Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Yeah but how is it justified. No one knows how it will pan out. They could have record sales.

They could have biggest player base ever.

It could go exactly to plan and they could meet their targets.

If people want to wait to see what the game is like before buying they can do that.

Because people don't agree with it I don't think it justifies it.

If people want to say "told you so" got to wait for it to flop first

Sure they could. They could also have the opposite of it. People are equally justified to talk about the latter when you claim the former could happen especially when they’re making well reasoned arguments in favour of it. In the absence of any sort of information, I don’t see what else people are going to talk about.

Sure they could. They could also have the opposite of it. People are equally justified to talk about the latter when you claim the former could happen especially when they’re making well reasoned arguments in favour of it. In the absence of any sort of information, I don’t see what else people are going to talk about.

Yeah but when you have absolutely no idea about what their constraints and plans are then it's hard to justify your opinion.

No one hear has a CLUE what BA can or can't do.

To say "it's bad" is incorrect and also impossible to currently justify.

We got people stalking people about a game. Matt was right no one here needs a trailer haha

Yeah but when you have absolutely no idea about what their constraints and plans are then it's hard to justify your opinion.

No one hear has a CLUE what BA can or can't do.

To say "it's bad" is incorrect and also impossible to currently justify.

We got people stalking people about a game. Matt was right no one here needs a trailer haha

Are they really constrained from posting screenshots of their own game though that doesn’t include WC related content? I don’t think it’s unjustified to say it isn’t a good idea to not have any sort of info barring the mandatory press statements and overviews.

I’m doing a Google search right now and there’s no relevant in-game images, I get a link to that community bloke’s Twitter account at the top, a link to BA’s site and a couple of Indian stores selling the game and a news article about the Sony bundle in India and the delayed release from June. There’s also a raft of YouTube videos with speculation from usernames I recognise on this forum. Oh and there’s also a site that has the same name which is for actual cricket news. This is the state of the game’s promotion with a week to go.

The people doing the stalking are on here though and I doubt they’d be enough to generate a profit. But if they are then fair play, I guess they could save an extra day’s work of minimal promotion until the very end. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, the trailers or screenshots are meant to get the ones on the fence to get this game in the release window over the other heavy hitters coming up soon.
Post automatically merged:

or you can stop viewing the thread :yes: Planetcricket, is vast,vast!

Of course, and I'm enjoying the discussion with @Bevab but do we not think stalking someone and plastering their accounts on the forum is a bit much??

I do agree with this though which is why I said that doxxing someone over this is shambolic behaviour and should be called out.

I have suggestion that game should give you an option before the match about choosing the pitch conditions
Where we can select the par score for the game
Like if I select option like 220-250 in ODI so pitch will behave that way and scoring will be difficult and AI and me will be playing according to conditions
for example: if i score 250 which is best score on that pitch i will be interesting how i stop the ai and also be difficult for AI too
other options would be like 200-220, 250-280 , 280-300 , 300-325, 325-350.....
so i guess all the matches in the game will be more interesting

I have suggestion that game should give you an option before the match about choosing the pitch conditions
Where we can select the par score for the game
Like if I select option like 220-250 in ODI so pitch will behave that way and scoring will be difficult and AI and me will be playing according to conditions
for example: if i score 250 which is best score on that pitch i will be interesting how i stop the ai and also be difficult for AI too
other options would be like 200-220, 250-280 , 280-300 , 300-325, 325-350.....
so i guess all the matches in the game will be more interesting
u r asking for too much specialy at this time

I don't really find Ross's explanation for no promos convincing. I mean, which game doesn't have a trailer less than a week before its release? Only makes me think that there's a lot of work to be done before release. I'm sure the game is going to have patches on the release day. (If its actually going release, that is)
At least a few screenshots or a poster would be good! No marketing team is so busy that they can't have a poster! Especially since the game has been delayed by almost 6 months, the people expecting the game would be thrilled to see some promos and make them less anxious about the product and the release date.

I don't really find Ross's explanation for no promos convincing. I mean, which game doesn't have a trailer less than a week before its release? Only makes me think that there's a lot of work to be done before release. I'm sure the game is going to have patches on the release day. (If its actually going release, that is)
At least a few screenshots or a poster would be good! No marketing team is so busy that they can't have a poster! Especially since the game has been delayed by almost 6 months, the people expecting the game would be thrilled to see some promos and make them less anxious about the product and the release date.
We don't need a trailer with standard pre-rendered bullshit.

A proper gameplay showcase would suit far better

Users who are viewing this thread