Batting and Bowling Practice ON THE SCG!!!! - now in the Cricket Academy

I played almost everything off front foot in DB14 apart from late cut, but I am finding that I cant play off back foot at all so far. I haven't seen too many bouncers. In fact I've seen more beamers than bouncers. also havent seen many short wide deliveries. So far it feels like there is little point playing off back foot as the ball is rarely short enough. The back foot movement could be a little less subtle perhaps, because the jumping to leg or off is a little extreme in my opinion.

The back foot movements are incredibly twitchy, and the lack of bounce make playing back extremely risky. Even the slightest deviation from the '6 o'clock' position' makes the batsman jump out of line. Sure it'll be fixed soon, the rest of the batting is incredible, coming down the track to a full toss and pulling it through midwicket is a highlight...!

Yep I am very happy with everything else so far.

Does the short pitch/long pitch trigger get locked once I press it or need to hold..
And I would like the same click to lock for fast and slow deliveries as well..

Its great upgrade from DBC14 to 17 some of the errors have been corrected.

BTW i have one problem playing in broadcast mode.After playing a shot while batting,after bowling once ball passes stumps...... frame rate drops anyone facing this problem or only me :(.I have GTX 980 graphics card on my machine.

Ok one more (re controls) - I think this is also due to how the back foot square cut is animated, there are times when the ball will actually bounce off your pad and then be hit by the bat. Thats a bit weird. Happened all the time with DB14. I've only seen it once in DB17 so far. I think its because we've obviously chosen a back foot cut shot but the ball isn't that wide.

Does the short pitch/long pitch trigger get locked once I press it or need to hold..
And I would like the same click to lock for fast and slow deliveries as well..
damn right
even i want only clicks for fast and slow deliveries
it is difficult to keep holding from one finger and also focus on bowling accurately with RS
and also there is no need for holding the RT or LT bcoz u know that speed will not increase gradually as you keep on holding
it will increase by one whole amount at the end
in case of a fast bowler it always gets increased from 151 kph to 158 kph if its a perfect delivery

the pc steam version is not optimized, so the frame rate will often drop. They are probably develeping the game on consoles.

Ok one more (re controls) - I think this is also due to how the back foot square cut is animated, there are times when the ball will actually bounce off your pad and then be hit by the bat. Thats a bit weird. Happened all the time with DB14. I've only seen it once in DB17 so far. I think its because we've obviously chosen a back foot cut shot but the ball isn't that wide.
also i think back foot square cut cannot be played for a four or six when the ball is very close to the body and short pitched
acc to physics u will edge it or at most can run it down to third man for one's and two's

I think the bowling speed should be more variable (randomized) currently it looks like there are 8 preset bowling speeds.
although there are only 8 preset bowling speeds but these do change only when the bowler's fatigue starts increasing
then these speeds get reduced but then also there will be these 8 preset bowling speeds
i think BA can vary the speeds
they have put RT and LT for fast and slow deliveries
and we have to hold it to do that
if they do it like hold RT and LT longer for gradually increasing or decreasing the speeds

I like how in DBC 17 the ball more or less goes to the area you wanted it to go. In DBC 14 while batting with a leftie, I always ended up playing a square cut when I intended to play a cover drive.
Also love the way fast bowler is hitting the deck. Bowling spin in co-op will be a treat.

P.S: That Francobaldo guy is crazy. BA should think about hiring the guy. Check out the Helicopter (Agricultural) shot mod he made for DBC17.

Users who are viewing this thread