game they got released on Xbox months after initial release ? Or maybe another game I’m thinking of with BA

Okay purely for research purposes I have bought the game (I managed to pool all the profits from my OnlyFans site (although I had to add 30 quid out of my funeral fund to get the numbers up).

I actually thought that I can only have an opinion over gameplay if I play it myself. Now I am not going to go into the negatives here. They have been broadly spoken of.

But after playing two sessions of a test match I was pleasantly surprised by the overal gameplay experience. Yes there are lots of quirks and we all know about them but the pitch and the actual mechanics feels much more alive and intuitive than I have experienced before. Felt like a good contest between bat and ball and the pitch and ball had a relationship to each other. I think the bowling action animations look pretty decent, especially the ball release. It's early doors but I do think that the statement that there is a lot going on under the hood is a valid one.

Hopefully they will take the time and polish what needs polishing and fixing and not break what is good.

I still stand by my opinion that they have handled the build up to release and thereafter exceptionally badly and without regard of their most passionate fans.

I know that a lot of us would be much more willing to accomodate the inadequacies of the game and support the patching process much more readily if there was a sense of wanting to engage and communicate. Granted there is some justification in both sides feeling they have alienated each other but I truly hope for an honest and open dialogue again in which we can all build towards a great game experience by actively letting our passion flow into a cooperative event like the first few games were able to garner.

Take this with as much salt as you want but these are my initial thoughts and findings for whatever they are worth.

Okay purely for research purposes I have bought the game (I managed to pool all the profits from my OnlyFans site (although I had to add 30 quid out of my funeral fund to get the numbers up).

I actually thought that I can only have an opinion over gameplay if I play it myself. Now I am not going to go into the negatives here. They have been broadly spoken of.

But after playing two sessions of a test match I was pleasantly surprised by the overal gameplay experience. Yes there are lots of quirks and we all know about them but the pitch and the actual mechanics feels much more alive and intuitive than I have experienced before. Felt like a good contest between bat and ball and the pitch and ball had a relationship to each other. I think the bowling action animations look pretty decent, especially the ball release. It's early doors but I do think that the statement that there is a lot going on under the hood is a valid one.

Hopefully they will take the time and polish what needs polishing and fixing and not break what is good.

I still stand by my opinion that they have handled the build up to release and thereafter exceptionally badly and without regard of their most passionate fans.

I know that a lot of us would be much more willing to accomodate the inadequacies of the game and support the patching process much more readily if there was a sense of wanting to engage and communicate. Granted there is some justification in both sides feeling they have alienated each other but I truly hope for an honest and open dialogue again in which we can all build towards a great game experience by actively letting our passion flow into a cooperative event like the first few games were able to garner.

Take this with as much salt as you want but these are my initial thoughts and findings for whatever they are worth.
Looks like it's only handful of us who haven't bought the game yet.

Having done the same thing yesterday as you'll have seen, i echo this.

Test match (with adjusted sliders, maybe the same without, dunno) is playing nicely.

Now, if we can get fielding fixed for the most part, and have the pitch actually visually change over time and impact the game in a meaningful way, then yes, we certainly have something to build...and spinners actually spinning the ball would help.

This, as you say, doesnt excuse the shoddy state of this at release and many more beefy patches will be needed but...the core foundation of a solid, better game than '22...is there.

Eh, not really.

This is… survivorship or confirmation bias? Those who have bought the game or are planning to buy soon are the ones who will be posting here and generating activity. The ones who don’t or will never only make the odd, sporadic post.

Unless they’re me, in which case you’ll find someone posting aimlessly in this thread to make it the biggest one in PC history one day.

Can anyone confirm if fast bowling action 17 is Brett Lee or Trent Boult

I'm still holding out as I know they'll mess up some good stuff in the patches to come before they eventually get it right (or as near as possible).

But there are certainly more positive vibes coming through now, particularly by those posters who seem to want the same sort of things as me i.e. more realistic red ball experience basically.

Users who are viewing this thread