Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, first game:

New South Wales 294 ao. in 104 overs (Smith 60, Maddinson 49, Haddin 36, Hauritz 4/104, Gannon 2/35, Cutting 2/36) and 238/7 dec. in 84 overs (Smith 81, Henriques 44, Rohrer 34, Hauritz 3/87, Cutting 2/34, Feldman 1/31) drew Queensland 271 a.o. in 100.3 overs (Hartley 84, khawaja 66, Lynn 41, hazlewood 2/40, Bollinger 3/53, O'Keefe 2/65) and 200/5 in 69 overs (Khawaja 63, Burns 48, Lynn 42, Hazlewood 2/39, Henriques 1/28, Bollinger 1/41)

----------

Nope, doesn't work -_____________-

Just started playing with the new patch (2.03, haven't downloaded the later ones yet). I have to say, brilliant work on the camera angle. The game looks truly awesome and actually feels like cricket now. I will give my feedback later but just wanted to congratulate you on a brilliant job. However, On 2.03, the defensive shots don't go anywhere at all (they kind-of get stuck like there is glue on pitch :P )

Also, the game runs really fast now. For the first time I had to change the speed to Normal from Fast. Awesome update.

----------

Also, the Shot Editor is giving me this error when I select certain shots from the list:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '48' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at Cricket.ShotEditor.listBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5456 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Cricket
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Pathik%20Botadra/Desktop/CH3D/Shots%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:
Thanks, Pat :)

I'll check on the shot editor quickly since I haven't tested it for a while now. I'll also check on the defensive shots.

Maybe give 2.05 a try?

----------

Also, don't forget that you can change the camera angle with the keys 1-5.

wan to play the game

hi yesterday i have downloaded the game and tried several times to play the game but sometimes the game exits before running or before stating a match with an error log.tried lots of things like changed the game screen resolution and applied different setting to see it works or not.but the result in same.i desperately want to play the game i'm mentioning the error log below.

VERSION: 2.02
PROFILE: new

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Cricket.Main.GameStateVersus.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateVersus.cs:line 475
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11322
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2965

Yeah, well that's still a problem but I was talking about the fact the domestic season still wasn't working when you try playing after simming the first game.

Some feedback on 2.05:

Defensive shots are fine on 2.05 for the most part (still, on some occasions, the ball gets stuck in the pitch). I love the default camera angle. Some feedback:

1. In India Domestic T20 League, it should be possible to select more than 4 international players in the squad. The squad selection does not allow picking more than 4 (the restriction should be 4 intl players in the playing 11).
2. Also, if I try to play Asia Cup, the squad selection only shows 11 players which means I can neither go back, no forward and have to force quit the game.
3. Simulation speed while playing is still not as fast as simulations run directly. I guess you tried to make it faster, but there is a huge difference between the two. (Direct simulations can simulate a T20 - 40 overs in 45-50 seconds, simulations in-game take close to 5 mins to complete)
4. I am kind of struggling at the moment (playing after a long time :D). I think playing spinners is a tad too difficult. Lost most of my wickets to spinners. The most awkward dismissal being a flick/leg glance against a spinner getting caught by wicket-keeper down the leg-side. Lost 3 wickets this way. I guess the leg glance direction especially against the spinners needs to be tweaked.
5. On drives, more often that not, result in inside edge on to the stumps. This happens way too often even in Beginner difficulty.
6. I was simulating a match in Indian T20 league and then quit the tournament. When I then selected exhibition and tried playing a match, it automatically started simulation even though I did not select "simulation" option.
7. The game became really glitched and unplayable after DRS was used for caught-behind. The match view moved to the top right quarter of the screen and I could only see skies. I had to manually quit the game.

Feature Request:
1. Is it possible to have one more camera angle which is slightly zoomed out version of current bowler angle? That way, I guess, we should be able to see more the field while playing shots. Or if possible, provide user-controlled zoom levels for camera angles.
2. Is it possible to stop the "wicket-keeper coming slightly forward and throwing the ball back to the bowler" animation after each delivery? It kind of feels irritating. Not a biggie, but just wanted to say :p

6. I was simulating a match in Indian T20 league and then quit the tournament. When I then selected exhibition and tried playing a match, it automatically started simulation even though I did not select "simulation" option.

Fairly certain that's fixed in 2.06.

@hedger: Hmm, that's weird - can you give me some more details please? I can simulate matches...maybe send me a saved game from that tournament?

@Pat: Thanks for the feedback, I'll see if I can get all those issues fixed up today or tomorrow. You can try v2.06 for the spinners. It should fix leg glances against them.

----------

@Pat: Do you remember which team only had 11 players in the Asia cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread