Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, finally took some wickets (2/7 from 3), came up with a screen that said I have gained 40 XP then this:
Code:
RUN @ 23/02/2013 9:59:04 AM

VERSION: 2.26
PROFILE: DM

Parameter name: key

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 3186
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 1062
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13030
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3930

And do you want me to create some proper logos for the fake teams?

Last edited:
Nah, dont think so. Although I can't speak for everyone, Im sure some people would. It would probably best if it was from a teams room view in the stands (see here, right at the start) would feel realistic. And can we also see the result of the toss for the games we play would be nice so I know what I actually will be doing

Very similar bug the one earlier, dunno why it happened
Code:
RUN @ 23/02/2013 9:00:04 PM

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 3094
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 1062
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13030
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3930

Played a T20 Exhibition between Afghanistan and Kenya, bowled the first ball, it was left alone then this:
Code:
RUN @ 23/02/2013 9:07:03 PM

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.Strip(String n) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\InningStatistics.cs:line 3309
   at Cricket.Main.InningStatistics.AddBall(BallStatistics ball, Int32 facing1, Single atrophy, GameInstance instance, GameStateDeliver _state) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Statistics\InningStatistics.cs:line 3627
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.NextBall() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 4448
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.UpdateFielders(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 7781
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 16126
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13045

Last edited:
Hey kurtkz, with regard to some posts in the PCPL forum about the commentary output, I was wondering if you could code in something to be able to wrap tags around the output, so we could then take that and put in some bbcode on the forums to then tidy it up and make it look nicer than the current code output we usually use.

An ideal implementation to me would be code like
Code:
[noparse]
[cricketheroes]
[ball="19.1"]MattW to Saud Ali, [b]4[/b], 139.52kph, Pitches just outside off and it jags away. Spanked through the leg side. Great on-drive. Very classy from S Ali - no stopping this one[/ball]
--snip--
[notice]Free hit coming up...[/notice]

[ball="19.4"] MattW to Saud Ali, 1, 139.67kph, MattW flings this through at decent pace. S Ali plays it gently through the off side. Tight run! The batsmen complete the single in the end[/ball]
--snip--
[ball="1.4"]Treva to Miguel Cabrera, [B]OUT[/B], 137.83kph, Treva hits a good length just outside off. M Cabrera defends with a straight bat and he has not quite got a hold of this one and it is taken by Highlander999 fine leg[/ball]

[wicket]Miguel Cabrera c Highlander999 b Treva 6 (8m 6b 1x4 0x6) SR: 100.00[/wicket]

[notice]* MattW finishes up with a good, solid spell.[/notice]
[notice]* MattW 1 / 22 in 4.0 overs, 0 maidens[/notice]

[overend]End of over 20 (9 runs) The Eleven Musketeers 164 / 5 (RR: 8.20) [/overend]
[scores]VC Andrews 1* (3b 0x4 0x6) MattW 4-0-22-1
Saud Ali 41* (31b 5x4 1x6) Sifter 4-0-21-1 [/scores]
[/cricketheroes]
[/noparse]

Which could then be styled externally so it could look a bit like the cricinfo commentary or something. If the game engine can output pre-tagged code, then users would just need to paste it in and have it look nice on the other end.

I can imagine there's a lot on your to-do list though. Thanks anyway.

@MattW: Sure thing! Do you have a list of tags that I can implement?

@dancingmongoose: Thanks for the error reports, I'll check them out now :) With regards to watching the game during career mode - I'll implement a button to toggle between sim/live action, but I'll default it to live action mode.

@MattW: Sure thing! Do you have a list of tags that I can implement?
[noparse]
I suppose it's really just how much you'd need to have styled - the key parts would be to separate out the ball number from the ball commentary, so that it's easier to wrap, and then to put something around anything that should be pointed out as an important event in the commentary.

Naming conventions are mostly free - here's a list of all the ones we currently have, so as long as the names aren't duplicated there you can really do anything you like - so whatever's the obvious name.

The basic structure of the tags is either [something][/something] or [something="somethingelse"][/something] where there's a variable that's associated with the other thing. The 21.2Commentary would allow me to then build something for the actual output.

What I could think of are perhaps,

Innings/Over tags for the top line of a new innings/over - perhaps it could output the team colour in hex to colour code the innings
[noparse][over="cc5500"] End of over 18 (12 runs) Western Windings 151 / 5 (RR: 8.39, RRR: 6.50) [/over][/noparse]

Ball tags for each ball
[noparse]21.2Commentary [/noparse]

Wicket tags for each wicket (with the fow in the tag for emphasis)
[noparse][wicket="2/122"] User2010 c V Andrews b barmyarmy 21 (17m 14b 2x4 1x6) SR: 150.00[/wicket][/noparse]

And tags for things that you currently put an asterisk on,
[noparse]Free hit coming up...[/noparse]

Beyond that you could probably get really in depth with the scorecards, but it might be better just to post screenshots for that sort of thing.

If everything is then wrapped in a cricketheroes tag, we'd then be able to make it a fixed width and scrollable.

[/noparse]
(my attempts at implementing this on the server side are breaking this post)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've put together a test patch (attached). Changelog:

- tweaked sim
- catches count less for MoM
- FC games are reported on per day
- added PlanetCricket tags to commentary output
- warning dialog when clearing cumulative stats
- added Live Action view to career mode
- crash fixes

Cheers
K

Attachments

• Patch-2.28.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
A teammate hit the winning runs adn then this:
Code:
RUN @ 24/02/2013 4:14:37 PM

VERSION: 2.28

at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 3110
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 1066
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13489
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3993

Theres also some very questionable captaincy going on, I bowled the first over and it went for 5, then I didn't bowl again until the final over, despite one bowler going for 40 from his 4. And the captain's blatant refusal to plug gaps

Thanks dancingmongoose, I'll have a look at that bug later today. Haven't had much time to work on career mode lately with all the sim adjustments.

I'll also check out the captaincy issues. Is it a specific gap that gets ignored or gaps in general? Also, were you simming the game at any point?

It was watching my career mode game, while I was waiting to bowl again. Mainly back down the ground, especially during the powerplay, never did the captain take the fielders from behind square despite repeated boundaries from drives

Hi guys,

another small update (not officially released yet). Changelog:

- more crash fixes
- tweaked bowler selection & reaction to field adjustments

Cheers
K

Attachments

• Patch-2.28.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Hi Jack,

you can grab the official download here. Then download the patch in the post above and apply it. For more info about the game and how to play you can head over to the official site. For any more questions, either post them here or PM me :)

Cheers
K

@kurtkz thanks i know where to download the game but once you warned non-paying members should not download the patches after it or something like that so i am asking which patch was last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread