Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bit of testing. Keeper (Carey) with agility as low as can go.

Looked ok, India 20-0, nothing stupid, thought ah, we might have cracked it.

Then...

Then another...

Then a bit of fun to show what happens if you zero Spin Bounce, and bowl a "bounce" variation delivery, i think Lyon would be pretty ecstatic with this new variation...

These are with spin flight, drift, revs, all on 10.

Zero these out and its nothing more than bowling straight pies where the seam literally doesnt move, tried it, looks silly.

Long story short, i think the problem is pretty much unfixable our end, hopefully BA do something about it.

Then...

Then another...

Then a bit of fun to show what happens if you zero Spin Bounce, and bowl a "bounce" variation delivery, i think Lyon would be pretty ecstatic with this new variation...

Zero these out and its nothing more than bowling straight pies where the seam literally doesnt move, tried it, looks silly.

Long story short, i think the problem is pretty much unfixable our end, hopefully BA do something about it.

I think the real issue here is the lack of animations than anything. Any TOP keeper is taking that first catch in real life. This is because they would not have risen so high in their stance. In this game, the keeper is basically standing completely up when the batsman meets the ball.

Then...

Then another...

Nice one for testing. I'm quite bored with it and am playing something else for a while
Post automatically merged:

Close catchers are a killer. I stopped having them during 19 and have done ever since. I felt that this way I will at least ‘earn’ my wickets with spin.

Still get the odd annoying one which the keeper takes, but I do find it odd how people are like ‘spin is broke, you get so many wickets, just look at this video’ and then they have silly mid on, silly mid off, short leg etc.

It’s like come on, give it a chance. I even seen a comment the other day about how someone had got 2 bat pad catches in an ODI - why do you have a man in at bat pad in an ODI??

Close catchers are a major part of the game at test level. You shouldn't just need to get rid of them.

I'd also say I get so many catches smashed straight into the keeper's gloves that it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference.

Those on steam with the latest how is the stump physics going is the balance right i remember in DBC 14 where you would never knock the stumps out the ground to in the other versions the stumps flying out the ground nearly all the time. is there a good mix o the stumps knocked back and the balls trimmed by being bowled and having the stumps sometimes flying out the ground or have the stumps stopped flying completely?

Then...

Then another...

Just a thought:

While trying to enhance keepers' responsiveness to stumpings and run-outs, BA inadvertently activates a superhuman ability, which seems to be an inherent part of the engine. It's unclear if it's fixable, and reducing keepers' skills could potentially affect their reflexes behind the stumps, suggesting an interconnected relationship among these features.

Hello!
I have been asked to provide some feedback "based on my long playing time" by JT BA on Steam. Not sure who he is on here, but Id like to reach out to him somehow.
Always can DM me here or add me on Steam, as some others have done!
I try to get back to everyone as fast as possible as you can imagine they are quite busy at the moment. But of course, I'm still here reading and other places like Steam discussions, our forums, Reddit, etc. trying to track everything people are giving feedback on.

Decided to wait on this one after having bought every BA cricket release since 2014 and I'm glad I made the right choice, seen a lot of recent positives (I've been following this thread for a while) but there's still so much wrong with even the basics that it just doesn't feel worth buying the game any time soon. The game is already on a discount in my country on Amazon (its like around $40 which is way cheaper than usual PS4 games) so I might eventually buy it after it seems like a genuine upgrade on 22 but I think that's probably going to take a long time and it still isn't going to be an ideal cricket experience unfortunately. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Raised a ticket with these issues after latest patch.
Platform - Steam

1. Spinners bowling way too much wide balls continuously.

2. WK are taking all the superhuman catches in front of wicket crossing stumps .

3. AI batsmen still flicking in the air & getting caught frequently.

4. Spinners are unable to spin the ball.

5. Keeper should be doing veery quick stumpings they are very slow.

6. Pitch should deteriorate & behave differently as game progresses.

7. Weather should have real time effect on game.

8. Rain should be present in game also overcast condition all the time needs to be there like England weather where ball swings more than usual.

9. more play & misses needs to add in game for both user & AI.

I know a lot of issues has been left & not covered but as far as now these are affecting me the most while playing the game.

Stump physics are much better on Steam version. My two biggest issues are wicket keeper jumping to the front of the stumps to take catches, and inner ring fielders that intercepts the ball when it is thrown in from the boundary. The last patch is a big step forward. With @Rumple43 sliders AI does play spin a bit better. i did not get a single bat boot, or bat pad wicket in 70+ overs. Pleas please BA do not mess with the fielding too much anymore. It is at a satisfying point now. Just sort out the wicket keeper.

Stump physics are much better on Steam version. My two biggest issues are wicket keeper jumping to the front of the stumps to take catches, and inner ring fielders that intercepts the ball when it is thrown in from the boundary. The last patch is a big step forward. With @Rumple43 sliders AI does play spin a bit better. i did not get a single bat boot, or bat pad wicket in 70+ overs. Pleas please BA do not mess with the fielding too much anymore. It is at a satisfying point now. Just sort out the wicket keeper.
has this not toned down in the new patch in steam?

Good morning @JNT BA we are approaching 20 days without being able to play the game on Xbox without a word of any significance except “it’s with Microsoft.” Has the patch been rejected ? Have they lost the request or playing an early version of trick or treat ? It’s getting a bit silly now and very very very frustrating
IMG_2399.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• USA