Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I think I'll continue like I have been doing and afterwards, you can glance over my rosters and decide how you'll work that out because yeah, it's hard enough to alter everything so I think it's best for you to look over them after I finish and then decide how you'll do that.

And also, can you make 1 and 2 mean the same thing for both bowlers and batsmen in the order? Since I've noticed that if you have 2 number 1 batsman in the order, they'll just open with the best one of them and then the next best batsman or something like that, I think but they don't open with the other number 1. Same with bowling, or at least I think that's it since Steyn and Philander opened the bowling, even though Morkel was a better bowler since I think Steyn and Morkel were both set to 1.

----------

and btw, I think you should probably alter the spin because atm, it feels like a spin of 20 doesn't spin the ball one bit. Maybe it's just me and the previous 2d graphics that made it hard to see but still, it didn't seem like it was spinning.

----------

And put the basic info of the QLD players into the spreadsheet plus batting/bowling order and the spinners ratings (well there's only 3 spinners in the QLD team but still).

And also on an unrelated note, QLD do not have any recognised left arm bowlers and Chris Lynn is the only left armed bowler but I didn't set a rating for him. I just made Peirson left handed just because he's a WK and didn't have a bowling type set so just made the team look a touch more left handed in their bowling :p

----------

Anyway, break time. I'll get back to it this afternoon and hopefully finish Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania.

That's a good spot - I'll make the change. Hmm, let's test the new update first. It looks like the spinners get some turn, but I'm not sure if it's enough...

Just try it and see how much 20 and 10 gets.

If 20 gets a fair bit of turn, even on day 1 (although obviously not too much), then keep it like that. Otherwise maybe make some adjustments.

South Australia finished. Hopefully can get through Tasmania and Victoria tonight leaving me only Western Australia to do tomorrow and that will be easily managed and then I can have my week's holiday before I get working on the South African or New Zealand rosters, haven't decided which one yet. Although I think I'm going to do the rosters in this order:

Australia>New Zealand>South Africa>England>Sri Lanka>India>West Indies>Pakistan>Bangladesh>Zimbabwe

Then I'll probably look at doing the associate teams if I have time. But I'm just going to set myself some times to get these done by:

Australia: Tomorrow
New Zealand: 7th January
South Africa: 11th January
England: 25th January
Sri Lanka: 5th February
India: 21st February (not really sure, probably around then)

After that, I will have to focus on uni so getting through the others might not be as quick. But I want to have finished India by the time I start uni.

Don't worry. It's not like I really rush myself through these. Setting myself two teams in a 3 hour period approx. (3-6) allows me to work through them comfortably, means I can take breaks and can still easily get through my two teams and should I fall behind for whatever reason, I have enough time to get through four teams a day if I really wanted to, and I can go until 8 or 9 instead to do that. But yeah, I'm on a comfortable schedule with that.

If I really wanted, I could have all the rosters done by the time I go to uni but yeah, as you said, not much point burning myself out before I even start.

And totally unrelated but got ATAR (uni admission rank) results back today and got well above what I needed to get into the course I wanted to do (by about 13 marks actually so not really even close - 88.40 with 5 bonus points for my maths marks, when I needed around 80.00 to get into the course I wanted to do) :p

So yeah, not having to worry about getting into uni will mean I can focus a lot more on the game without having to worry about that stuff.

It certainly was the highlight of the test match. I reckon Wade should give up the gloves and become an all-rounder. Then drop Lyon and play another keeper :p

Will easily have the Australian rosters finished tomorrow. Finished Victoria and put all the Western Australia players in the spreadsheet and put in their personal information (age/hand/type). So just need to put in their actual abilities and then I'll send you the rosters.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - great work :) I'm going to hold off on incorporating the new stats into the public release, but I'll test them as you send them to me.

Just went through and added the Big Bash League teams to it and added all the players that are in the state team to their respective teams.

I've also made a list of the missing players from each of the squads and after I finish the Western Australia squad, I'll add all of the Australian out of state contract players that are a part of the BBL but I'll only add the overseas players as I do the country they are a part of.

So either, you can not bother with making the BBL teams just yet, or have the teams without the international players or add the default international players that you have made instead.

But just tell me what you want to do and that way I know whether to send you the list of missing players.

----------

And thanks for that :)

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Think I've done too much work tonight :p Although happy with my progress today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread