Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colour me intrigued :) What is it about that game that impresses you so?

Well the gameplay works on every level. Like cricket it works in individual segments. The presentation is impeccable. The level of customisation in terms of settings to create the game that challenges you in the ways you want it to. The mechanics. The fact the game works superbly as either a single player or multiplayer game. The career mode is filled with detail and longetivity. The franchise mode is also excellent although we only played it for a bit, then regretted not starting it earlier :p

Pretty much gets voted best sports game every year, and it's just streets ahead of FIFA. It is a massive budget game though, and exclusive to PS3, but I was blown away by it and have it on order at $50 for when I've got spare time again. I never pay full price for a game, but I'm prepared to import a sports game for a sport I barely watch haha

Check out some gameplay videos of it, and read some of the reviews. Really is superb.

@kurtkz: This crash occurred after bowling out the opposition in the third innings of a test match (winning by an innings).

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I didn't manage to get through everything I wanted today, so I'm going to postpone the next update until Wednesday evening.

Cheers
Kurt

@kurtkz: Just have a suggestion about the records in a tournament/series, maybe you could have the averages and strike rates for the batsmen and bowlers (rounded to 2 decimal places rather than to the nearest whole number)

It would be great if there's a return button included when we select the lineup and the batting order and the page after that...

Also, matches played can be included in the stats.

Was playing (first time I've played and not simmed a match, love it!) a beach cricket game. Bangladesh v Australia. I was 5 down but, innings wasn't closed. I could select the next batsman who was already out.

----------

Sorry, it was hong kong sixes. :p

@itay128: Done :)

@User2010: No problem, I'll add the return buttons for the next release.

As always guys, if you feel like there's something that can be improved (be it simulation or action mode) give me a shout. There's a lot of work left to be done on the game and I'm always open to suggestions.

----------

@itay128: Hold up - I think I added the wrong thing...the tournament/series player records view should have that information already. Or did you mean that that information should be available in the leaderboards?

----------

@User2010: When you say "include matches in stats" - do you mean that you want to be able to view stats from played matches in tournaments/series?

Hi kurt any update on why the game wont work on my comp? Do you think the next update my have resolved the issue I was dealing with? I am very keen to give this game a good working through but am buggered as to why it doesn't get past the pitch texture building thingy...

@dutchad: I'm also a bit stumped really - I'll add a fix in the next release that should take care of it, but the pitch might look a little funky.

@User2010: When you say "include matches in stats" - do you mean that you want to be able to view stats from played matches in tournaments/series?
I meant it can also show how many matches a player has played in the current series.

Also, in case you missed this -

Was playing (first time I've played and not simmed a match, love it!) a beach cricket game. Bangladesh v Australia. I was 5 down but, innings wasn't closed. I could select the next batsman who was already out.

----------

Sorry, it was hong kong sixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread