Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you’d bothered to read through the complaints you would know people are unhappy about and complaining for.

People complained about Rugby League titles but I can guarentee you one thing - RL fans wish they were still making the "updates".

Cricket is a niche sport, be thankful for what you've got.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
If you’d bothered to read through the complaints you would know people are unhappy about and complaining for.
I have read them and my response is if you aren't happy don't buy it. Its just a video game and these sports games no matter what series whether its NBA , Soccer, Baseball etc they all tend to play the same year after year. Its not like open world games that can change every iteration.

Yep there is some disappointing aspects like huds and annoying parts of game play that are hopefully fixed. I am in the group of just be thankful we even have a cricket game to play. You make the game what you make of it, all sports games IMO have a short shelf life. You tend to get bored of playing the same matches over and over.

For people saying its a cash grab etc that's what all video games are arent they? I play NBA 2K a fair bit ( Not the my team mode) year on year its the same game with some graphical updates and new rosters. I still get it, cricket is the same I am not expecting 24 to be much different to 22 and I felt 22 wasn't much different to 19.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
People complained about Rugby League titles but I can guarentee you one thing - RL fans wish they were still making the "updates".

You could play bingo with the sort of defences these games have every release.

They're not some plucky developer trying their hand at a cricket game - they're 10 years into it now.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have read them and my response is if you aren't happy don't buy it. Its just a video game and these sports games no matter what series whether its NBA , Soccer, Baseball etc they all tend to play the same year after year. Its not like open world games that can change every iteration.

Yep there is some disappointing aspects like huds and annoying parts of game play that are hopefully fixed. I am in the group of just be thankful we even have a cricket game to play. You make the game what you make of it, all sports games IMO have a short shelf life. You tend to get bored of playing the same matches over and over.

For people saying its a cash grab etc that's what all video games are arent they? I play NBA 2K a fair bit ( Not the my team mode) year on year its the same game with some graphical updates and new rosters. I still get it, cricket is the same I am not expecting 24 to be much different to 22 and I felt 22 wasn't much different to 19.
The difference is FIFA and 2K have 20+ games they've released, over years they've fine tuned it to the point where there isn't much they can do that is worth the investment (funding serious career mode improvements etc.). Big Ant still have guys batting the wrong way in cut scenes, graphics aren't great, career mode still looks bare and buggy from what I've seen (which, unlike FIFA, is their main selling point) and tons of other improvements they can/need to add, a third of the gameplay (fielding) is awfully unbalanced/bare.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully the teaser video last more than 5 mins today atleast.

Teasers are rarely more than 2 mins.

Most of it will have new kits,stadiums and licenses, as they’re clearly pushing that in the dev videos.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I’m not buying it and it seems plenty of dissatisfied regulars aren’t either. It’s also why I’m not taking the ones that are moaning and still buying it seriously.

The games you’ve mentioned have all nailed down their vision of how the game should play and turned into a mostly bug-free experience. These cricket games still haven’t. Pitches don’t have as significant of an impact as they should have, ratings certainly don’t as I can’t tell the difference between two different players beyond a point when I bowl to them or bat against them, there’s not a big enough difference between playing in one country and another when that’s probably one of the most unique things about this sport. Spinners are still way better than pacers irrespective of the pitch or conditions, the AI struggles when it is batting or bowling with the strategic aspects or making it appear realistic, some of the dismissal types are rarely seen and the fielding remains very poor and not fun whether it is automated or done manually. These are just some of my own issues with the core gameplay alone, there’s a lot more in the various other modes that would make this post bigger than it already is. And then there’s the issue of bugs and incomplete features which are numerous at this point…

There has always been a difference between each of their previous releases compared to the next one IMO other than Ashes Cricket to Cricket 19. Cricket 22 looks better visually than 19 and has better animations at the least. I also think it’s AI is slightly better compared to 19. From what we’ve seen of 24 though that doesn’t yet seem to be the case versus 22.

Cricket isn’t a niche sport at all. The problem with making a game is getting into the Indian market that doesn’t indulge in non-mobile gaming as much as other places but this is also changing at present.

BA and NACON are charging AAA prices for their games. The “be thankful” argument falls flat just based on that. I’d be perfectly happy with no further games from them if they’re all going to be similar releases with the same issues going forward… some other developer will eventually have a crack at this sport looking at the potential.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I’m not buying it and it seems plenty of dissatisfied regulars aren’t either. It’s also why I’m not taking the ones that are moaning and still buying it seriously.

I fall into this category. I'm 'moaning' not for the sake of it. I've been a big supporter of this game right from beginning and have every iteration (plus spent thousands of hours playing). I fully agree with your point on vision. I know BA is an aussie developer (which is good to see) and I want to support that...however it doesn't take a genius to know you won't sell a game without marketing it especially one with a niche sport like cricket. Even a marketing person straight out of uni would tell you that. Having a marketing 'plan' which is based on 1. a teaser months in advance, 2. instore marketing, 3. teaser videos, trailer 2-3 days out from release...is doomed to fail. Understand BA have their eyes set on C24 being up there with FIFA (hey dreams are free) with the inclusion of stuff like Ultimate Team...they forget the amount of $$ EA spends on marketing and promotion (esp with youtubers).

Anyway, this is the only cricket game around. We want/need it to be really good and sell millions of copies, because more profits for BA (and whatever publishers they use), the more that gets reinvested in supporting it AND future stuff.

So a lot of us will moan and still buy it only because its the best thing out there and we want to support BA...but not blindly. C'mon BA...pull your finger out mate.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer

The games you’ve mentioned have all nailed down their vision of how the game should play and turned into a mostly bug-free experience. These cricket games still haven’t. Pitches don’t have as significant of an impact as they should have, ratings certainly don’t as I can’t tell the difference between two different players beyond a point when I bowl to them or bat against them, there’s not a big enough difference between playing in one country and another when that’s probably one of the most unique things about this sport. Spinners are still way better than pacers irrespective of the pitch or conditions, the AI struggles when it is batting or bowling with the strategic aspects or making it appear realistic, some of the dismissal types are rarely seen and the fielding remains very poor and not fun whether it is automated or done manually. These are just some of my own issues with the core gameplay alone, there’s a lot more in the various other modes that would make this post bigger than it already is. And then there’s the issue of bugs and incomplete features which are numerous at this point…

There has always been a difference between each of their previous releases compared to the next one IMO other than Ashes Cricket to Cricket 19. Cricket 22 looks better visually than 19 and has better animations at the least. I also think it’s AI is slightly better compared to 19. From what we’ve seen of 24 though that doesn’t yet seem to be the case versus 22.

Cricket isn’t a niche sport at all. The problem with making a game is getting into the Indian market that doesn’t indulge in non-mobile gaming as much as other places but this is also changing at present.

BA and NACON are charging AAA prices for their games. The “be thankful” argument falls flat just based on that. I’d be perfectly happy with no further games from them if they’re all going to be similar releases with the same issues going forward… some other developer will eventually have a crack at this sport looking at the potential.
Fifa and 2K have had years more attempts than BA.

I am far from a BA supporter, I was let down with the Xbox release for AFL and won't be buying that game. I do not agree with their marketing style but to me those graphics look sharper and until I play the game myself I can't comment on gameplay. Of course the game was going to look and probably play the same as 22 maybe with some slight tweaks but that is how these sports games go.

Pretty sure its the retailers that charge those prices. EB Games in Aus charging 99 whilst JB HI FI charging 79.

I think something people expect to much in games. 22 and now 24 will be the best looking games we have ever had and whilst I still think for pure fun Shane Warne and Brian Lara cricket was my favourites they don't stack up to these games for depth in modes and obviously graphics. No one else is going to make these games so I will still purchase it and as I said I have always found a game is what you make of it.

How can you comment on the AI and animations etc on this game you haven't played it or seen gameplay ?

Reactions: DAP

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I agree

I am far from a BA supporter, I was let down with the Xbox release for AFL and won't be buying that game. I do not agree with their marketing style but to me those graphics look sharper and until I play the game myself I can't comment on gameplay. Of course the game was going to look and probably play the same as 22 maybe with some slight tweaks but that is how these sports games go.

Pretty sure its the retailers that charge those prices. EB Games in Aus charging 99 whilst JB HI FI charging 79.

I think something people expect to much in games. 22 and now 24 will be the best looking games we have ever had and whilst I still think for pure fun Shane Warne and Brian Lara cricket was my favourites they don't stack up to these games for depth in modes and obviously graphics. No one else is going to make these games so I will still purchase it and as I said I have always found a game is what you make of it.

How can you comment on the AI and animations etc on this game you haven't played it or seen gameplay with you

How can you comment on the AI and animations etc on this game you haven't played it or seen gameplay ?
I agree with you 100%. We should appreciate them for doing what they’re doing. I see most of us criticizing them.

Remember that if Big Ant stops making these cricket games, then we are stuck with cricket 24 for I don’t know how long. So let’s give a constructive feedback rather than criticism!!

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I agree

I agree with you 100%. We should appreciate them for doing what they’re doing. I see most of us criticizing them.

Remember that if Big Ant stops making these cricket games, then we are stuck with cricket 24 for I don’t know how long. So let’s give a constructive feedback rather than criticism!!
The criticism has often been constructive. Most of the issues people are pointing out that they dislike give the developer every clue what sort of things to focus on. If developers are on here and seeing what people don't like and/or that they find those elements of what they're doing to be rubbish, surely that is useful feedback. Just as much as when some people have pointed out that the screenshots were generally good, that would clue them in that graphically it does look reasonably better, and that they are on the right track.

(However THAT Playstation India video was astoundingly bad, how anyone could possibly not think that was a mistake is beyond me! Nacon should be addressing that immediately and assuring their audience that it was an early build without delay, if it was of course!)

You need both positive and negative opinions and comments to build up the picture of an ideal direction overall.

Aside from all that, none of us can tell others how to feel about it. If others are enjoying what they've seen so far, I'm envious of them.

Users who are viewing this thread