Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am getting the feeling that either the game has been brilliant and boasted with numerous new features and bugfree that BAS got so confident in it that the product will sell it self without any marketing at all or the game is just a stable patched up copy of cricket 22 with new licenses and no newer gameplay enhancements to show off and BAS is just trying to lure audience during worldcup fever to purchase it blindly without seeing anything and maximizing sales because of World Cup in India and IPL partly licensed as well
That's not how it works. Its not the developer's confidence but of the buyer's that helps sell the product.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
While I appreciate where you're coming from, I think a lot of us would appreciate ANY info before parting with cash to find out if anything has improved. Something from the horse's mouth. I don't feel like the onus should be on us to buy the game and find that information out for ourselves. I know a lot of people who are REALLY invested will buy the game regardless, but that is not all of us. £45-50 is a lot of money to splash on something with next to no information.

A lot of games that people will be comparing to do large pre-order driven campaigns, trying to get a big headline day one figure to top the sales charts - but when you're looking at a title that is intended to sell right through from launch, to key tournaments in the new year and then to the next English summer, the way you structure the marketing is different, the biggest push is saved for when you can action 'available now' rather than 'preorder today'.

So while I know everyone on a forum like this would want huge amounts of info, getting the attention of the wider public is tough - so it's focused, short and sharp in this lead up week and beyond. That includes maximising the marketing value of detailing features, licenses, etc - for example by being answered in a press interview or specific announcement video rather than by forum post.

I'm certainly not saying "buy the game and you'll find out" - but making two separate points, one of a shorter campaign near release maximising the benefit that a marketing campaign can do in terms of achieving lifetime sales rather than pre-launch "hype", and that for the audience of people reading a forum like this, even once all that marketing pushes out, I'm sure there will be the healthy amount of scepticism with what is said in marketing, which is where that feedback from the community ends up driving most of the purchasing decisions from those here.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
BAS might have data to backed their way of marketing after release date generating life long sales but I find it hard to believe otherwise all other games developers would had approached similar strategy for their games

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
It’s been pre release hype with lots of info , teaser , trailer , major features overview to get the maximum sales incorporating the novelty factor , it’s been like this for all these things like games , movies , electronic gadgets since God knows how long

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
A lot of games that people will be comparing to do large pre-order driven campaigns, trying to get a big headline day one figure to top the sales charts - but when you're looking at a title that is intended to sell right through from launch, to key tournaments in the new year and then to the next English summer, the way you structure the marketing is different, the biggest push is saved for when you can action 'available now' rather than 'preorder today'.

So while I know everyone on a forum like this would want huge amounts of info, getting the attention of the wider public is tough - so it's focused, short and sharp in this lead up week and beyond. That includes maximising the marketing value of detailing features, licenses, etc - for example by being answered in a press interview or specific announcement video rather than by forum post.

I'm certainly not saying "buy the game and you'll find out" - but making two separate points, one of a shorter campaign near release maximising the benefit that a marketing campaign can do in terms of achieving lifetime sales rather than pre-launch "hype", and that for the audience of people reading a forum like this, even once all that marketing pushes out, I'm sure there will be the healthy amount of scepticism with what is said in marketing, which is where that feedback from the community ends up driving most of the purchasing decisions from those here.

I really appreciate the response to explain how some of this might work. That is the kind of thing I, and I'm sure others, like to see - something to explain just what is going on and maybe have some dialogue. I don't buy into the "it's going to be terrible" talk because there's nothing to suggest it will be based on previous experience. I generally try to remain optimistic as well. That said, the radio silence has been baffling to those of us on the outside, especially with the original release pushed back after next to no communication before that. Then you throw in the lack of communication around Rugby 24 and its eventual delay announcement just a week before its original release date. I'm sure you can see why some of us are/have been fairly antsy (no pun intended) about the lack of... anything.

I want nothing more than for you all at BAS to give us quality games to enjoy and for you all to enjoy success. I hope the plan works out for the best. Here's hoping we get a good mix of info and some insight into the improvements there will be over C19 and C22 over the next few days.

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
They list themselves as "Official Fan Page" which aren't typically words that go together. https://www.instagram.com/gcamotera/ appears to be the only instagram linked through the official site of Gujarat Cricket, but I don't have a way of knowing for sure.

Either way, I can tell you that it's not a game screenshot or a model used.

People don't make it easy to try and drag info out of me :)

But I'll give you a tiny tidbit - two of my personal favourite new features are audio related.

My only comment on marketing - and I don't speak for anyone else on it - is really just that I don't think anyone on here is really the audience for the regular marketing stuff anyway. I know you'll all weigh stronger the opinions from others in the community you trust, people who get the game at launch and provide feedback and reviews on it, far more than anything made to build hype/excitement.
Thanks for clarifying ! Having no info is better than having a fake info.

KasunD95

School Cricketer
Some here post as if they will not pre order because there are not much info.
The reality is 99% of this forum have already ordered (I am guessing) this is the hard core cricket gamers and I believe we all would buy the game even if BA say it's just cricket 22 with and new packaging

sjdigitall

Club Captain

I actually agree with the shorter Marketing Campaign. I would throw everything in terms of budget for the campaign during this World Cup, imagine an tv ad during one of the broadcasts, would be massive for BA. Though I still would have thrown the hardcore cricket game fans a bone, like a couple of screenshots. Ideally you’d want both audiences to be on board.

Karachi

Associate Captain

So, when exactly does a shorter campaign near release begins? Release is only six days away.

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
OMG one post by Matt has changed some of this thread members views, now coming up with positive vibe wow just crazy.Change is good indeed but didn't expect it will escalate this fast than my age

Users who are viewing this thread