Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

v2.11
is now available to download. Please check out the ingame help for the new combinations as I still need to update the guide on the website.

Changelog:

- can pull out of a shot by pressing S
- AI pulls out of dodgy shots
- fixed many fielding bugs
- tweaked batting
- tweaked AI
- tweaked difficulty
- improved speed (marginal)
- new NZ and RSA rosters
- fixed pitch deterioration in tests
- fixed puff of dust for rough
- added Umpires Call to LBW referrals
- added dab shots (B5/6)
- added scoop shot
- new animations
- fielders now throw with dominant hand
- reworked how settledness is calculated
- speed optimizations
- fixed umpire stats
- fixed body/pad collisions
- updated ingame help with extra batting info
- fielders diving can now hold on to ball
- removed frame skip (normal speed now = fast speed in previous versions)
- fixed keeper dives
- added challenge matches
- AI now sets silly point/short leg for spinners

Please keep in mind that this is a fairly substantial update and in all likelihood I might've broken something (or multiple things). That being said, I'd love your feedback on the new features.

Cheers
K

Seems like a solid release so far. Few issues encountered:

1. Crash once when playing a game (no major event had occurred when it crashed).
RUN @ 14-01-2013 02:17:41

VERSION: 2.11
PROFILE: pat

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\InningStatistics.cs:line 3452
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.NextBall() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 4384
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.UpdateFielders(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 7638
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 15875
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 12007
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3301

2. Game speed: Speed fluctuates a lot, not sure why. When you start a game, sometimes the speed is very fast (enjoyable: it's a great challenge playing against quicks) while on other occasions game runs pretty slow. In either case, the speed remains consistent just like it was when the game started. Sometimes quitting the game and restarting helps improve speeds, sometimes it worsens it. Also, Speed in net practice is insanely fast. Had to change speed in settings to Very Slow, but it was still quite fast :p

3. Ball Bounce: Ball bounce off the wicket seems to be fine but the wicket-keeper has to jump in the air to collect every single ball. Might need to tweak the bounce after the ball crosses the wickets.

4. Test matches: Free hits awarded after a no-ball in test-matches.

5. Shots: Not played extensively, but it feels like leg-side shots have become very difficult to play. Most of the shots attempted to be played on the leg-side end up going to the off-side (not sure if they were edged). Leg-side aerial flick results in sixes over the third-man region. Can't connect any dab-shot played square or behind the wickets. Only straight and off-drive dab shots work.

6. Big one: Game refuses to start after playing and quitting 5-6 times. Error:
RUN @ 14-01-2013 02:56:54

PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Unable to find an entry point named 'glGenBuffers' in DLL 'opengl32.dll'.

STACK TRACE: at Tao.OpenGl.Imports.GenBuffers(Int32 n, IntPtr buffers)
at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glGenBuffers(Int32 n, Int32[] buffers)
at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.set_IsStatic(Boolean value) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 2447
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Field.LoadStadium(String name) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Field.cs:line 435
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2955
I am sure a reboot will fix this but I suspect resource de-allocation might not be happening correctly which is resulting in slower performance at times as well along with this issue.

Uh, the ball just hit the stumps and then rolled to the boundary, through the boundary and then under the stands... So I got to see the inside of the stands xD

Is that supposed to happen? :p Might be a little hard to find the ball after that :P

----------

3. Ball Bounce: Ball bounce off the wicket seems to be fine but the wicket-keeper has to jump in the air to collect every single ball. Might need to tweak the bounce after the ball crosses the wickets.

Yeah, slow down the vertical acceleration so that the ball drops a little quicker if that's the case, haven't really noticed it since I've only played one over and wasn't paying much attention :p

Code:
RUN @ 1/13/2013 6:05:56 PM

PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Parth\Downloads\Full\Full\models\stadium\stadium-test2'.

STACK TRACE:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Field.LoadStadium(String name) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Field.cs:line 424
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 2955

Done and got this error when started with quick match

Code:
RUN @ 1/13/2013 8:26:47 PM

PROFILE: Parth

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.BeginRender(Boolean texturize) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 2288
   at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.RenderStatic() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 2471
   at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.Render3D(Vector3D rotate, Vector3D translate, Camera camera, String animation, Single frame, Boolean flipX, String prevAnimation, Int32 prevFrame, Single tweenTime) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 2497
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Field.RenderStadium(GameInstance instance, Single ratio) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Field.cs:line 968
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 9752
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11902
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3301

Okay, we're preparing for the second test between Australia and South Africa. Australia hold a 1-0 lead going into this test. Here's the scorecards of the first test.

South Africa 1st Innings - 216 a.o. (96.3 overs)

Smith c. Hilfenhaus b. Pattinson 10 (14)
Peterson c. + Wade b. Lyon 52 (91)
Amla b. Lyon 18 (75)
Kallis c. + Wade b. Hussey 29 (120)
de Villiers+ b. Voges 50 (119)
Duminy c. Clarke b. Hilfenhaus 6 (39)
Rudolph b. Hussey 8 (21)
Philander c. +Wade b. Starc 17 (54)
Steyn c. +Wade b. Starc 10 (40)
Morkel b. Watson 2 (11)
Tahir not out 0 (2)

Bowling:

Hilfenhaus 1/44 (20) - 9 maidens
Pattinson 1/44 (17) - 2 maidens
Starc 2/32 (18.3) - 7 maidens
Watson 1/12 (6) - 2 maidens
Lyon 2/37 (18) - 3 maidens
Voges 1/27 (11) - 2 maidens
Hussey 2/16 (6) - 2 maidens

Australia 1st Innings - 296 a.o. (97.4 overs)

Cowan b. Morkel 10 (24)
Watson c. Duminy b. Steyn 35 (71)
Quiney b. Steyn 24 (61)
Clarke b. Tahir 23 (49)
Hussey b. Morkel 56 (106)
Voges c. Duminy b. Steyn 100 (162)
Wade+ c. + de Villiers b. Morkel 7 (16)
Hilfenhaus c. Tahir b. Philander 28 (56)
Pattinson lbw b. Kallis 6 (23)
Starc not out 3 (10)
Lyon run out 1 (8)

Bowling:

Philander - 1/55 (18) - 4 maidens
Steyn - 2/85 (26) - 5 maidens
Kallis - 1/63 (23) - 5 maidens
Tahir - 1/23 (9) - 3 maidens
Morkel - 3/67 (21.4) - 5 maidens

South Africa 2nd Innings - 290 a.o. (114.4 overs)

Smith b. Hilfenhaus 21 (39)
Petersen b. Starc 86 (205)
Amla c. + Wade b. Pattinson 20 (39)
Kallis c. Hilfenhaus b. Lyon 25 (61)
de Villiers+ b. Voges 48 (131)
Duminy b. Voges 19 (42)
Rudolph b. Hussey 4 (10)
Philander b. Lyon 31 (73)
Steyn c. Pattinson b. Voges 11 (59)
Morkel b. Voges 3 (13)
Tahir not out 6 (18)

Bowling:

Hilfenhaus 1/73 (24) - 2 maidens
Pattinson 1/56 (18) - 2 maidens
Starc 1/46 (21) - 7 maidens
Lyon 2/51 (21) - 1 maiden
Voges 4/27 (19.4) - 5 maidens
Hussey 1/12 (5)
Watson 0/13 (6) - 2 maidens

Australia 211/7 (84.5)

Cowan b. Kallis 4 (8)
Watson c. + de Villiers b. Morkel 18 (55)
Quiney b. Morkel 14 (41)
Voges not out 100 (221)
Clarke c. Amla b. Kallis 23 (39)
Hussey lbw b. Philander 2 (6)
Wade c. Steyn b. Philander 31 (102)
Hilfenhaus b. Philander 2 (19)
Pattinson not out 17 (18)

Bowling:

Philander - 3/33 (17) - 8 maidens
Steyn - 0/85 (23.4) - 5 maidens
Kallis - 2/40 (16) - 4 maidens
Tahir - 0/16 (8) - 2 maidens
Morkel - 2/50 (21) - 5 maidens

Australia 296 a.o. (Voges 100, Hussey 56, Morkel 3/67, Steyn 3/85) and 211/7 (Voges 100*, Wade 31, Philander 3/33, Kallis 2/40) def. South Africa 216 a.o. (Petersen 52, de Villiers 50, Hussey 2/16, Starc 2/32) and 290 a.o. (Petersen 86, de Villiers 48, Voges 4/27, Lyon 2/51) by 3 wickets

MOTM: Adam Voges (100 off 162, 100* off 221, 1/27 off 11 and 4/27 off 20)

Second Test coverage coming soon

----------

South Africa made 3 changes to the side that lost to Australia, with Faf du Plessis coming in for JP Duminy, Dean Elgar in for Jacques Rudolph and Robin Peterson in for Imran Tahir. Australia also made two changes, with Rob Quiney and James Pattinson being dropped for Phil Hughes and Jackson Bird.

Australia:

1. Ed Cowan
2. Phil Hughes
3. Shane Watson
4. Michael Clarke*
5. Adam Voges
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade+
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Jackson Bird
11. Nathan Lyon

South Africa:

1. Graeme Smith*
2. Alviro Petersen
3. Hashim Amla
4. Jacques Kallis
5. AB de Villiers+
6. Faf du Plessis
7. Dean Elgar
8. Robin Peterson
9. Vernon Philander
10. Dale Steyn
11. Morne Morkel

Watch Out For:

Adam Voges - He was the legend on debut, scoring a pair of centuries, along with 5 wickets. He'll be key for Australia in this test.

Jackson Bird - The Tasmanian quick will debut for Australia and is a very handy bowler. With good line and length, the Saffers batsmen will do well to play him off

Faf du Plessis - He's ready for the step up to International level and with the dropping of JP Duminy, he will have his chance to shine. While he has proved himself in the ODI format, he will need to show his worth in the test arena.

AB de Villiers - The keeper batsman struggled in the first game, scoring 50 and 48, but he didn't look comfortable and came unnaturally slow. The time at the crease could prove vital though and he could be in for a big score.

Toss: Australia (Elected to Bat)

----------

I think the game's just taken a step backwards. I swear every shot goes to the same place now. Perfect timed leg glance, goes to mid-off... Late leg glance gets a top edge which flies towards mid off. Pretty much, if you want to hit it through mid off, hit a leg glance. I think every pull shot I've played has gone behind point or just in front... And right handed cover drives seem exactly the same for some reason no matter how they're played.

And Michael Clarke plays a lofted on drive and it goes over long off for six...

----------

Most of the shots I played were leg-side shots. The one behind point was a pull shot. The singles through cover were cover drives and the four there was also a cover drive. The ones through mid off were a variety of cover drives, straight drives, on drives and leg glances.

ClarkeWW_zps54493f62.png

I had the same issue even on 2.11 where every leg side shot I played ended up going to the off-side. I hit 4 consecutive sixes over third-man with four aerial flick shots. Also, pull shots go towards mid-off.

Yeah, for left handers, they normally go behind point though.

And idk why but there was an appeal for a LBW which was plumb, so I appealed and it was given not out so I reviewed it. The ball pitched on middle but then the course of the ball just randomly moved 45 degrees so it missed the leg stump by about 2 sets of stumps (even though it was a yorker on middle stump). Does that mean it was an inside edge or something or is that a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread