Cricket 24 - General Discussion

I'm normally Mr negative...in some corners of the Internet aka black pilled but reading the last message from Ross, should I purchase the game or, stop procrastinating and finish building this server?

I'm normally Mr negative...in some corners of the Internet aka black pilled but reading the last message from Ross, should I purchase the game or, stop procrastinating and finish building this server?

Wait for the two weeks he claimed and see where it is before spending a dime on the thing.

Just finished my first ashes test playing as Australia on Legend AI and hard settings with default sliders.

Starting the test the first screen should really say “The Ashes - 1st Test”, personally for me this sets the tone however with it saying “The Ashes - Round 1” feels like a cheap gimmicky knock off.
View attachment 285024

The Good:
- Bowling felt more responsive and controlled this time around and felt like I could bowl to a set field and apply pressure to the batsman.
- Ai also seemed like they where trying to bowl to a plan and their field and got me with a leg side trap below.

- Playing out the full 5 days gave a sense of different swings of momentum to either England or Australia and felt like there where times I could attack or had to look to shut up shop and soak up the pressure.

The Bad:
- Day 5 pitch and run up area at 5PM should never look this, could easily be the first morning of the test and wear and tear of the pitch and associated run up area with footmarks being left behind is a must as the test progresses.
View attachment 285025

- Felt like there periods of genuine contest between bat and ball but then the big ant script came out and easily reminded me how the game can feel like it’s on rails with one set direction and outcome as stokes edged behind for 6 or 7 straight deliveries to let me know his time had come, however fortunately for stokes the mini game catching broke down and managed to eventually fluke one to actually stick. Video of issue below from one of the deliveries.

-Fielding is pretty average at best out on the boundary for any sky balls, there’s no effort or intensity to get to the ball and fielders can often get stuck momentarily.

-Always feels like it’s impossible to clean through a tail in the big ant games as the final wicket hanged around for over 100 run partnership.
View attachment 285026

The Horrific:
- Stokes watching the ball go over the boundary to finish the test.

The Outstanding:
First innings Nathan Lyon :lol

Overall can be an enjoyable experience as winning the test with a handful of overs left in the day was rewarding to pace my innings on the final day between going hard and easing off throughout the day which is easy enough on a deck which has remained unchanged since day 1.
View attachment 285027

Overall experience was # out of #. (I’ll patch it in later ;))
Great post with a lot of insight (both good and bad) for people like me who haven't bought the game as things stand.

The lack of pitch deterioration is very disappointing, I'm positive it was there in C22 but only if you played the full game. If you simmed to day 4/5 and then played the pitch would look like it was the first morning.

The only thing I did on that game to counter-act it was to create two separate slider settings - one for days 1/2/3 and one for 4/5. I did this for swinging, spinning, batting and one or two other sets of conditions so I basically created the conditions the game should've done in the first place. It's not perfect but it's all I could do in the circumstances to try and give me some semblance of realism.
Post automatically merged:

“Big changes to come in the next two weeks, you will all get a lot of what you've asked for, stuff that we misjudged the fan feeling around.”

Ross - via X
Heard it all before.

I expect two weeks to be the start of the pandering/grovelling. The game will likely start to turn in the right direction but I don't expect it to be radically different

Hopefully no More Bald Babar Azam after the update

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-14-16-22-21-82_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-14-16-22-21-82_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    585.1 KB · Views: 141
“Big changes to come in the next two weeks, you will all get a lot of what you've asked for, stuff that we misjudged the fan feeling around.”

Ross - via X
Why does he do this? Saying big changes and you'll get lots of what you asked for is only going to raise unrealistic expectations. When it turns out to be something less than imagined, it will only bring more negativity. If you're committing to changes within two weeks, just tell us what they are. And if you can't commit to them, why are you telling us it will happen in two weeks?

Why does he do this? Saying big changes and you'll get lots of what you asked for is only going to raise unrealistic expectations. When it turns out to be something less than imagined, it will only bring more negativity. If you're committing to changes within two weeks, just tell us what they are. And if you can't commit to them, why are you telling us it will happen in two weeks?

This.

The only times I've seen devs talk big and vague is when they're entirely unsure of what they'll be able to do themselves. They do something and then claim that was the intended result. Still willing to see if theses two weeks will bring a much needed improvement.

This.

The only times I've seen devs talk big and vague is when they're entirely unsure of what they'll be able to do themselves. They do something and then claim that was the intended result. Still willing to see if theses two weeks will bring a much needed improvement.

Yes , they should have mentioned what are things they are working on, seems like an effort to boost sales for next week.

However the first patch concentrated on gameplay and career mode so hoping they are in right direction in next two weeks.

Ross - via X
Stuff that they misjudged the fan feeling around?
I wonder what things he means.
Pitch deterioration that was in C22?
A working academy?
Fans at Lords not blowing weird sirens and horns?
Fielders that don't shuffle sideways instead of running for the ball?
Licensed players with the correct skills? I.e. Fast bowlers shouldn't be in the game as spinners.
I'm so excited!

Users who are viewing this thread