Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ah seems I might not need to test after all.

If they could just sort this out the complete inability of the AI to play spin, with the other changes we'd have a decent game here now.

Well I had sliders on default. I always test out of the box with default, Hardest on a new patch.
Post automatically merged:

Leach 5 wickets in 4 overs.

I literally cannot stop taking wickets with spin. Have they botched it more?!

So what flight and drift values do I need to stop banging my head against the brick wall? 30 and 30, and keep the rest the same?

Well I had sliders on default. I always test out of the box with default, Hardest on a new patch.

Leach 5 wickets in 4 overs.

I literally cannot stop taking wickets with spin. Have they botched it more?!

So what flight and drift values do I need to stop banging my head against the brick wall? 30 and 30, and keep the rest the same?

I'd go even lower to be fair.. don't go too low as I went for wicketkess for 100 odd.

I do think the bigger one is not using the meter because your getting perfect perfect each time.

Perfect Perfect wicket chance goes up..

Agree but when there's a solution that allows you to play now I do find it a little odd that people just keep smashing their heads against the same wall.

Then wait for the fix
Agreed but it's clearly a significant flaw in the coding/game design that some people expect the developers to fix and not rely on user restrictions which I don't think is unreasonable.

Agreed but it's clearly a significant flaw in the coding/game design that some people expect the developers to fix and not rely on user restrictions which I don't think is unreasonable.

Not at all completely agree.. but until fixed why would you continue doing it haha.

I don't like sliders but they are also there to help if you keen to play in the meantime.

The most haunting question is, if these fixes are doable, why BAS haven't implemented in their release version itself. Why do they wait for the customers to raise tickets and then resolve the bugs? What is the role of their passionate game developers and testers in their setup??

View attachment 285511Has anyone actually seen the highlighted in their game yet? I have started the 3rd ashes test and have not seen anything relating to this. Whilst I don’t care for this sort of thing, having it as the first selling dot point on all the offical store pages and not having it in game is false advertising and needs to be patched in or removed from the store page.
Its simply not true and should be removed.They don't have the licence for the ashes in this game.The winning team gets a shield they are not even called 1st test ,2nd test.

And I guess if spinners take far more wickets than quicks on a day one green top, then we can ignore anything about pitches playing a part, deteriorating etc., even if there is a cosmetic change?

I wouldn't rely on the game reproducing realistic conditions so if you're playing on a green top I'd have a specific set of sliders to reflect that.

I have a Green Top Day 1/2/3 slider set and another separate one for days 4/5.

For me if its a green top it should in theory be a low-scoring game so I lower striker timing and run rate to around 30 or sometimes lower and raise wicket chance to 70ish. I'll then make bowling 'perfect/perfect' easier with raising sliders but make batting harder by lowering all the timing and shot force sliders. For this green top in real life spin should be fairly ineffective so i lower all the spin sliders and raise the swing/pace ones.

For the day 4/5 set I just have it similar but more extreme. In real life if you've somehow made it to day 4 or 5 on a green top it should be nigh on impossible to score runs. I'd probably up spin a bit for the days 4/5 but not much.

Unfortunately sliders will be the only way you can make it realistic so as long as BA make sure the pitch and weather looks decent I'll do the rest.

The most haunting question is, if these fixes are doable, why BAS haven't implemented in their release version itself. Why do they wait for the customers to raise tickets and then resolve the bugs? What is the role of their passionate game developers and testers in their setup??
Caption Competition:

Smith relieved as Carey removes troublesome kidney stone:

View attachment 285531

First slip needs to be further back ...

Is the patch out for PS??

Users who are viewing this thread