Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, bizarrely, I just started an Ashes series.
1st innings I was bowling as England. No run outs!! 3 edges (1 to 2nd slip). 2 lbw.
1 bowled but it was off the boot. Was desperate for a clean bowled but not to be. 2 caught and bowled off awful balls that the AI messed up.

I had it on veteran difficulty.
Striker timing 70
Run rate 40 (they were all out for 230)
Wicket chance 40.

I must add that I didn't have a short leg in. Ever.
What physics setting do you use?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Idea to help - nerf all teams/players by 10/15 pts.

So the best players are rated 75 not 90, the middle players 65 not 80 etc, worst 50 not 70, would still create the difference in player skill but open up dismissal variation much more @smurfygray86

PJ13

Club Captain
Superman, short leg fielder. This is an example of the insane short leg fielding I see when bowling spin. Happens at least once an over.
I had one yesterday where my short leg caught a pull shot that was hit off a 143km/h delivery. Happened so quickly I didn't even realise it had happened.

PJ13

Club Captain
Batting is good very good intact now but I find bowling so boring and dull I’ve bowled over 500 overs over the past 3 days against Australia, New Zealand and even tried bowling at jersey to see if it’s the ratings I struggle against but apart from more plays and misses against the poorer team it’s just not fun at all no rewards for bowling well or to a plan and can’t be bothered messing with all the players skills, shouldn’t have to to have a fun game
I'm really enjoying the bowling on this game. Feels a lot less scripted to me compared to the previous game.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Idea to help - nerf all teams/players by 10/15 pts.

So the best players are rated 75 not 90, the middle players 65 not 80 etc, worst 50 not 70, would still create the difference in player skill but open up dismissal variation much more @smurfygray86
Yeh your right is there a best way to do it or simply have to go through each player one by one I tried doing Australia this morning but wouldn’t let me edit inside team management I think you have to do it in player manager I’ll have to write all players down and tick off 1 by 1

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Yeh your right is there a best way to do it or simply have to go through each player one by one I tried doing Australia this morning but wouldn’t let me edit inside team management I think you have to do it in player manager I’ll have to write all players down and tick off 1 by 1
It is a one by one job mate, but, I would recommend doing the following:
Go to Players > Filter and choose Men’s International > Then go through each of the ‘Roles’, batter, bowler etc. that way you can see how Smith compares to Root, and how they compare to someone like Paul Stirling

Also, I’d do the teams you are about to play with first, that way you spend less time doing it and you can see how it works. Then you can do the others as you play them.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
It is a one by one job mate, but, I would recommend doing the following:
Go to Players > Filter and choose Men’s International > Then go through each of the ‘Roles’, batter, bowler etc. that way you can see how Smith compares to Root, and how they compare to someone like Paul Stirling

Also, I’d do the teams you are about to play with first, that way you spend less time doing it and you can see how it works. Then you can do the others as you play them.
Thanks mate much appreciated

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Something that really annoys me is that you can edit a licensed players bat but not their gloves or pads so they rock up to bat with an accurate willow, some colorful kids gloves and WG Graces cast offs strapped to their legs.

robmfc1988

School Cricketer
Yeah, you can blame HBK for that one, he missed a number and gave him the wrong bat, this will be updated in the next patch.

As it comes to the other players we have been doing updates to a number of players with each patch as we work with our partners. Sometimes we do updates to them based on what we see online, I know we just did a Lauren Bell update to give her a M&H bat she's been using to go into an update.
Still not done on this current update

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Something that really annoys me is that you can edit a licensed players bat but not their gloves or pads so they rock up to bat with an accurate willow, some colorful kids gloves and WG Graces cast offs strapped to their legs.
It’s the reason I don’t play with current teams, everyone has their own littler immersion breaker and this is mine

Zain Qadir

School Cricketer
Hi guys, the game has been lagging for me the past couple days on xbox one s.
Has anyone encountered this?

Users who are viewing this thread