Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm also planning to see if they make it worth the purchase in upcoming months. Only then I'm gonna put my money in it. I have invested on them continuously since DBC14. I guess they have taken us for granted. So, yeah. BA needs to do better this time.

Trust me, its never worth it with BA. People are head over heels with DBC'14 but I found it to be mediocre too.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hmm.. That's interesting. For me, First test match Aus vs Eng, Lyon took 4 wickets in 14 overs for 39 runs on Green/Medium pitch, veteran difficulty. I'll try again on standard pitch & see if it is any different.
You're playing on which difficulty?
Ps5, veteran, hard bowling everything default

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Jesus wept.

This sounds worse by the hour. Glad i didnt bother, and you and @WealeyH took the financial pain for us :facepalm2:
Will expand on things more later - got a work call. But theres a decent game here and a couple of things that - in early sight - seem an upgrade.

But everything is undone by the hot mess that is every aspect of sound in the game that sucks the life out of all aspects of match play. It’s genuinely a disgrace - I know that’s an emotive word but this so beyond bad.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Tried a t20 game Mumbai Indians game keeps crashing. Again think it’s due to academy downloads and a conflict have to reinstall see if that works something definitely not right with the community downloads

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm really disappointed by career mode. That's all im interested in after a few plays of the Ashes. I really don't see them changing anything about career mode in future patches. I've been playing Cricket games since I was 11. I'm grateful that 39 years later there are still cricket games but Cricket Captain and C24 were all better a decade ago and nobody seems interested in fixing the faults n/m improving new things.

PGA Golf by EA isn't that great and neither is Madden24. Forums are full of complaints about them too. Same complaints pretty much on lack of bug fixing.
It seems to be an across the board thing in gaming. What is going on?

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Because you are playing on xbox and spinners are OP on Xbox version and not on PS5/PC
I'm on PC, not Xbox. Ball doesn't turn, yet the AI is nicking almost every 2 over or playing ugly across the line shot & getting bowled. I am gonna bump the difficulty up to hardest and see what happens.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Anyone know how to do a fresh install of game ? Mine keeps crashing I uninstalled and reinstalled and all my downloads and saves are still in game. I’m on Xbox series x. TIA

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Trust me, its never worth it with BA. People are head over heels with DBC'14 but I found it to be mediocre too.
DBC14 to be honest showed potential. What people with love for cricket can do for the game. I was really happy with ashes 19 tbh. That game had a fresh look and feel. Then it all went downhill. Now, they are just trolling with us.

I noticed a tweet from a guy to Ross few days before the launch that he will choose to buy other games if BA didn't reveal anything. And Ross replied, "No, you won't."

That shows how much over-confidence they have on their substandard delivery. And how big of a fool they consider us.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I may have gone and got this under the assumption that I can just write a persuasive statement to Sony for a refund within 14 days, if it's shit.

Started a test between Ireland and Pakistan (Abrar bowls LM by the way) and in all honesty it's not too bad but it's not great and it's most definitely not justifying of the AA price. Gameplay is smoother but the same old bugs really do it no favours in helping to disassociate itself from C22.

So far at lunch Pakistan are 107-2. I got a nice caught behind off Adair and a catch at silly mid on to White's legspin which I thought was off the toe but on replay it was just a badly timed flick straight to the fielder. There are some eyewatering C22 fielding moments (overhaul lol) and as Blocker rightly says the ambient sounds are pretty non existent, like playing cricket in a vacuum. My biggest bugbear so far and how this got past QA testing is beyond me, is the application of the commentary, it is utterly, without exaggeration, indefensible.

This game is in a better state than C22 was when it was released but I'm not sure it is in a better state than Big Ant and the community got C22 to in the end.

I'll play some more when my 14 year old stops playing Siege but as it stands, I'll wait and see what comes with patches over the next week as to whether my persuasive writing skills will be required.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
♂️ This looks really ugly in realtime. Sliding wicketkeepers.
View attachment 284651
It gets even better when he starts sliding right through the stumps and the batsman. Some serious talent right there.

Earlier I was facing a pace bowler in club cricket, nicked the ball and it went straight to the 1st slip standing there frozen. Ball went right through his right arm and the keeper took the catch behind the slip. How?? Just... how??

Users who are viewing this thread