Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I am the first one to report it, but the game works fine on Windows 8. After installing the game, when I tried running the game executable, Windows said it cannot run the game since it is from an unidentified developer, but you have to choose "Run anyway".

After that Windows 8 was smart enough to detect that the game needs .net runtime libraries and it prompted me to download it, which I did. I had no problems running the game after that (except that the game plays slightly slow since the machine I installed it on is a MacBook Air with Intel onboard graphics). I am pleased none-the-less and will probably be updating my desktop to Windows 8 too.

Btw, I am still getting crashes when trying to play with India or Pakistan.

RUN @ 1/4/2013 3:19:01 AM

VERSION: 2.10
PROFILE: pat

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Cricket.Main.GameStateVersus.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Should I set Luke Ronchi as Australian or New Zealand nationality. As he is eligible to play for New Zealand in 9 days?

Nearly finished the New Zealand rosters though.

----------

New Zealand rosters finished. Just tell me what you would like me to do with Ronchi and then I'll send you them.

@Pat: That's pretty awesome. I need to update the online guide at some point and this will definitely be going in the the troubleshooting section.

I'm not sure why Pakistan vs India isn't working for you...are you by any chance running it from a saved game? If not, your team roster is most probably corrupt. I'll send you a proper in a bit.

@hedger: He should probably be made NZ - I'm almost certain he's going to start for them as soon as he's qualified :) Also, great job on the rosters so far!

I'm still busy testing changes so the update isn't quite ready yet, but it's getting there. The new animations aren't done yet either but I should get them by next week. I'll probably hold off until then to do another release.

I'm almost certain he's going to start for them as soon as he's qualified

haha, just had a chat with my dad before about how they'd be wanting to get him in as soon as he qualifies :p

Especially as he's averaging around 75 in FC cricket this year and in their last FC match, they lost by 6 wickets but he took 8 catches in the match (6 in the first innings) and made 113 in Wellington's first innings when they only made 206 all out and scored 108 in the second innings, following on when the team made 390 all out.

4/6 teams done. I think I regret doing them all at once but I'm glad most of it is out of the way and I'm now way ahead of schedule and will give me the chance to take a couple more breaks during the English rosters, or take my time on them.

Nope. Same issue persists. I did change some stats through the Editor, don't know if that is corrupting the db.

RUN @ 1/5/2013 5:39:33 PM

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateVersus.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)

----------

Update: Restored the teams.bdb and players.bdb from Patch 2.10 but still the game crashes.

RUN @ 1/5/2013 5:45:51 PM

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Cricket.Main.GameStateVersus.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2)

These crashes were all on a New game, not on saved games.

^^Sent you the files.

Another crash when AI batsman was hit on the pads or at least it looked like he was going to get out.

RUN @ 1/6/2013 2:44:34 AM

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.WicketCaught(BallCollision bc)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)

btw, for the English counties, should I go to the effort of finding out the main overseas player and not the reserve player or just put both in and have you change it so that you're only allowed one in the starting XI. I'd prefer the second option though.

Well Derbyshire's finished. Just doing Durham now and just realised I missed Phil Mustard as a T20 only player for Auckland. And I know I'm going to forget by the end so someone remind me when I get close to finishing these English rosters.

----------

And Dimitri Mascarenhas for Wellington as well...

----------

I think I'm going to murder the ECB for allowing mid-season transfers in county cricket x_x

I'm just going to put in the clubs they were playing for at the start of last season otherwise it will be too much work.

----------

And Mitchell Claydon for Canterbury. I really do hate cricinfo sometimes....

----------

And it doesn't even show Paul Collingwood in the actual Scorchers squad on cricinfo... Can I murder someone yet? (And who to murder and where to find him as well would be nice).

Either way, Collingwood will be put into the Scorchers side. Whether you want to put a default Collingwood into the Scorchers side for the time being is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread