Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Cheers @blockerdave and @WealeyH nice to hear opinions on the reality of this from respected voices.

Sounds like C22 on release - potential there but miles away from being what it could be.

If they patch it to a decent level i might buy down the line, but at the moment, nah, it simply isnt worth the money.
Yeha, This is where I am and have just explained it to my GF so I have someone looking disapprovingly at me if I accidentally try to impulse buy it.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Tis a real shame that I'm going to have to wait a while to get a 600 ball 50* with Nick Browne on this game but I cannot, in all good conscience, buy a game that is better in some areas and worse in others than the one I already has that still has better community potential and isn't going to be tinkered with to a point where forward defensives might accidentally disappear.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They had more than 3 months to test the game right? Hope they can fix all this within a week or two. Bat on ball is horrible and sounds like nail clippers.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok so here goes...

Firstly ill start off by saying I actually really liked what 22 turned into and had a lot of fun playing it. Sure, I had to tweak some sliders to create the perfect outcomes but I enjoyed it never the less and thats what the sliders are for.

Firstly this is 22.5 but thats not a bad thing. The gameplay is solid. The AI batting in tests in particular is solid and goes at a rate that you would expect and seems to vary depending on the size of the ground. Play at melbourne and your have run 4's and 3's play at Lords and seems to be more boundaries.

There is currently an issue with them all batting with the same style which I know is being fixed, but there is a bigger issue with a particular shot or maybe all the shots in general. They seem to trigger very late and certain animations dont get a chance to complete:

View attachment 284660
View attachment 284661

As you can see the ball has hit the batsmen before the bat has even come down. The first one on the arm was actually given out LBW then over turned!

The AI wont just smash it aerial and will vary their shots and nick singles when they can. THIS IS JUST HOW 22 PLAYED so its nothing new but it would of been foolish to scrap it.

One new animation was this:

View attachment 284663

Usman was off and running while still playing the shot. Didnt look bad in fairness.

Bowling is the same, bit moe swing early on in England then died down, but way more seam moveemnt on a grassy deck. Again all great.

I do think the graphics to an extent look a bit better, certainly the grass, on the flip side the stadiums may look worse? Not sure.

AUDIO!!!!

Something is very odd with the audio and heres a few weird things i noticed

• Ball on bat is louder in Broadcast 3 cam to Broadcast 2
  • The Ball on Bat sound in general is horrible
  • Ball onto stumps is HORRIFIC - Like god awful
  • WEIRD ONE - Put my headset on and inbetween balls during the cut scene I heard " come on lads back the bowler, back the bowler" thought it was quite cool, but never heard it again and had to turn the hearing aid up to max to hear it and turn the commentators off.
  • If you bowl a no ball the crowd go - OHHHHHHHH like a gasp. This would make WAY more sence if that was to a play and miss. For a play and miss they do naff all.
  • When a fielder slides on the boundary the crowd cheers reasonably enthusiastically they also do the same cheer when the ball goes over the boundary. But they never cheer when a batsmen nail a shot and its on the WAY to the boundary. I heard this once and it was decent then never heard it again.
  • Its almost like its all just jumbled up and not triggering at the right times.
  • There has been an attempt at some atmosphere as someone has been given a horn and they keep pissing the members off at Lords.
FIELDING

It is better - simple as that its better. But its simply a fix to the crap that was last years fielding.

Weird things still happen -

View attachment 284665
Dived and stopped the ball with the back of his palm. Effective but unorthadox.

The keepers need to stop diving about, just stay on your feet and catch the ball, even when fielders are throwing it back in they are diving all around the gaff.

Fielders also take this weird 2 step shuffle to the side before engaging in a chase for the ball.

One postive is that the fielders dont keep always smashing the stumps down when the user is bowling.

When your batting singles are still far too easy which is annoying and I still dont think id ever be bowled or done LBW.

This could be SUCH a good game . Really could but then 22 could of been incredible with a few tweaks. We just havent had any substantial in this game to take it forward.

If it gets some love and feedback is listened to it could be VERY good. Theres just silly things that were a problem in 22 that still exisit and I feel like a lot fo stuff has been ignored. I like the black theme for example but it doesnt match the HUD which just doesnt make any sense.

Only my initial thoughts.

@MattW
I would agree with almost all this except to say you’ve not really done justice to just how bad the sound is.

It’s not just about the sounds that are there being bad, it’s the sounds that aren’t too. Batsmen don’t call to run or to cancel the run. There’s no “well bowled” from the keeper… no in game voices. You can’t hear the announcer. None of the environmental sounds that would provide deep immersion in the other games when you would switch off the commentary are there. The commentary makes you think you’ve had a lobotomy - or makes you wish for one, at least.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I would agree with almost all this except to say you’ve not really done justice to just how bad the sound is.

It’s not just about the sounds that are there being bad, it’s the sounds that aren’t too. Batsmen don’t call to run or to cancel the run. There’s no “well bowled” from the keeper… no in game voices. You can’t hear the announcer. None of the environmental sounds that would provide deep immersion in the other games when you would switch off the commentary are there. The commentary makes you think you’ve had a lobotomy - or makes you wish for one, at least.

I would say though with a headset on. I could hear the announcer. I could hear the keeper or bowler calling for the throw.

But yeah it's pretty tragic.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anything noticeable in terms of pitch and ball behaviour improvements?
I’ve not played enough different conditions to say 100% but I think yes - more carry on harder pitches than soft.

There’s no visual wear on pitches as ever. If you choose to start on a day 2 pitch it’ll start with visual wear - but play from day 1 to day 2 and nada

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I’ve not played enough different conditions to say 100% but I think yes - more carry on harder pitches than soft.

There’s no visual wear on pitches as ever. If you choose to start on a day 2 pitch it’ll start with visual wear - but play from day 1 to day 2 and nada

Yeah and the carry stuff is how it was in 22.
Post automatically merged:

The new batting style that every cricketer on the planet has developed is doing little for me..

Also the AI play a bit more orthodox if you lower pitch bounce. Less back foot shots to full balls.

Also lower ball bounce and the ball don't fly in the air after a shot is played into the ground like a bouncy ball

joeb86

Club Captain
I would like to buy the game to try and encourage cricket games. But I think I’d like to know what’s being fixed/implemented and roughly when (to the nearest month would be good).

Like if audio improvements and sorting crowd is going to be days, I might get it this weekend. If it’s weeks away, I won’t bother for a while or at all

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Batting is very very easy even on legend hopefully AI is tweaked I was smashing them in the same spot time and time again and after 16 overs they had changed the field once

TommoN

Club Captain
Christ this game really is a dumpster fire. What’s even worse is that I’ve reached my limit of 2 refunds this year so I can’t even return it.

Zero of the gameplay issues fixed that have been in the last several versions. The literal only difference is that there’s a few more licenses. I’ve essentially dropped £50 on some DLC that I now don’t want to use.

Users who are viewing this thread