Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to up the run rate in simulation btw, I think there could be a fair few draws. (Controlling WA btw)

First Game:

New South Wales 289 a.o. in 107.3 overs (Maddinson 45, Haddin 45, Henriques 44, Gannon 3/57, Cutting 3/66, Hauritz 2/70) and 222/8 dec. in 82 overs (Haddin 59, Smith 45, Henriques 36, Cutting 3/37, Gannon 3/54, Feldman 2/61) drew Queensland 260 a.o. in 101.4 overs (Khawaja 85, Forrest 63, Burns 38, Bollinger 3/29, O'Keefe 2/59, Henriques 2/71) and 167/6 in 66 overs (Khawaja 39, Hartley 37*, Forrest 30, Bollinger 2/33, Hazlewood 2/36, Henriques 1/22)

----------

Also a note that the teams only used 5 bowlers in both innings. And especially with New South Wales who didn't even have one of their bowlers bowl, this is a problem.

Cool, I'll take a look at that too. The runrate might need rebalancing after the changes. I'm not sure why the spinners didn't bowl. Do you remember what the pitch conditions were like?

Well I managed to fearsome tweak up and simulate my own game so I had to restart the whole thing so here we go again. NSW vs QLD being simulated.

----------

Well the spinners bowled for Queensland. They only had 5 known bowlers to be fair. Hauritz bowled around the same amount of overs as the other pace bowlers. Just didn't pick up any wickets in the second innings. And Boyce only bowled 14 overs in the match. And O'Keefe bowled a lot of overs for NSW so the spinners did bowl, just not Zampa.

----------

Anyway, QLD vs NSW:

New South Wales 319 a.o. in 116.1 overs (Maddinson 73, Smith 71, Haddin 52, Cutting 3/53, Gannon 2/60, Hauritz 2/64) and 145/4 in 54.2 overs (Nevill 36, Rohrer 36*, Henriques 27*, Cutting 2/26, Gannon 1/30, Hauritz 1/35) def. Quuensland 251 a.o. in 101.1 overs (Khawaja 77, Lynn 49, Burns 42, Bollinger 6/35, O'Keefe 2/44, Henriques 2/51) and 212 a.o. in 79.5 overs (Forrest 66, Khawaja 44, Hartley 25, Hazlewood 3/43, Henriques 2/48, O'Keefe 2/49) by 6 wickets

----------

And it's more the bowlers that score really slowly and end up ruining the run rate.

Aaaah, OK, I think I might know the reason for that. I think Zampa's bowling ability is quite a bit lower than the rest so computer kept overlooking him. I'll increase the effect of fatigue on the bowlers and see if that helps.

----------

Should I make it so that the bowlers are more prone to go "six or sticks"?

Yeah, I assume so. And btw, you can't even play anymore. I pressed play when it was my game and the game just simulates anyway :/

Crap - let me check on that quickly.

EDIT: Bugger. I'll have to upload another patch. It wasn't resetting the quick sim status during a tournament.

Last edited:
What's the most realistic setting on that?

----------

Okay, third time lucky. And first game for the third time :p

New South Wales 282 a.o. in 106.1 overs (Maddinson 89, Rohrer 49, Haddin 46, Cutting 3/52, Gannon 3/59, Hauritz 3/64) and 224/5 dec. in 81 overs (Smith 65, Henry 51, Rohrer 36*, Feldman 2/43, Boyce 1/26, Cutting 1/47) drew Queensland 281 a.o. in 109.4 overs (Burns 58, Forrest 56, Lynn 51, Hazlewood 3/66, Bollinger 2/48, Henriques 2/51) and 175/4 in 60 overs (Forrest 89*, Hartley 34*, Townsend 27, Hazlewood 2/26, Henriques 1/38, Bollinger 1/42)

----------

oh, you didn't fix the sim issue -_-

----------

Well I decided just to play an exhibition 4 day game instead.

Western Australia vs Victoria @ Etihad Stadium

Western Australia:

1. Sam Whiteman
2. Liam Davis
3. Marcus North
4. Adam Voges*
5. Shaun Marsh
6. Travis Birt
7. Tom Triffitt+
8. Ashton Turner
9. Nathan Coulter-Nile
10. Nathan Rimmington
11. Michael Hogan

Victoria:

1. Ryan Carters
2. Chris Rogers
3. Aaron Finch
4. David Hussey
5. Glenn Maxwell
6. Peter Handscomb+
7. Cameron White*
8. Alex Keath
9. John Hastings
10. Jayde Herrick
11. Jon Holland

----------

btw, I find the camera view just a little too horizontal. I struggle to see the circle and I really have to sit in an awkward position to see it. And I can't see any option to change the camera.

----------

Okay, nvm, it's not too bad.

Hmm, you could probably set it to maximum. That way you get nice variations on pitch difficulty.

I'll fix up the sim this morning and try to get some of your other suggestions implemented too. I might not have time, but I'll see what I can do.

Hi guys,

patch v2.05 is available here:

- save/load multiple squads and lineups
- Australian domestic ODI (12 overs per bowler)
- tweaked simulation
- fixed auto squad selection
- tweaked selection policies for tests
- changed camera angle height (you can cycle through the cameras with key 1-5)
- tweaked shots
- changed bowling marker slightly
- fixed various minor bugs
- fixed new roster data (correctly sets short and long format stats)

Cheers!
K

Last edited:
I download the sim (v2.05) from the latest link provided by you but the exe itself isn't working for me. I use Win7 32 bit and have no other versions of this sim installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread