Cricket 24 - General Discussion

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good you raised this point. They need to fine tune hard setting. Hard is too easy at times and hardest is too tough. We usually dictate the game for the realism and play in that sense, and also bowling to a left hander is still an issue. All the balls on the pad.

Not Only the Hard setting , No Field changes even you are hitting in same area

cricboi

Club Captain
Played 2 tests this weekend. Custom tournament where I replace one of the member teams with my custom squad of dudes I like.
Have to say that the overall experience was very good!
The batting was great. Left handed batters still get too easy balls to hit down the legside but for whatever reason the AI stops doing this after the 15th over. I'm not sure why this is the case, but scoring runs in the first 10 overs of a test are significantly easier than after. I'm not sure why but once you get to the 20th over the batting suddenly becomes legit difficult and the AI does well to build up pressure.
Bowling is also better but the spinners are still weird. It's not that we get 4-6 wickets per inning via spin (i'm cool with that), nor that the ball doesn't turn that much (such is life) but that somehow both are happening at the same time. Either have the ball turn more or make the AI better at spin.
Fielding is fine and less glitchy than ever. I still have to reset 3-4 times per inning after some strange run out but outside of that it actually feels good.
We have something really good at the moment and if a few other features can be tuned properly we might have finally arrived at a place that's a tier higher than 19/22.
If this is the case and the core gameplay is actually improved, then it means BA can focus all other energy on presentation/in-game features which might finally be due a real upgrade.

tl,dr: game is legit.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Played 2 tests this weekend. Custom tournament where I replace one of the member teams with my custom squad of dudes I like.
Have to say that the overall experience was very good!
The batting was great. Left handed batters still get too easy balls to hit down the legside but for whatever reason the AI stops doing this after the 15th over. I'm not sure why this is the case, but scoring runs in the first 10 overs of a test are significantly easier than after. I'm not sure why but once you get to the 20th over the batting suddenly becomes legit difficult and the AI does well to build up pressure.
Bowling is also better but the spinners are still weird. It's not that we get 4-6 wickets per inning via spin (i'm cool with that), nor that the ball doesn't turn that much (such is life) but that somehow both are happening at the same time. Either have the ball turn more or make the AI better at spin.
Fielding is fine and less glitchy than ever. I still have to reset 3-4 times per inning after some strange run out but outside of that it actually feels good.
We have something really good at the moment and if a few other features can be tuned properly we might have finally arrived at a place that's a tier higher than 19/22.
If this is the case and the core gameplay is actually improved, then it means BA can focus all other energy on presentation/in-game features which might finally be due a real upgrade.

tl,dr: game is legit.
So this is what, 3 weeks post release? Why not just delay the game for these few weeks and launch at the current state….it would have prevented the horrible reception, the harsh critical feedback and the general negative connotations….all by a mere 3 week delay. Why risk reputation and success for three weeks?

This is why proper play testing is so important, so much could have been avoided.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
@MattW
Below difficulty is

Batting Hard
AI LEGEND
Stadium Narendra Modi

Kohli 66(15) 8 six same direction ----- No Field Changing even regular hitting

How you are saying Test cricket is Improving . This is not test ------- TEST IS WORST Gameplay ----- EVEN THEY HAVE NOT PLAYED AND TESTED THE TEST AND RELEASED THE GAME

View attachment 286278

View attachment 286275
View attachment 286281
Your foot placement difficulty is at 56 now. Change it to 70 for first class matches and 80 for test matches, the see if you can score the same way.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So this is what, 3 weeks post release? Why not just delay the game for these few weeks and launch at the current state….it would have prevented the horrible reception, the harsh critical feedback and the general negative connotations….all by a mere 3 week delay. Why risk reputation and success for three weeks?

This is why proper play testing is so important, so much could have been avoided.
1. They wanted to cash in on World Cup fever.
2. they know the average fan will buy Cricket ‘26 regardless.

sphanlon

School Cricketer
What's the best way to take wickets this time? Spin or fast bowler? What strategy?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Could it depend on the stats of the sides involved and are any of them full of user created players etc?

I've had similar but not quite so severe results with teams I created in C'22 that worked fine in that game, but the stats seem to have gone up a bit in '24.

I've found several of my better batsmen with overall stats in the high 90's where originally they were high 70's - early 80's. When I'm playing in game, I'm finding several bowlers with a 99 overall when I'm selecting one to use where again they were all much lower 70s-80s. The fielding stats I'm finding could possibly explain the laser arms from the boundary I've been seeing too.

I'm making some alterations and rebalancing. Hoping to see some better results replaying with two tweaked sides later on.
I’ve only used Eng vs Aus so far always ashes series so definitely nothing to do with academy my end. So bizarre I’ve not changed anything at all including difficulty it’s always been the same I’m pretty sure I could of bowled another 100 overs and not got a wicket

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I am not sure that is the case. It couldnt have been avoided in my opinion. It is part of their ethos it seems: lets see how much we can get away with. If they released in three weeks it would be the same mess it was. The fact that there was so much negativity and input from people with knowledge of what is letting the game down has forced them to get there finger out and improve things.

I don't think we should underestimate the input the beta testers post release are having on the improvements to the game. They are on loop in their ears telling them what needs to happen to make the game better.

Its like a lazy cook: all the ingredients are there but couldn't be arsed so half baked the cake. Now the people who are eating the cake are telling them: back in the kitchen and bake the effing thing properly!

Something like that.:rolleyes:rolleyes

I will add that I do think there are some passionate and caring developers involved with the game, probably the vast majority. I know @MattW is genuinly passionate about getting the dream cricket game. But there are constraints from a higher level that are in my opinion counterproductive to the creative process. I know nothing about this of course and it is based on nothing than my own flawed perspective but that is the way it seems to me after watching from afar and being involved in beta processes right up to Cricket 22 which I left because of the way things were being done and especially the way that developers would get angry because you pointed out faults in their work. I called out right at the beginning of Cricket 22 that it was basically a copy paste job. Remember then that the big selling point was the overhauled fielding. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
the cricket 24 splash screen has gotten a lot less intruisive. There is still no need to have the c24 splashscreen popout after every shot especially in the replays package at the end of the match. It becomes especially stale rather quick,they should definitely remove it from the replay packages/highlights,small things like these make a difference in presentation.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Could it depend on the stats of the sides involved and are any of them full of user created players etc?

I've had similar but not quite so severe results with teams I created in C'22 that worked fine in that game, but the stats seem to have gone up a bit in '24.

I've found several of my better batsmen with overall stats in the high 90's where originally they were high 70's - early 80's. When I'm playing in game, I'm finding several bowlers with a 99 overall when I'm selecting one to use where again they were all much lower 70s-80s. The fielding stats I'm finding could possibly explain the laser arms from the boundary I've been seeing too.

I'm making some alterations and rebalancing. Hoping to see some better results replaying with two tweaked sides later on.
Just thinking about this again and I’ve recently downloaded around 40/50 academy teams all the county teams etc. would this effect the licensed player stats though ?

Users who are viewing this thread