Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pat: The editor actually shouldn't be used anymore for teams & players. There's a new import process for that. Just modify the rosters.csv and teams.csv files in the Import folder, add flag graphics and when you start the game again, it'll update the data.

I actually completely forgot about the classic matches. I'll set about fixing that tonight.

@Pat: The editor actually shouldn't be used anymore for teams & players. There's a new import process for that. Just modify the rosters.csv and teams.csv files in the Import folder, add flag graphics and when you start the game again, it'll update the data.

I actually completely forgot about the classic matches. I'll set about fixing that tonight.

Does this mean you can no longer set speeds for bowlers individually?

Yes, but I can re-add speed fields to the csv file if you want...

That would be great. I would suggest you add the remaining fields as well to the CSV like (including bowler speeds):

Batting:
a. Vs Pace
b. Vs Spin
c. Speed
d. Power
e. Placement

Bowling:
a. Min Speed
b. Max Speed

Fielding:
a. Speed
b. Strength
c. Reflexes
d. Accuracy

Sure thing - I'll just have blank fields use default values.

Perfect. Also one thing I noted playing with the latest patch is that on some occasions taking single does not rotate strike. For example, I play a late cut to third-man and batsmen run for a single. The next delivery is again faced by the same batsman who hit the previous shot for single. Also on other occasions (maybe related), I had a batsman retain strike even after playing the last ball of the over defensively for no run.

One more observation regarding game speed was that every time a wicket falls, the next delivery plays out at a pretty slow speed. Normal speed resumes from the delivery after that. This also happens sometimes when a ball hits the batsman's pads (the game lags and stutters during the next ball)

@kurtkz: In regards to taking the new ball in Test matches, I did make a mistake. The new ball can be taken in the middle of an over.

As well, there's a few changes to the rules in one day matches:
- Only four fielders outside the circle (outside powerplays)
- No bowling powerplay
- Two bouncers (over the shoulder) allowed per over
- Batting powerplay must be completed by the 40th over (automatically enforced at the start of the 36th over if it is not taken earlier)
- Maximum of 5 fielders on the leg side

One question, is the two bouncers (over the shoulder) per over rule enforced in-game for Test matches?

Hi all,

I've just uploaded v2.20. Changelog:

Download

- fixed crashes at end of matches
- tweaked throwing
- tweaked batting difficulty
- fixed fielding rules (new ODI rules, leg-side fielders & number of bouncers/over)
- fixed slow-down after taking wicket / hitting the pads
- imported WI players
- tweaked edges
- tweaked reverse swing
- fixed taking of new ball in tests
- fixed abbreviation of player names
- players are now sorted alphabetically by surname in lineup selection & squads
- added Clear stats button to Cumulative stats screen
- added Zoom camera (#5)
- split cumulative stats into All/Country/Domestic
- made advertisting hoardings solid (back+top)
- tweaked spinner lengths (AI)
- tweaked timing to take into account ball softness & spinners
- fielders walk in with bowler runup
- fixed challenge mode (reimported old players)

Cheers
Kurt

Uh, you can't choose any players when selecting a team. Nothing highlights.

----------

btw, did you make any changes to the competitions?

----------

And I guess you did but this is an error that came up when I tried to make a competition.

RUN @ 17/02/2013 9:32:51 AM

VERSION: 2.20
PROFILE: Brendon

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateSquadSelection.CreateMenu() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateSquadSelection.cs:line 122
at Cricket.Main.GameStateSquadSelection.Process(Single ms, Int32 overrideIdx) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateSquadSelection.cs:line 879
at Cricket.Main.GameStateSquadSelection.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateSquadSelection.cs:line 1133
at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentTeamSelection.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentTeamSelection.cs:line 230
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13028
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3929

Apologies everyone, it looks like I undid most of my changes to lineup/squad selection and left it in a broken state. If you've downloaded v2.20, please download v2.21:

Download

Changes:

- fixed lineup selection
- fixed squad selection
- added squad size setting for custom tournaments

Cheers
K

And won't let me start a tournament.

RUN @ 17/02/2013 5:50:11 PM

VERSION: 2.21
PROFILE: Brendon

MESSAGE: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateSquadSelection.CreateMenu() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateSquadSelection.cs:line 165
at Cricket.Main.GameStateSquadSelection.Process(Single ms, Int32 overrideIdx) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateSquadSelection.cs:line 947
at Cricket.Main.GameStateSquadSelection.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateSquadSelection.cs:line 1211
at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentControlSelection.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentControlSelection.cs:line 193
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13036
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3929

Oh crud - I think the previous version might've corrupted the team rosters. Can you open the Roster.csv or Teams.csv file, re-save it and then start the game please? That should force it to reimport the data so that the rosters are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread