Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Has anyone figured out what slider combo can fix the pitch from being so bouncy. I've played tests now on both Dry-medium and grassy-medium and in both situations a "good length" delivery (X on Ps4) always bounces at least a foot above the stumps. I tried playing with pitch bounce and ball bounce but it hasn't changed anything.

I would only say this, those who bought this game and did not refund it and are still playing, this mess is on you. BA has looked past everything and will keep doing as long as consumers keep buying the shite product they sell. Again not saying this is completely garbage but this is close to be being garbage with same issues that years after years keep happening.

I want a good cricket game where I can enjoy and feels less arcady, I want to be rewarded for bowling consistent line and length, I want to be rewarded for digging in the tough spell from a fast bowler and then going on to make a matching winning 100. Ashes 17 reached that a little of that with 19 being the best they produced. 22, like 24 has been money grab but 22 is alteast playable.

I am a normal user who does not care much about the nuances other then game play. With or without Adam Gilchrist, commentary has always been horrendous, the same bugs keep showing up every iteration as if they start from an old code base every time. This is not a positive sign from a good organization, this is a sign from a chaotic and unstructured organization. I feel bad for @MattW as he is the admin here and in a position where he can and cannot say things.

Has anyone figured out what slider combo can fix the pitch from being so bouncy. I've played tests now on both Dry-medium and grassy-medium and in both situations a "good length" delivery (X on Ps4) always bounces at least a foot above the stumps. I tried playing with pitch bounce and ball bounce but it hasn't changed anything.
I was using C19 controls and took a few wickets hitting stumps with a good length delivery, it only hits when left stick is facing forward though anything else it’s too high. That’s pre patch by the way not sure if anything has changed

Reduce the Max Pace Bowling Pace and Visual Speed Pace and increase ball and pitch friction.In Cricket 24 they have increased the speed of ball after it pitches.It has created Many problems for AI batsman.

This reminds me of bandersnatch when you deliver an awful game, with an earlier game release date

If possible you could upload a video or two of your experience since you’re the only one going consistently against the grain on nearly everything that’s being said here.
I’m about to go on two weeks holidays so I’ll try and get a video today time permitting.

They definitely spin but I wouldn’t call it huge.

I’ve put photos up of the skied hook that the keeper caught. I’m still stuck on play now mode with custom teams as Xbox waiting on patches that will fox academy and crashing issues

It’s disappointing that it’s 2 weeks on now or is it 3 weeks since release and still stuck in play now

I never played the career mode on the last game is it any good? The lower club stuff doesn't interest me but playing for country and tournaments do as long as they are real teams with real players.

I never played the career mode on the last game is it any good? The lower club stuff doesn't interest me but playing for country and tournaments do as long as they are real teams with real players.
If you played the Career in C19, it's very similar. C22 doesn't have quite as many conflicting tournaments running... I distinctly remember playing for both England in the WI, and for Victoria in the Sheffield Shield at the same time, literally flying back and forth each match. Luckily the International Date Line meant that I could play both an ODI and a First Class game on the same days.

Club cricket is ok, it does have a feel of "zero to hero" about it, as long as you can get past the horrendous random names/appearances of your Club Mates.

I'm not sure how many seasons in I am on C22 now (at least 6/7), but the International teams are only just starting to change, which is a good thing though, nobody wants to see a 42 year old Ben Stokes crutching up to the bowling crease and firing down 46Kph rockets.

Honestly, alot of the things they added (gym work/practice) are unnecessary, and detract a little from the game, but they aren't compulsory, so them being there isn't an issue. The cut scenes and post-match interviews though are a pain. I understand they might be immersive, but they have no bearing on the game, and the loading times are awful, I groan audibly everytime I see the loading circle go around more than twice.

They got alot of things right IMO, stats are tracked well, you can see current comps (I wish you could look at past comps stats too, but I understand there does have to be a limit.), and the tours seem realistically timed. All it really needed was some general gameplay tweaks (which don't really matter what mode you play in, they all work the same). It sounds good that they've added a whole bunch more possible teams to play in, but as I am an Xbox rodent, I havn't touched it since the day after release.

Reduce the Max Pace Bowling Pace and Visual Speed Pace and increase ball and pitch friction.In Cricket 24 they have increased the speed of ball after it pitches.It has created Many problems for AI batsman.
Adjusting this has helped but I think one of them must've slowed down the edges because nothing is carrying now. I will just keep on tinkering. Has anyone tried it with the Rumple sliders?

Another annoying part is you have to change back to different physics settings for batting because who wants to go against such a slow looking ball.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread