Cricket 24 - General Discussion

It was there in c22. Not sure about 19 as didn’t play it but the AI basically freezes and goes into what can only be described as a robotic state of mind even the way they move changes completely facing spin they are just a sitting duck

That last patch did wonders with some proper playfaces for licensed players. It seems they added some new hairstyles too.

Here are a few examples:

View attachment 285548View attachment 285549View attachment 285550View attachment 285551View attachment 285552View attachment 285553View attachment 285554View attachment 285555View attachment 285556View attachment 285557View attachment 285558

Kyle Mayers has his ponytail now. Big Ant finally added the Reece Topley Mullet. Now they just need to update his face. Will Jacks also got a proper face and Tymal Mills actually looks like Tymal Mills.
That Tymal Mills is incredible.

On an unrelated note, it's a shame in @passwordistaco's career mode the default off spinner action seems to still be the Nathan Lyon... Wish that'd be fixed. Along with the font for the test number on the England shirt which they had right in C19

When you go to Norway for a wedding and the groom announces to you they are expecting their first child, so you hastily go out before your flight and buy a cricket bat as a wedding present for the future youngster.

Then four years later you see the young boy at the beach on a Whatsapp video holding said bat, while a ball is underarmed to him.

That is how C24 batsmen play spin.

I got this game on trial. IMO, there are some good, some bad, and some ugly things here. Certainly an improvement in many areas, degradation over other, and in some places unchanged from the C22. Fielding is indeed terrible. In one play through keeper caught the ball off an edge and decided to throw it away for a four. Needless to say, appealing did not work. Bowler dives for no reason when a fielder throws ball at the wickets. On the other hand, the crowd noise is better than C22. Bowling, to me at least, still feels like just throwing the ball around.

To me it also seems there are two games here, in-game Ashes and the rest. Australian and English stadiums look great. They are more detailed and less cartoony than other stadiums in the game. While playing the in-game Ashes the crowd appears very well synced with the game, noise/excitement is very good, and the stadiums are also filled to capacity. But when playing any other match or even tournament, including World Cup final, the stadiums are sparsely filled. While the crowd is noisy it is not as exciting or as as synced with the game as in the case of the in-game Ashes. I think it would be help if some of the atmospheric assets from the in-game Ashes are shared across the board.

Personally, no licensed Pakistan stadiums is a let down. Although, in one clip during the infamous 3 days of promotion, if memory serves me right, there was a glimpse of what it appeared to be Gaddafi stadium. Perhaps, it will find its way into the game on a later date. The wheat-field continues to substitute for the grass in some of the Subcontinental stadiums. A greener grass would be helpful.

I simulated world cup matches to fast forward to the final - to see how it plays out - and during this Afghanistan beat Pakistan. At least, there is some reality in this game :D

Last edited:
Never seen that or heard that from the commentators I’m guessing this is new ?? Would love to see that but straight on to wickets and just a bad leave. Think I’ve seen a few on here asking for that certainly be good
I also saw it for the first time in Cricket 24 and I liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread