Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope i have not made any players to the 100's.
But i might try to lower down the stats to see if it works.

May as well wait for the full release to run the league. Finally got the hang of career mode and batting it was hard but as they say practice makes it perfect. :D

Hi guys,

so these are the changes I've made so far for the next patch - please let me know if I've missed any of your requests and I'll try to do those before I release it:

- fixed squad sizes for HK6 and beach cricket
- fixed PCPL-style commentary
- fixed rare crash when balls is in the air, but not catchable
- tweaked batting AI so that they predict the correct ball trajectory less often (can flummox them more easily ;))
- tweaked leg-side play
- decreased cloud texture resolution (for speed)
- fixed fielder recovery time from diving
- fixed auto field selection in short formats when pushing fielders to edge of ring
- more fielding tweaks
- added Crease manage option

Cheers
K

Hi guys,

so these are the changes I've made so far for the next patch - please let me know if I've missed any of your requests and I'll try to do those before I release it:

- tweaked batting AI so that they predict the correct ball trajectory less often (can flummox them more easily ;))
- tweaked leg-side play
- fixed auto field selection in short formats when pushing fielders to edge of ring
- more fielding tweaks

Cheers
K

@kurtkz: Hmm... Probably these two things (no hurry though)?
- There's a lack of power of good and perfectly timed shots (managed to score only 195 in a test match inning, lots of singles & not a lot of boundaries), and the ball is slowing to a stop way too suddenly still (probably needs further tweaking & extra testing?)
- Fielders should attempt to chase the ball down when the ball is moving, rather than start chasing than when it stops (should also sometimes be able to stop the ball while it's moving)

EDIT: Hope this helps... Here's a good example of scoring distribution (taken from Cricinfo, this is from the recent Ashes test at Trent Bridge, Aus 1st & 2nd innings)
280 runs - 1s x 66 | 2s x 17 | 3s x 5 | 4s x 33 | 6s x 3
296 runs - 1s x 75 | 2s x 16 | 3s x 3 | 4s x 38 | 6s x 1
Around 50% of the runs are scored from boundaries on slightly smaller grounds (on a quick outfield).

Other than that, I quite like the increased difficulty when batting (in pro difficulty). :thumbs

Last edited:
Thanks itay! Great feedback. I've reduced the field size and made well-timed shots more effective. Will hopefully have a new patch either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks itay! Great feedback. I've reduced the field size and made well-timed shots more effective. Will hopefully have a new patch either tonight or tomorrow morning.

When you mean reducing field size, this doesn't affect the dimensions of each ground?

The Indiegogo campaign is pretty much a failure, so the game will be released at the end of this month (or early August).

Sorry to hear this Kurt, although I still think you should continue selling it for the $5 for the full game, just to get some reward for the money and hard work you put into it. You deserve it, the game is fantastic and brilliant for a independent development. There are far worse cricket games out there selling for more money and you can keep developing it. I'm sure with the help of the community the graphics and stuff can be developed better over time.

Thanks BruD, I'm going to have to limit development when it's released though. I've been turning down contract work to focus on the game but with the wedding coming up, I'm going to need to change tack.

That being said, I'll support the game in terms of bug fixes.

Understandable, you need to eat at the end of the day. Work is more important, but you could get a steady trickle of funds from it still, without making the whole thing free. And there are some very clever people out there who can help develop the graphics further.

Hi everyone,

another Friday, another patch ;)

Download Patch
Download Full

- tweaked leg-side play
- more fielding tweaks
- tweaked close-in catches
- tweaked AI bowling when switching between over and around the wicket
- fixed crash when viewing scoring details in field editor
- AI correctly customises field placement based on batsman's scoring
- tweaked batting to be easier
- tweaked AI to be more susceptible to changes in pace early on

Cheers
K

Hi everyone,

another Friday, another patch ;)

Download Patch
Download Full

- tweaked leg-side play
- more fielding tweaks
- tweaked close-in catches
- tweaked AI bowling when switching between over and around the wicket
- fixed crash when viewing scoring details in field editor
- AI correctly customises field placement based on batsman's scoring
- tweaked batting to be easier
- tweaked AI to be more susceptible to changes in pace early on

Cheers
K

@kurtkz: Changing the crease angle for one of the bowlers doesn't work in management mode (and the angle setting should be below the length)

I haven't seen a lot of edges of seam or spin bowlers either (swing bowlers have taken most of the wickets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread