Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Obviously I'm playing the Day One version on Xbox. But honestly the small go (not even 15 overs) I had felt better than I expected.

Some of the new shot animations for batting look lovely, and the fact the game plays at 60 is a nice experience.

Visually the game seems nicer than Cricket 22 but some player likenesses are stuck in the Xbox 360 era, but texture quality on the licensed kits look far better in 4K HDR than a compressed YouTube clip.

Hopefully the monkeys bashing at keyboards can get a patch together that works on the console, then we see the gameplay improvements they actually promised us and we get some nice tweaks to audio and academy we've wanted since C22

issue

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just watched leaked real cricket 24 teaser and that looks lit lots of things they have added batting shot animations close to real life (not realistic) , celebrations, stumping animation are just super.if a mobile dev is making game more playable why can't PC games are better Bigant do better.Hope real cricket start PC games too in future

Last edited:

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just watched leaked real cricket 24 teaser and that looks lit lots of things they have added batting shot animations are close to real life , celebrations, stumping animation are just super.if a mobile dev is making game more playable why can't PC games are better Bigant do better.Hope real cricket start PC games too in future
Yes but they are also on the same track they haven't added anything New in 24 it's almost a copy paste of Rc 22 atleast BA announced that their focus is Licensed stuff for C24

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes but they are also on the same track they haven't added anything New in 24 it's almost a copy paste of Rc 22 atleast BA announced that their focus is Licensed stuff for C24
But I Agree as mobile Game developers they have done brilliant job so many bowling actions , batting styles just like official ones are there and batting shots are Almost identical to Real life, Stumping is x1000 times better than C24 overall a very good game

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
license doesn't bring anything to gameplay but if you see other than that ,gameplay is king in real cricket compared to C24 , i play most of time Real cricket 22 because of game play

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
license doesn't bring anything to gameplay but if you see other than that ,gameplay is king in real cricket compared to C24 , i play most of time Real cricket 22 because of game play
You couldn’t kick back and play 4/5 hour test on real cricket though could you ? I watched the trailer and thought omg this looks unbelievable the graphics the stumpings the atmosphere the shots and then I watched gameplay and looks as I thought it would not so clever. I still look back at DBC14 and wish for an updated version the lighting, bodies on players, variety of wickets and pitch wear look
Unbelievable

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
For some reason I put the commentary back on for a 50 over game I was playing. Gilly spent the entire time convinced I was playing a T20.

You wonder how glaring things like that get overlooked.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I see that it’s the time of the month where there’s some plug-ins for the mobile game of cricket….

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
For some reason I put the commentary back on for a 50 over game I was playing. Gilly spent the entire time convinced I was playing a T20.

You wonder how glaring things like that get overlooked.
The odd thing he says isn’t too bad, but you’re right, most of the time it’s like he’s just saying the opposite of what is actually happening.

“It’s up, it’s going, it’s going, and 6 off the free hit!”

No sorry mate, just a single to fine leg.

Recently I’ve been thinking that they need to just simplify it, like a ball will get bowled and you’ll have both commentators speaking over each other, most of the time saying different things and it’s just not needed, especially with it being so wrong.

I think it just needs to be a bit more like; action (hit ball) - event (4 runs) - commentary (“that’s a nice shot for four”)

At least that way it will have more chance of being accurate and then they can start to work on the “live” commentary once they’ve got the first part right.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The first ten or 12 overs the openers were very circumspect. After Jimmy and Broady were sent off they started opening the shoulders a bit to Woakes and Wood and rattled us a bit but with taking more shots came also more risk. Even contest and a good game and immersive play. It might just be getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread