MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
For the benefit of those on here who can't get the Cricket Academy working on their PC, or just to show off your good shots...

First up -

Last edited:
Posting this after watching 1:30 of the video:-

Video looks absolutely amazing , Pretty sad that I've neither got a half-decent PC nor a gamepad :-/

Matt , There's more to batting than scooping :p (jk).

Matt , There's more to batting than scooping (jk).
Was trying to see what else you could do shot wise with the button pressed for unorthodox shots - I eventually found how to reverse sweep, not sure if that made this video.

Ironically, this is my favourite thing that has happened yet in my playthrough of the nets. If this isn't encouraging, I don't know what is:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the first half of the video and it seems that you were really having a tough time.

One thing that looked awkward was that if that batsman got bowled after coming down the track, he would still rush back to the crease avoiding the stumping. Maybe that animation doesn't make it to the final game. Now that Big Ant has taken some more time, I hope they fix such stuff.

he would still rush back to the crease avoiding the stumping. Maybe that animation doesn't make it to the final game. Now that Big Ant has taken some more time, I hope they fix such stuff.
I guess thats actually user controlled?

----------

The way the ball is spinning, it looks like to be a tennis ball stuff.:p

The batsmen goes back into his crease automatically for me. User input might mean he comes back sooner.

Nice

Ok i will admit when Ross said it would not be out in 2013 i was so gutted :mad.
But now after trying the nets in CA i was blown away with the wowness of the shots selections. And have changed my mind and can't wait to play this. As i have already pre ordered months ago. Thanks Ross :thumbs :cheers

Does it happen even when he times the ball perfectly?
There's no manual return to crease in the nets. In the game itself, you can press the cancel run button to hurry back, but they also would eventually go back.

Does it happen even when he times the ball perfectly?

Considering I have never executed it when I come down the wicket, I'm not the person to ask.

----------

There's no manual return to crease in the nets. In the game itself, you can press the cancel run button to hurry back, but they also would eventually go back.

I though that was how it worked. I remember you mentioning it after the play session but I hadn't tried it out yet.

@Quacktime ... that is a really genuine edge, looks really realistic and impressive :)

That is definitely what i've been hoping for, genuine edges!

@Quacktime ... that is a really genuine edge, looks really realistic and impressive :)

Everything is physics based, so the ball will behave like it should!

Cricket Academy Nets- Spin Bowling Preview

PS: Sorry for the Poor Batting performance.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Just had a very similar one myself - looks fantastic! :D

Users who are viewing this thread