Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally..... I will do something.... craetively.... ;)

----------

hey but i think you have provided x64 version coz my system gives error of incompatible version and suggests checking that my system is x86 or x64..

got to the flag screen and selected my opening batsmen just before starting Game Crash... :facepalm

Code:
RUN @ 22/07/2013 16:35:19

VERSION: 2.637
PROFILE: kjh
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.BeginRender(Boolean texturize) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 3139
   at Resources.Models.AnimatedModel.Render3D(Vector3D rotate, Vector3D translate, Camera camera, String animation, Single frame, Boolean flipX, String prevAnimation, Int32 prevFrame, Single tweenTime) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Resources\Model\AnimatedModel.cs:line 3546
   at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera, Boolean isTest, GameInstance instance) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Player.cs:line 4283
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 15205
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateNewBatsman.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateNewBatsman.cs:line 168
   at Cricket.Main.GameState.Update(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameState.cs:line 324
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateChooseBatsman.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateChooseBatsman.cs:line 615
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 18117
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\touchlab\work\Personal\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4230

----------

seems like som problem in player animations and models...

@kurtkz: Just a few things:
- I still get the bug where I select one bowler but another bowler ends up bowling.
- Bowlers are bowling 'horrendously' high full tosses (no no-ball called) and taking wickets with them (happens too frequently)
- Bowlers bowling around the wicket are still bowling too wide (e.g right-arm bowlers bowling too wide to left handed batsman and straying on leg stump and the leg-side to right handed batsman) making almost impossible to score off.
- Regarding the rev-counter, the revs for deliveries that don't spin much seems to be too low (bit unrealistic). Lowest amount revs I've seen watching the Ashes has been around 1700 rpm when Root (part time off-spinner) was bowling (Swann and even Smith were bowling deliveries around 2000-2400 rpm)
- Bounce trajectory for spinners when reviewing using DRS is incorrect (most occasions the ball is seen to be dipping down and hitting the stumps)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've uploaded preview patch.

Patch

Changelog:

- added Google Analytics
- tweaked rev counter
- fixed bars in management screens
- fixed bowler crease selection in bowler management
- fixed ball dipping in DRS LBW referrals
- tweaked bowling in management mode
- linked bat textures to equipment editor (also affects career mode characters)
- fixed bat texture preview bug
- texture generation speedup
- tweaked speed off bat for defensive strokes

Cheers
K

PS some of the issues have not yet been resolved. I'm working on the outstanding issues.

Last edited:
So I'm testing a MacOS version (a wrapped version to be fair)...any Mac users out there that would be willing to test it, assuming it works?

@Ashu: I've found the crash bug - after it crashes, extract the patch over your folder again and restart the game. It should work. I'm working on the next patch now that will fix this without you having to go through that process but I'm only going to release it tonight.

I am all but in for testing on Mac.Let me know when you have a build to test and I will try it out.

@kurtkz: The keeper is leaking quite a few byes when a right arm bowler bowls around the wicket. Also, when choosing the angle the bowler should stay at that angle regardless of whether there is a right handed or left handed batsman facing (e.g. right arm around the wicket would angle the delivery across the right handed batsman or into the left handed batsman and vice versa for over the wicket)

EDIT: Just a thought, if a wicket falls just before an interval (lunch, tea or end of the day), it is possible for the interval to be taken after the wicket falls?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread