Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ashu: The model file format shouldn't affect the textures. You can export to 3DS, X or COLLADA formats...

@itay: Thanks, I'll check it out. I wonder if the resumption didn't break something. Do you still have that saved game? If so, please send it to me?

----------

@Zohaib: If you update your graphics drivers it should run at full speed...

@kurtkz: Just sent you the saved game via PM.

:facepalm I just realised I still haven't implemented Super Overs yet. I'm going to try to implement that before I release the update. Sorry guys :rolleyes

The game is working fine and I played a few games, really like the new graphics.

I find the commentary pretty annoying, it doesnt sound professional and it keeps repeating the same things over and over again. Like everytime I bowl with full speed, he says its an effort ball. No offence to whoever did the commentry

@kurtkz: Started a four day game and got this error log when a slip fielder took a catch.

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.WicketCaught(BallCollision bc)
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

EDIT: Was playing as the fielding side and pressed the 'I' button to appeal when the error log came up.

Last edited:
@Zohaib: No, I understand. Unfortunately we've had limited time to do commentary. I'll be adding a commentary editor to the full game and will hopefully get some time to do commentary packs as DLC.

@itay: Thanks, I'll take a look at it now :)

Kurt, Just got this bug when trying to start a game, didnt even get to the PeekPoke screen

RUN @ 5/04/2013 1:09:23 PM

VERSION: 2.50
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Utility.XML.XMLParser.Parse(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.LoadSpriteSheet(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet..ctor(String filename)
at Resources.Sprites.SpritesheetManager.AddSpriteSheet(String key)
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Also, just came across this playing a quick match, AUS vs NZ.

Brad Haddin's Name seems to have a mistake, his first initial is different batting scorecard to the bowling scorecard.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 6
@plexus: Seems like you've hit the permissions bug. Try running Cricket Heroes (permissions fix).exe. That should solve that problem. Also, thanks for the bug report, I'll fix that up for the next release.

Thanks Kurt, didnt realise I double clicked the non-permission fix EXE.

----------

Did you also get a chance to look at my question yesterday?

Kurt, is there anyway you can separate the overs by maybe showing a batting scorecard it between each over? I mean I know its there in the options to view but instead of going from bowler to bowler, how about popping the scorecard up?

@plexus: No problem, I'm going to try to combine the 2 executables. Should be doable :)

Also, yup, I was just getting ready to implement the scorecards. Should it always be the batting scorecard only? And should it be every over or every 2 overs?

Hey Kurtkz, just a suggestion; in the registration emails, maybe put a link to the latest update of the game or something so customers can go straight to it to download.

Cheers.

@plexus: No problem, I'm going to try to combine the 2 executables. Should be doable :)

Also, yup, I was just getting ready to implement the scorecards. Should it always be the batting scorecard only? And should it be every over or every 2 overs?

When watching it on the TV, they mainly show the batting scorecard with the bowling extras down the bottom, someone feel free to correct if i'm wrong. Maybe you could just have the batting scorecard every 2nd over and the bowling scorecard every 5 overs? Or something like that.

Also, just got another Bug. Changed the screen size to full screen and the resolution.

RUN @ 5/04/2013 5:59:41 PM

VERSION: 2.46
PROFILE: N/A

MESSAGE: Unable to find an entry point named 'glGenBuffers' in DLL 'opengl32.dll'.

STACK TRACE: at Tao.OpenGl.Imports.GenBuffers(Int32 n, IntPtr buffers)
at Tao.OpenGl.Gl.glGenBuffers(Int32 n, Int32[] buffers)
at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.set_IsStatic(Boolean value) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 2486
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Field.LoadStadium(String name, Vector3D scale) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Field.cs:line 580
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3698

@Storer: You're quite right. I need to keep registered users updated. I'll try to automate the process this weekend.

@plexus: That sounds good, think I'll implement it like that. I'm not sure why that bug suddenly popped up though. I wonder if your gfx card doesn't like the resolution? What res are you trying to play at in fullscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread