Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Imagine if the commentary is fixed where commentators can share anecdotes or have an interactive discussion. It will definitely add up to the experience despite so many short comings. Ian Bishop, Nasser Hussain & Harsha Bhogle.
Absolutely.. they don't have to talk about every single ball event..they can just have a discussion
1. About their playing days
2. Comparisons with greats
3. Talk about the stadium where the game is being played
4. Techniques
5. Some banters
6. Sharing their experience
7. Create the excitement when the game is nearing to end
8. Talk about importance of fitness, routine and good habits

logout20

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Please Change
- player models the look like bamboo tree - cricket 19 player models were better
- Grass texture
- Tree and mountain textures - they look like from 2004
- Pitch/Soil texture
or atlest provide an option to replace textures

- ball doesnt hit outside grass outside stadium it goes inside ..

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Absolutely.. they don't have to talk about every single ball event..they can just have a discussion
1. About their playing days
2. Comparisons with greats
3. Talk about the stadium where the game is being played
4. Techniques
5. Some banters
6. Sharing their experience
7. Create the excitement when the game is nearing to end
8. Talk about importance of fitness, routine and good habits
Let’s bring this to everyone’s attention.

Please fix commentary. Add some enthusiasm.

For additional info, @matt2882 and team could watch highlights from India vs Aus at the Gabba in 2021. Commentary from that game was mind blowing

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We had this with the Codemasters games. It gets stale very very quickly. Its not worth the effort. If something could be done with AI to random create commentators musings it might work but other than that once you have heard Gilchrist telling you seven times what a joy it was to play with x you switch it off.
Post automatically merged:

Imagine if the commentary is fixed where commentators can share anecdotes or have an interactive discussion. It will definitely add up to the experience despite so many short comings. Ian Bishop, Nasser Hussain & Harsha Bhogle.

Having said that I could listen to Tony Greig on loop telling me about reverse swing until my ears bled and I would still have an erection.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I’m yet to see a sports game that has commentary as one of it’s strong suits. I thought one of the older NBA games had good commentary but most regulars called it stale and boring. It always becomes monotonous after a stage and I don’t see it becoming better unless AI develops a lot.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
BA will never win with commentary. It will never be interactive or have enough depth for some. Sports games struggle with commentary for obvious reasons.

I'd rather they ignored it and concentrated more on the game's AI and improving the general gameplay.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yeah I’m yet to see a sports game that has commentary as one of it’s strong suits. I thought one of the older NBA games had good commentary but most regulars called it stale and boring. It always becomes monotonous after a stage and I don’t see it becoming better unless AI develops a lot.
I enjoyed putting PES on commentary languages that I don't understand.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
So glad this one is over. My findings is as follow:

1. Run outs are broken as everyone knows by now
2. Not a single lbw or bowled wicket by my seamers.
3. Shot force have to be toned down a lot. Had it on 34 in this match and thinking of going to 25.
4. Although the last patch had a lot of positives I feel like the previous patch had better looking and more variety of wickets.

Another thing I noticed in a previous match is that AI striker timing does absolutely nothing. Played on 70 the first AI inning, adjusted it to 20 the 2nd innings with no change in AI behavior. Also upped the wicket chance where it actually looked like they played better lol.

View attachment 286106View attachment 286107View attachment 286108View attachment 286109View attachment 286110View attachment 286111View attachment 286112View attachment 286113View attachment 286114
Totally agree with all your points and particularly on Shot Force. I had mine on 35 and it's made little difference from where it was at on 50. So yeah, I'm considering 25-20 next myself.

Also noticing next to no lbw or bowled in the 2 player games we've been playing.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I thought MLB the show commentary was excellent

joeb86

Club Captain
Has anyone downloaded Bangladesh and Afghanistan teams that are accurate for kits etc but also don’t make them the best teams in the world…?

TommoN

Club Captain
Has anyone else found a fix for the proficiencies?

After a couple of games in career mode they all reset to 1 star for me?

And they’re so so slow to make progress on. You need like 125 points to go up a star. Halfway into season 2 and it’s gone up by about 5 points

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I enjoyed putting PES on commentary languages that I don't understand.

Gol gol gol gol gol gol gooooooooool!

I thought MLB the show commentary was excellent

Heard that one too but I’ve got no experience with their product. May be a first if there’s actually a sports game with quality commentary that doesn’t feel boring after a point.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Totally agree with all your points and particularly on Shot Force. I had mine on 35 and it's made little difference from where it was at on 50. So yeah, I'm considering 25-20 next myself.

Also noticing next to no lbw or bowled in the 2 player games we've been playing.

Forget shot force and lower batsmen power..

Users who are viewing this thread