Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm we made 9/88 from our 20 overs (yes thats right) I then opened the bowling and took a wicket maiden and was immediately taken out of the attack. The bowler who replaced me went for 9.

Aaaand 12th over, still haven't bowled again

So I got to bowl the 16th and 18th overs, then we lost. And then I got the 40XP crash again
Code:
RUN @ 25/02/2013 7:44:00 AM

VERSION: 2.28
PROFILE: DM

Parameter name: key

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 3209
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateEndOfMatch.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateEndOfMatch.cs:line 1066
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13622
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3993

Gah! Sorry about that dancingmongoose, I'll fix that up. I'll check that bowler selection out again too. Not sure why it's so wonky. Might just be a little too sensitive at lower bowling skill levels.

Unless the skipper wanted to use me as a death bowler cause I bowled a wicket maiden first up, as I would have bowled my final over in the final over. Although I reckon I should have got one more at least

OK - thanks to dancingmongoose, I think I've eliminated the last bug at the end of a match. I'm just looking into changing the bowler selection algorithm and then I'll upload a patch.

I'd saved the game 3 overs into the chase just incase it crashed (like it did) and I lost my wicket maiden, Ive loaded it up and I'll let you know how it goes. I wont remark on the bowling selection until the next game though, provided I get that far

Got brought in earlier, and there was no XP crash. Although I only earnt 20 cause I only managed that 1 wicket. Oh and we won by 4 runs :D

2nd game, again I opened the bowling, conceded 5 runs and straight out again, not that I mind too much cause they're 5/47

Last edited:
New crash:
Code:
RUN @ 25/02/2013 10:23:54 AM

VERSION: 2.29

MESSAGE: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.

STACK TRACE:    at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 20683
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 14046
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3993

I had saved it after the first game so went to play the second one, bowled the first over and was taken off again. I would think maybe it's because Im a spinner opening the bowling but the other opening bowler is also a spinner and he always gets a second over.

Few overs in and crash:
Code:
RUN @ 25/02/2013 11:35:57 AM

MESSAGE: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.

STACK TRACE:    at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 20688
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 14056
Looks the same as the last one just 5 lines later

And one more thing, if you make yourself an opening batsman, you never come in higher than 5.

@Jack, yes I remember that, it was when he started restricting things to paying users only. Doesn't mean you can't do anything, but after that point there would limited features

Another crash, this time attempting to quit a match:
Code:
RUN @ 25/02/2013 12:11:06 PM

STACK TRACE:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.FindPlayerTeam() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13422
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 13866

And a suggestion or two...
  • The white ball is a bit difficult to see in live view. Perhaps making the grass darker might make it easier
  • Can you display an abbreviation next to the score and not just the flag? Half the time I have no idea who's batting :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread