Cricket Academy Now Available

@MattW do you not have aerobic and anaerobic fitness the wrong way around? Aerobic should be for short sprinting and Anaerobic for longer periods of time, if i recall my GCSE PE correctly anyway.
I have a sticky note under my monitor with aerobic/anaerobic fitness explained on them - simply because I constantly forget which one is which. Because of that, I'm fairly sure that they are the right way around, but I'll always be doubting myself.

According to the thing that pops up in the Google results when you look up Anaerobic Fitness:
"Anaerobic exercise is defined as short duration, high intensity exercise lasting anywhere from merely seconds up to around two minutes. After two minutes, the body's aerobic system kicks in. Examples of anaerobic exercise are ones that use fast twitch muscle fibers such as jumping and sprinting."

I have a sticky note under my monitor with aerobic/anaerobic fitness explained on them - simply because I constantly forget which one is which. Because of that, I'm fairly sure that they are the right way around, but I'll always be doubting myself.

According to the thing that pops up in the Google results when you look up Anaerobic Fitness:
"Anaerobic exercise is defined as short duration, high intensity exercise lasting anywhere from merely seconds up to around two minutes. After two minutes, the body's aerobic system kicks in. Examples of anaerobic exercise are ones that use fast twitch muscle fibers such as jumping and sprinting."

Hmm... ok. My understanding is when you start exercising you use aerobic respiration and once you've been exercising for a longer period of time you switch to anaerobic respiration. It's why you don't feel stiff after a short burst (since aerobic respiration doesn't produce lactic acid) and you do feel stiff after a long burst (because anaerobic respiration does).

However, it's 19 years since i studied this so I will not argue with the wisdom of mr google.

93 as an all rounder what would be the general caps on the attributes
You'll get mid 80s, with some high 70s by default, though you could juggle some other attributes - like fielding in particular positions - to boost all of the batting/bowling up to the caps, which are 85 for most batting aspects and 82 for most bowling aspects for a regular all rounder.

A player rated 80 in batting or bowling is going to be a very good player.

Hmm... ok. My understanding is when you start exercising you use aerobic respiration and once you've been exercising for a longer period of time you switch to anaerobic respiration. It's why you don't feel stiff after a short burst (since aerobic respiration doesn't produce lactic acid) and you do feel stiff after a long burst (because anaerobic respiration does).
I'm tempted to just rename them to something like 'Sprinting' and 'Long Distance' - just so that we can implement the intention without worrying about the correct terminology. I'm very happy for someone to correct me on which one's which - I'm fairly sure it's right, but I certainly don't know for sure, it's knowledge that disappeared from my head the moment I didn't need it for an exam.

You'll get mid 80s, with some high 70s by default, though you could juggle some other attributes - like fielding in particular positions - to boost all of the batting/bowling up to the caps, which are 85 for most batting aspects and 82 for most bowling aspects for a regular all rounder.

A player rated 80 in batting or bowling is going to be a very good player.

What about a player like Kallis who excelled at catching as well? My understand is that you would have to sacrifice fielding points to be a great all rounder. I also get he was an exception to the rule and players like him, sobers and botham are 1 in a million.

The ranges change based on the ethnicity type chosen, you can go wider with some ethnicity types over others. Overall we still think even with the base 1/6 ethnicity if you maximise certain things like nostril position as well as size, root and bridge position you can get something that looks fairly wide while still staying in the realms of realism.
thanks but most of the asian players are black in the community like saeed ajmal and virat kholi looks like westendies lol

My understand is that you would have to sacrifice fielding points to be a great all rounder.
Not entirely - you could just do something like decide they'll usually field in the slips or an inner circle catching position, and reduce the skills in the outfield. You could also achieve similar outcomes with things like reducing their bowling speed, picking a particular delivery or shot they aren't as good at and reducing those.

no u need atleast 4gb ddr3 ram and min 2 gb ddr5 graphic
Could you please not lie?

Okay great. The way it seems like this is going to be set up makes for a fantastic prospect. I do not think I have ever been more excited for any game, let alone a cricket game.

The thing that excites me and I really hope it is implemented is variety in the mocap.

Looking again at the academy in a bit more detail on the train home, I note when searching for teams that there was no multi generation teams in the set of "on disc" players.

I do hope the multi generational aspect is not lost. I've played almost exclusively with 80s and earlier or ATB teams

It's fine how it is, you had it right Matt.

I recall the way i used to remember the difference studying for my HSC, when i saw aerobic fitness I thought about those dumb fitness shows with all those girls dancing around in that stupid bright gear for LONG periods of time.

I swear I didn't watch them. >_>

An Aerobic exercise has a length of time sufficient enough that oxygen inhaled during the exercise gets to the muscles.

Anaerobic is short enough duration that the oxygen does not have time to get there during the exercise.

100m Sprint is an anaerobic exercise.

Marathon is aerobic.

An Aerobic exercise has a length of time sufficient enough that oxygen inhaled during the exercise gets to the muscles.

Anaerobic is short enough duration that the oxygen does not have time to get there during the exercise.

100m Sprint is an anaerobic exercise.

Marathon is aerobic.

nZ0k2uV.png

Graph of what you're saying for anyone interested.

Users who are viewing this thread