Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hedger: It's possible that the ball just pitched and at that point it seamed (away/in). I'll change the DRS so that it assumes the ball will go straight on if it doesn't travel a certain distance (maybe 15cm?)...

Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll keep an eye out in testing to see what could be causing that. If it happens again can you take a screenshot for me?

Will do.

And lol, Lyon needs to learn to bowl it on the pitch. He crashed the game xD Guessing it has something to do with the ball not hitting the pitch :p

Code:
RUN @ 14/01/2013 10:34:05 PM

VERSION: 2.12
PROFILE: Hedger

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.RenderShadow(Single ratio, Camera2D camera, Boolean isTest) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Player.cs:line 3329
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 9634
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11902
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3301

----------

And had South Africa 3/120 or something like that so I think the balance is a lot better now. They score probably a little quicker but probably helps they take a lot of quick singles, which is a lot better now. Wickets came, as Peterson played on Bird for 40 odd. Starc then trapped Amla in front for not many, before Smith just played a stupid shot on 47 as he lofted Starc straight to extra cover (well between cover and mid-off)

@hedger: Hmm, not sure but I can patch that up. Should I send you an updated exe?

EDIT: Thanks, that's excellent feedback. Should they try to score a little quicker or is it more or less on par now?

Last edited:
lol, they definitely don't need to score quicker :p

If anything, it could be slowed down just a touch but I wouldn't bother with it, especially as I haven't tested much. Going to play this match though, now that you've uploaded that patch fixing the batting.

And it seems like batsmen like to play a lot behind point still. I think if you end up cutting that shot down a lot, it would be just fine. Especially since I have to put about 6 players behind point on the offside to stop that boundary (including slips), which allows them to score singles easier. So yeah, if you just make it so batsmen play behind point less, that would probably fix it.

uh, not sure. Not sure whether they're playing cuts or late cuts. And I think it's hard enough for the human player so only adjust it for the AI :p

lol, thanks. Considering I change the controls everytime, it does get annoying :p

----------

Australia:

1. Ed Cowan
2. Phil Hughes
3. Shane Watson
4. Michael Clarke*
5. Adam Voges
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade+
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Jackson Bird