Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back again with another issue :)

Not sure if it's common, or just mine. I've created a couple of custom teams, but it doesn't seem to want to sim, just keeps crashing. Any help on this?

@hedger: You're finishing these teams at an impressive pace :) I think it'll go a looong way towards making the game more realistic.

@KingRizzy: Did you add flags for the new teams?

Hi guys,

I'm still busy testing - I've just signed off on pitch deterioration in tests (again). Foot marks start building up over the test and have a tangible effect on the ball physics. Puffs of dust will also appear if the pitch is sufficiently worn down (pitches in Asia will deteriorate a lot faster than pitches elsewhere).

Buko also sent me the first batch of new animations:

- reverse cup catch
- palm-up catch
- slip catch
- from dive -> standing

and these have been integrated in to the game. I'm still waiting on the all the new animations but I should get them by Friday.

There's been quite a few bug fixes and lots of tweaking. The new rosters are also very impressive, but I might need to tweak the simulations slightly.

I should be ready with a new update on Saturday (possibly sooner if I get the new models before Friday).

Excellent news Kurt. Were you able to find what the issue is with my teams/players db?

While we are it, I wanted to bring forward few more issues I encountered:

a. If you set a custom field and move a fielder, say from slip to cover, the fielder continues looking in the same direction and not towards the pitch.
b. When you get a spinner to bowl with a custom field, the slips are placed way behind, almost short third-man'ish.
c. Team/Line up selection is confusing and probably buggy too. I cannot save the lineups/order to the same file. Even if I select a previously saved entry in the "Save team/order/line up" screens, it ends up creating new entries every time I save and does not overwrite. Ideally, the "default lineup and order screen" should come up only once per team and then going forward you can give a button in team selection to change the default lineups/order, so people can change it only if needed.
d. Question: Is it possible to get a batsman out caught bat-pad against spinners?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's actually a bug in the game itself :/ Fixed it up, but I'm trying to hold off until this weekend to release a new version.

----------

@Pat: I'll fix up those issues, thanks for the feedback :)

It is possible to get caught bat-pad, but it probably happens too infrequently at the moment. I'll check the physics again to see what's going on.

Thanks Kurt. Really excited about the new animations. If you don't mind, can you reveal what are the new animations getting added to the next release?

Sure thing:

-slip catch
-palm-up catch
-reverse cup catch
-rework of pull, hook and backfoot on-drive animations
-batsman struck on head
-batsman struck on body
-batsman struck in midriff
-scoop/paddle shot

----------

I've also got animation blending in there now, but it's only used for 2 specific scenarios at the moment:

- batsman plays a shot and decides to leave the ball late (this is new functionality) -> this blends between the shot you played and a leave/duck

- batsman plays a shot and gets hit on either the head/body or midriff -> this blends between the shot you played and the appropriate "pain" animation :)

Sure thing:

-slip catch
-palm-up catch
-reverse cup catch
-rework of pull, hook and backfoot on-drive animations
-batsman struck on head
-batsman struck on body
-batsman struck in midriff
-scoop/paddle shot

----------

I've also got animation blending in there now, but it's only used for 2 specific scenarios at the moment:

- batsman plays a shot and decides to leave the ball late (this is new functionality) -> this blends between the shot you played and a leave/duck

- batsman plays a shot and gets hit on either the head/body or midriff -> this blends between the shot you played and the appropriate "pain" animation :)

Sounds great :clap
One request I have for a future release is to have a dab shot button. Basically, allow user to just dab/softly play the ball in any direction (kind of like a defensive push). Currently, defensive shots can only be played straight. This can help take quick singles in the gaps in the field and that too at almost no risk. This would add a new dimension to the game. I am not sure if you would need new animations for these, but just wanted to share my thoughts :)

@Pat: Hehe, yup new animations would be ideal but I'll make do without for now :)

The only thing I'm worried about is the number of keys needed. I could possibly do a key combination to do a dab shot?

At some point I need to request animations for lofted shots as well...

Rather than using combos, I would suggest using a separate key. IIRC, even International Cricket 2010 had a different key for dab shot.

Since we have:
A - front-foot shot
B - back-foot shot
C - lofted front-foot shot
D - lofted back-foot shot

you could add 2 more keys:
E - front-foot dab
F - back-foot dab

These two keys in conjunction with the direction keys will allow user the play the ball softly in any direction.

Sure thing, I'll make the updates :)

Animation idea for the interim: I'll keep the defensive animations for now and just rotate the batsman to more-or-less face the angle of the shot? Or should I play the normal shot animation instead?

Sure thing, I'll make the updates :)

Animation idea for the interim: I'll keep the defensive animations for now and just rotate the batsman to more-or-less face the angle of the shot? Or should I play the normal shot animation instead?

It would be great if you can tilt the batsman towards right or left depending on the angle of the shot. If a dab shot is played fine behind the wicket, don't tilt the batsman too much i.e. keep a max limit that a batsman can tilt otherwise it could end up looking weird :p

And yes, defensive shot animation would look better IMO.

Last edited:
Agreed :) I think for shots in front of the of the wicket I'll play the defensive animation with rotation. Behind the wicket will be either a late cut or a leg glance. Yay or nay?

Sounds like the best option until there are special animations for the dab shots. :thumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread