Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty - so far I've managed to fix most of the initial issues for career mode. I only have (fake) club teams for SA at the moment, though. Also, you can now gain experience and level up. The AI does this too. As soon as I've cobbled together the character stats screen where you can upgrade your character, I'll put up another patch.

Roadmap:

- character stats/upgrade screen
- shop
- randomly generated newspaper clippings
- promotion
- ...still thinking about the rest

Cheers
K

@kurtkz: The pace bowler in the net training is running in a bit too fast I reckon.
Other than that, batting is certainly more realistic now.

----------

@kurtkz: Just when I was about to resume testing this error log came up.

VERSION: 2.13
PROFILE: Ian

MESSAGE: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

STACK TRACE: at Tao.OpenGl.Delegates.Clear.Invoke(Int32 mask)
at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glClear(Int32 mask)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 11900
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3301

EDIT: Just another thing, after you select Test Match (when selecting match format) and then press return at the team selection screen, it should go straight back to match format selection (and not to starting time selection, since test matches are always day matches)

Last edited:
@itay: Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix up those things as well. I'm not too sure why that crash happens but I think it might be related to a change I made in the cleanup. I'll try to fix that too.

And make sure Irish, Scottish and Netherlands players count as local players in English County cricket since I think there are a few outside the Irish and Scottish domestic teams that play for other counties and I'm not sure about Netherlands apart from the obvious player in Ryan ten Doeschate.

And another overseas player that's counted as local for county cricket. Oh, and what a surprise, another South African, Neil McKenzie.

Martin van Jaarsveld and Neil McKenzie are the only ones I've found so far and are the only ones I definitely know play so idk how many more there will be, probably a few others I don't know. Will tell you if I get to anymore.

I forgot that Neil Mac plays there too - for now I think we can safely ignore them. It's likely to be a handful of players from a pool of hundreds...I think.

Yeah, the only ones I know of are van Jaarsveld and McKenzie. I have a feeling I'm going to end up having duplicate players when I get to later countries, lol.

Like players that play for more than one team, I'll probably forget that I've already made some players and make that player again :p

It should be fine. The suggestion when you're typing shows you if you've typed that player's name before so I should be able to avoid duplicates.

I've fleshed out a very rough system for character leveling in career mode. By rough, I mean functional, ugly and incomplete :)

Hopefully, I'll have a beta of that up by Friday...

EDIT: At this point I should point out that it's all just sliders and points allocation. It's not balanced in any way, shape or form. I'm just hoping to get enough feedback next week to let me know how I should continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread